Everest University Online

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ehhh...

I have been working at Everest University Online full-time

ProsFun co-workers that are very kind. They really keep the atmosphere as positive as they possible can. Fun events for the holidays. Directors are very nice as well.

ConsLay offs, lay offs. All they care about is their stock holders. Bad quality for profit education company. Stock is plummeting as well. That should be a very obvious sign about the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove education quality with better teachers and system overall. Stop enrolling students who are almost guaranteed to fail and default on loans. Not good for the company or the government.

Company on the decline

Employer Developer (Current Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Everest University Online full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSchedule, great peers to work with.

ConsIndustry problems, oversight, marketing objectives

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with your employees.

For-profit education industry is going downhill

Admissions Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Everest University Online full-time for less than a year

ProsI got along really well with my co-workers, I was fortunate enough to have a pretty laid back director, though who you get is luck of the draw. The office that we worked in was spacious and driving to the location was pretty easy as it's near major highways and streets. Overtime was allowed at times if you volunteered. The earliest you ever had to come in was 9 am. The pay-scale is decent, compared to positions at State schools.

ConsCompany is not doing well, period. Very low stock prices for parent company (CCI) means a constantly changing environment, with upper-management trying to figure out how to meet stockholders expectations and therefore the company budgets (which it is failing to do regularly).This means firing long-term employees and hiring new ones (paying them less of course), members of management resigning, constant rotation of supervision and teams to try to increase productivity.

Consistently changing daily expectations and reporting methods - it seems like upper-management is in 'hail mary-mode' and in desperation to increase enrollments.

As for the admissions representative positions, the only way to ensure job stability and growth is to enroll more students. The company is also desperate to keep those students (of cours) so you end up doing many other positions' jobs (as you are the "front line" and have the best relationship with the student) - this all goes unnoticed if the students is in 'default' or if for some reason they don't participate in classes because it is your reputation (or potential for job stability.growth) that is on the line - this is an issue across the board though in the industry.

Working hours- sometimes have to work until 10 pm at night if you get stuck on a call.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't base all decisions on stock-prices and minimize costs whe, the for-profit industry is changing and you need to be more innovative if you want to survive

DEMORALZING COMPANY TO WORK FOR

I have been working at Everest University Online full-time for more than 8 years

ProsWhen you are employed there is a very competitive salary. But that is short lived, no promotion, no annual increases nothngl

ConsThey are in trouble financially. Just went through a division wide layoff of 361 employees. This was based on very poor decisions from the Executives in the home office in California who have no clue about the job that we do day to day.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being greedy and put some faith in your workforce. Don't toss people out like garbage that have devoted 10 or more years with you..building your business to just toss them aside.

Very stable job & pay, but feels like you are in high school again.

Student Finance Planner (Former Employee)

I worked at Everest University Online full-time for more than a year

ProsYou go in to do your job and leave. There's nothing to take home and work on.

ConsLots of drama and gossip. Try to keep to yourself or on the down-low.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake employees feel appreciated.

Its a friendly and supportive atmosphere and can be a very rewarding job

High School Admissions Representative (Current Employee)
Melbourne, FL

ProsThe ability to make a difference every day

ConsUpper management is tone deaf to the needs of our students

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to and execute the suggestions of the representatives who actually work with the students

Short, Horrible

Student Finance Planner (Former Employee)

I worked at Everest University Online full-time for less than a year

ProsThe pros are that the place is going downhill, so it is not very busy AT ALL. No students coming in so no work.

ConsThe job has no security. Random mass layoffs every few months. They gather a room full of 60+ people and explain that business is not as good as it used to be, and just let you go like that. Also, this school is pretty much scamming these students, if that makes you feel good. An education at Everest means nothing, they just want your money!

Advice to Senior ManagementThink before you hire people if you are just going to lay off in 2 months.

Thanks but I will never work here again, I want to get me life and fun back.

Admissions Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Everest University Online full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCompany rarely fires it's employees. It did provide fairly priced health dental and vision insurance. Made a lot of friends and meet a lot of people and I gained a lot of experience and maturity.

ConsCompany does not provide a work and life balance, company does not care about its employees. I have gone the past two years with no raise while all upper management enjoys bonuses. They make you work every holiday even federal holidays. No chance of moving up into management.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your employees that care about them.

Happy and Grateful

I have been working at Everest University Online

ProsI like Benefits, location, training.

Consi do not have any cons

Difficult to explain in one sentence but I left because I felt it lacked integrity

Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee)
Tempe, AZ

I worked at Everest University Online full-time for more than a year

ProsYou have a schedule where you come in, do your job, and go home. Because you are one of many it is sometimes easier to go to doc appointments, etc. There seem to be opportunities within the company. There is often something going on with regard to a costume contest, dress-up days, etc.

ConsEthics and integrity. Unfortunately they are more concerned with keeping students in school than making sure they are happy and doing well. Our biggest focus was on making sure students attended class. Although we couldn't TELL them to just post some BS that basically was what they wanted (or it appeared so).

You can apply for internal positions but often the people who really deserve the roles are denied. The person with the least experience/personality/worst junky attitude/etc., always seems to win out. The will fire people who work really hard but not the people who falsify their call attempts, talk rudely to management, etc.

You are expected to make hundreds of calls a day in reality (although this is not what is said it is the expectation), you are expected to keep students in school, but you don't really get rewarded for extra effort.

It is not a company that will often reward achievements over and above the others. It is partly who you know and that can become a little shady sometimes.

Also, they recently took away company raises and basically any incentive to do better.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your people that you actually care about THEM. Do the right things. Sometimes it is important to cultivate your people to HELP your business.

Worked for Everest University Online? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Everest University Online reviews and ratings. All 48 reviews posted anonymously by Everest University Online employees.