Everest College

Everest College Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Everest College CEO Jack Massimino

Jack Massimino

Pros:
  • "Great benefits, steady schedule coworkers are wonderful"
    in 9 reviews
  • "It's nice working with current and potential students and trying to help them improve their lives"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Very unstable job security, employees or upper management could be replaced at an instant if regional"
    in 5 reviews
  • "CCI will do whatever it takes to meet their placement percentages"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

It is an OK place to work

Financial Aid (Former Employee)

I worked at Everest College full-time for more than a year

ProsHours, passion of the students.

ConsPay, management, & lack of care for students or education

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about your staff and students and there won't be a high a turnover.

Rip-off company with questionable ethics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Everest College full-time

ProsThe pay and training are both good.

ConsToo many unattainable rules. Constant fear of being fired for stupid reasons.

The online Professor experience is backed by an extremely supportive, gracious and positive staff.

I have been working at Everest College part-time

ProsAt any time the curve ball of is thrown your way, other staff members and Professors are willing and able to chip in to assist.

The Assistant Deans, ASCs and other support staff are extremely helpful in making sure the online Professor is knowledgeable, has all the resources and training to ensure students have a successful course and institutional compliance is met.

ConsThe discussion areas are a bit antiquated. Following discussion threads can get long.

Admissions

Admissions Representative (Current Employee)
San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at Everest College full-time

ProsGreat pay; Great team to work on

ConsCan get stressful at times.

Career Services Representative

Career Representative (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Everest College full-time for more than a year

ProsGet the opportunity to become a different maker in someone's life as they have gone back to school to better themselves.

Normally the employees are great and are there for the right reasons.

ConsOrganization leaders will do whatever it takes to ensure that the shareholders are happy without taking into consideration the employees or students needs.

Cut throat environment as many years of doing bad business has caught up with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure to keep students best interests in mind.

Decent Place to Work

Admissions Representative (Current Employee)
Arlington, TX

I have been working at Everest College full-time for more than a year

ProsWhen at this job I experienced a professional setting and very upbeat. Everyone enjoyed what they do and the abillity to be able to truly help students.

ConsThere is however a lack of structure as it relates to training and overall business operations. There are many knowledgeable employees, but they don't get a chance to really show their skills because of how the business is set up.

It doesn't get much worse than teaching online at Everest

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Everest College part-time for less than a year

ProsCourses are canned. Very little preparation. Curriculum is excellent

ConsWhere to start? Deans, administrative assistants, and staff take micromanagement to a whole new level. They constantly monitor instructor email. They evaluate you on everything from not catching a student's misspelling on an assignment to the length of time you take to respond to email (if you are 24 hours and 5 minutes over the deadline, there is a major problem). Instructors are given little academic freedom in the classroom. You are told what announcements to post. When to post them. You are told how to address students and when to respond to them. You are instructed on when to participate in class discussions and the manner with which you will reach out to students who are "in trouble" in the class. All of this is an insult to seasoned (adult) instructors. Note to Everest: this is borderline harassment. You cannot bully and harass those in your employ. There is a push to keep students in the classroom who should not be in the classroom. The focus is on profits and not preparing students to compete for jobs that will elevate their standing of living. Everest makes it incredibly difficult for instructors to succeed in the online classroom.

Advice to Senior ManagementNote to Everest: You cannot bully and harass those in your employ and expect them to be focused in the classroom and gracious with your students. There is a push to keep students in the classroom who should not be in the classroom. The focus is on profits and not preparing students to compete for jobs that will elevate their standing of living. Everest makes it incredibly difficult for instructors to succeed in the online

Initially, you believe you are part of the solution....Then you realize. This is Corpo For Profit...You are disposable.

Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee)
DFW, TX

I worked at Everest College full-time for more than 5 years

ProsInitiating change and improving a student's' self worth. Ability to improve a region with medical knowledge. Self actualization fulfilled. Imparting and trouble shooting every nuance of working in the Medical Field. Knowing your students will be successful with encouragement, yet a tough love attitude to increase their drive and desire to be the best.

ConsUnbelievable racial bias, 40+ hours IN THE CLASSROOM...at the mercy of revolving Management and their never ending demands to alter previous directives. Telling students to bring their children to Campus to get 5 minutes of attendance so they aren't dropped. Poor unethical treatment.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that Instructors are the entire reason a student is successful. Investigate your Dept. Chairs...DOE. Give them the tools to be successful. Corporate may not realize the tools are there, they are just not shared with the Instructors. Some don't even know how to access the online tools, or that we have a portal. Terrible training. Obtuse disregard for intelligence. Judged on attrition, yet not paid for keeping students in the classroom.

Hardest place to teach I've ever been. Teachers must be too focused on retention of adult students.

Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Everest College part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat benefits, good hours, feel supported by immediate supervisors (but not corporation itself), new facility that is well equiped & up to date.

ConsSalaried at a minimum amount of hours for instruction & prep, then expected to put in many additional hours of unpaid time for training. Corporation is so focused on retention that it takes away from the education experience. Good teachers are fired because adult students drop or change their minds about wanting to be in school i.e. if retention is not maintained at a certain percentage, a teacher can be fired REGARDLESS of the reason that the student dropped!

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporation is so focused on retention that it takes away from the education experience. Good teachers are fired because adult students drop or change their minds about wanting to be in school i.e. if retention is not maintained at a certain percentage, a teacher can be fired REGARDLESS of the reason that the student dropped! Provide compensation for training to part-time salaried employees.

Excellent

I have been working at Everest College part-time for more than a year

ProsInstructor support is phenomenal. Everest provides good training and after training provides a mentor for your first semester of teaching. In my experience supervision has been very supportive.

ConsSo far I have not seen or experienced any negatives as an instructor.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs an instructor with Everest, I wish I had more leeway to tweak the curriculum. Such as demanding more of the students.

Worked for Everest College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Everest College reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Everest College CEO Jack Massimino. All 115 reviews posted anonymously by Everest College employees.