Everett Community College

Office Assistant

Former Employee - Office Assistance  in  Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Office Assistance in Everett, WA

I worked at Everett Community College part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very friendly. Very diverse culture on campus. Flexible hours for a college student. Understanding to a student's needs when class comes before work.

Cons

Low pay but the pros make up for it.

Supportive, diverse environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at Everett Community College full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very friendly and responsive culture on campus. A good place to network. Constantly looking to improve in many ways. Responsive to the community and student/staff/faculty needs. Supports personal and professional development. Fantastic benefits. Growing programs in technology & industry.

Cons

Doesn't pay a whole lot, but this is common in community colleges. Highly constrained by weak state budgets. Some hard feelings between classified staff & faculty.

Continue to focus on sustainability and students!

Okay place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at Everett Community College full-time for more than a year

Pros

Professional environment, strong personnel policies, nice co-workers

Cons

Some challenges related to type of work, i.e. classified vs. faculty

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good teaching experience.

Former Employee - Adjunct Professor  in  Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Adjunct Professor in Everett, WA

I worked at Everett Community College part-time for less than a year

Pros

The people I worked with in the department and the administration were helpful. The classroom was well-equipped, and the computers were arranged in a way that was conducive for group work.

Cons

The cons are the same as teaching for most any community college - unless you're in a high-demand subject (like math or English), your course load can be unpredictable. Also FT positions are few and far-between.

good and fun and educational

Former Employee - Office Assistance  in  Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Office Assistance in Everett, WA

I worked at Everett Community College as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

i like fact that i went to school and worked at the same place

Cons

No Cons as i just needed a place to work at while i got my education

no advice, liked my management

Great colleagues and a supportive administration make this school a rewarding place to teach.

Former Employee - Faculty  in  Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Faculty in Everett, WA

I worked at Everett Community College full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Administration is committed to innovation in teaching. Faculty are competent and really care about the students. Students come from a community that values sustainability, family and hard work.

Cons

As is true of any community college, the compensation is not enough.

I felt that upper management supported my initiatives, but I know that some of my colleagues did not. I do not think that the concerns of others were fairly and transparently addressed by upper management.

Close and be part of a growing community of business and education

Current Employee - Information Technology Specialist  in  Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Information Technology Specialist in Everett, WA

I have been working at Everett Community College

Pros

One reason I believe to work at Everett Community College is the distance from local businesses and growing suburban development. I do not need to travel from up north down to Redmond, Seattle, or Bellevue for a decent Information Technology job. With the rising gas prices, this is a big factor. We also feature right next to the college transit station, including connections to the Everett Train Station.

Also, the communities and businesses around Everett continue growing, including more and more job openings. This gives more options to the employee where we can work more with our employer. Small businesses also make up much of the region, allowing for better client relationships helping each other grow. Job Security seems to be better then private industry.

Cons

Downsides to working at the college and as a government worker, a political process is always part of the job, so priorities and scope of projects change frequently. Our salary is also on the low end of IT jobs compared to private industry, and our benefits may also not be the same as other companies. However the industry continues to change.

The college is sometimes considered lower standards compared to other high prestigious colleges or universities. However I think we make it up by providing low income or first time college students the chance to start their education and move towards a long term goals and careers.

Continue informing the lower tech positions, keeping everyone on same ground of communication. Plan for meetings where each other can share where they want to go, and how achieve the goals.

frustrating

I worked at Everett Community College

Pros

Good place to work, very modern
    Nice people

Cons

bureaucracy, lots of red tape, communication between departments is poor

communication between departments needs to improve

Let's just say I'm actively looking for another job, and I've been here for barely over a year.

I have been working at Everett Community College for more than a year

Pros

I don't have a long commute to work, which is a big factor in selecting an employer for me, especially with the rising price of gas. The grounds are nice.

Cons

The employees receive little to no respect from management and the administration. They are clearly not viewed as individuals or people, but as numbers on a board. I've never felt more like I was there simply to punch a card at any previous job. I left my last employer after nearly a decade of working for them to come to EVCC, because I was told over and over again how great the college was to work for. What a load of BS! All I ever hear from any of my coworkers is how much they hate administration. That's not a sign of a happy working environment.

Treat your employees more like people, or they're going to start abandoning ship.

Worked for Everett Community College? Contribute to the Community!