Everest College Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014

2.4

Everest College CEO Jack Massimino
Jack Massimino

Pros
  • Great benefits, steady schedule coworkers are wonderful (in 10 reviews)

• Helping people make a difference in their personal life with career training (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • uncertainty of job security and lack of communication between departments (in 6 reviews)

• Unrealistic expectations and goals (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Stress

Current Employee - Admissions Representative  in  Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Everest College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good coworkers that you can have fun and talk to and most on the campus are pleasant. Most truly are there to help people make positive changes in their lives.

Cons

The agenda is constantly changing from enrolling students to doing events. They monitor the amount of calls you are making on a daily basis and constantly look at your time mangement. If you are not on the phone they want to know what you are doing. The amount of reports that need to be done on a daily basis is ridiculous. They will enroll students whom have learning disabilities that just end up putting students in debt which is not fair. You though cannot advise students against enrolling.

Although they say it is not about the numbers and enrollments if you are not enrolling they are questioning you about why not. If it is not about the numbers then why are their daily meeting about the quota for the month on enrollments. A lot of stress on the admissions side when you should be helping people.

If you truly want to do what is right for the student, take a look internally and see if you are also doing what is right for your employees. Live by your motto, just don't speak it.

Also if corporate is not going to give cost of living raises or promotions then how can it be justified that our CEO took a million dollar bonus????

Fantastic!

I have been working at Everest College

Pros

I have been with Everest for 3 months now. I started as a full time Director of First Impressions and have recently been promoted to a Student Finance Planner. I am more than please with the staff here. Good, hard working people. Each and every one of us is team oriented and achieve goals together.

Cons

There are days where it is very overwhelming. Sometimes employees forget how many different people DOFI's really answer to. Therefore, the front desk can get VERY busy.

Loving it! Keep up the good work!

Good

Current Employee - Career Services  in  Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Career Services in Garland, TX

I have been working at Everest College full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place to work, work is work

Cons

None at all, work is work.

None

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's a For-Profit. Everest was more concerned with maintaining profits at the expense of students.

I worked at Everest College full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gained experience in a fast paced, chaotic environment. It's good training for those seeking a career in social services. Many of the students who enrolled were desperate to improve their lives while overcoming great personal challenges, such as unemployment, homelessness, abusive relationships, and challenges associated with under education.

Cons

Policies and procedures from corporate office were not in line with the realities of our student population. Many did not possess the academic and life skills necessary to benefit from a career training environment. But were coerced to enroll by admissions reps who were required to meet their enrollment quota or face dismissal. The structure was rigged to encourage unethical enrollment practices.

Listen to employees' concerns in regard to ethics.

Awful and thankful I left!

Former Employee - Student Services Coordinator  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Student Services Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I worked at Everest College full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary was pretty good if you worked in Admissions

Cons

You pretty much had to work with students who couldn't read very well, directors who were not professional nor possessed the basic skills to be a director. Overly populated with admissions reps who were blood thirsty for students and were told to lie to students in order to get them to sign up for classes.

Get more experienced directors and stop promoting from within just because you owe a favor to a 'friend' or you have a relationship with them. Recruit intelligent, regionally accredited degree holders for leadership roles.

Not a place you want to work if you have morals

Former Employee - Admissions  in  Merrillville, IN
    Former Employee - Admissions in Merrillville, IN

I worked at Everest College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My co-workers (some) were excellent. I miss them a lot.

Cons

Everything about that organization. I would not recommend to work there if you want growth. They are not providing to the students what they claim to do in their mission statement.

Stop hiring sales people with no education that came from best buy as a sales rep.

Make this your last choice

Former Employee - Instructor  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Instructor in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Everest College part-time for more than a year

Pros

Learning experience, working with all types, can transfer to other locations

Cons

They always make sure your hours are part-time so they do not have to pay benefits, very disorganized, most teachers are unqualified, must pass students even if they are failing as you must keep your numbers up... Very unprofessional.

It should be about the education, not the numbers!!

Working for any higher education college is rewarding enough

Former Employee - Admissions Representative  in  North Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in North Aurora, IL

I worked at Everest College full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best thing about working this school was helping students achieve their educational goals.

Cons

The Management staff who run admissions the department have no Integrity.

None.

Top Campus Leadership has extremely poor management skills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Everest College full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly co-workers, free parking, conveniently located to freeway

Cons

Very poor management skills by top campus leadership personnel. Inconsistency, lack of support and job security regardless of role on campus.

Focus should be on the education of students and not on inappropriate jokes, videos and discriminatory comments. Given the level of education, top leaders should act more responsibly. I am looking for other employment, as are many others. This was a good place to work 6 years ago, but not today.

Not for everybody

I worked at Everest College full-time for less than a year

Pros

Laid back environment, no pressure to meet goals (since still new)

Cons

Convincing people you're changing their lives, looking for specific types of students--low income, minority, etc.

Worked for Everest College? Contribute to the Community!