Everglades University

1. Happy Faculty!!

Current Employee - Full Time Faculty in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Full Time Faculty in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been teaching for Everglades University for 3 years and it's been the most rewarding experience of my academic career. The facility, team, and faculty resources are excellent. My students want to be here so it's a pleasure to teach them. Can't say enough good things about the school. The President and Administration are great people, have enjoyed seeing the University grow during the past 3 years.

Cons

We have one annual faculty convocation and I would love to see that expanded to twice a year.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, it's been a great experience to be a part of the University's team!

2. School spirit!!!

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at Everglades University for several years and have seen amazing things happen. The culture is about doing the right thing for our students and the President is constantly reiterating customer service and ensuring student calls are always returned promptly. I have never seen such a strong focus on listening to and taking care of the students at a university which is amazing. The University has a great reputation and has received many awards. The programs we offer are innovative and cutting edge, it's been a very cool place to work.

Cons

Its so sad to me that social media is used as a personal platform for a few spiteful ex-employees who maybe weren't a good fit and obviously have no regard for the students. This is a great University with a good team!!

Advice to Management

Keep up them good work! Our team Is committed to our students! And the culture starts at the top!

3. I love Everglades University

Current Employee - Academic Advisor in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Academic Advisor in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

EU cares about their campuses and they are beautiful. I complained about my computer and got a new one within 2 weeks!

Cons

The work keeps me busy but at least I don't watch the clock! I look up and the day is over. As we grow we do add more people.

Advice to Management

Keep the negative naysayers away. The only people they harm are their students. We are proud to be here and we do the right thing for students.

5. Admissions

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere, I love my team. I have my own office and get to work with students every day which is fun. We have innovative programs and I have learned a lot. My manager is great and overall have no complaints. Looking forward to growing with the University.

Cons

Social media can allow the worst employees a voice when they were bad not the company. This is a great school!

Advice to Management

I am excited about the Univeristy expanding into other cities so I can advance my career!

6. Student

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a University where I had received my Bachelors Degree in Alternative & Renewable Energy Management. For some reason I can not get pass this without having to fill this out to upload my resume.

Cons

It is a University, good school

7. Happy to be working in a great place!

Current Employee - Team Member in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Team Member in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful facility, close parking, they always buy us lunch and snacks, my supervisor cares about me and the students! The faculty are always ready to assist students and are so involved with the university.

Cons

It can get hectic for the fall semester but once over the holidays are always so much fun with the staff and students.

Advice to Management

Please keep the negative people away form a great team, they bring everyone else down. They don't want to contribute.

8. Positive Reviews are FAKE!!

Former Employee - Registrar in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Registrar in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time

Pros

The day you quit is one of the best days of your life.... really, it's like being reborn.

Cons

Like one of the reviews said, there are A LOT (because the turnover is insane) of spiteful ex-employees that weren't a good fit - this is because these talented and idealistic employees have gone elsewhere to jobs where such skills are appreciated. However, these negative reviews are written because people need to know what they're getting into. You will have no life, no respect from your managers and will be helping make the school money by any means necessary. It is NOT about helping students at all. It's disgusting business practices that need to be showcased so they can be STOPPED.

Advice to Management

Stop working with people. Find a job that doesn't require human interaction.

9. PANTS on fire!

Former Employee - Staff in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Staff in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like to be lied to all the time, then this is the place for you. The disrespect and lies start at your interview.

Cons

You will be lied to and treated like crap from the moment you are hired. You will be expected to do unethical things like make up fake documents for accreditation. The fun doesn't stop there, nope. All employees are forced to make admission calls EVERY DAY! You have quotas to fulfil - sometimes 40 or 75 calls a day. Every employee is required to "adjust" their schedules frequently, which means you will be expected to work over 55 hours a week. And this is what happened when I worked there - A co-worker was told at hiring that she would be able to take a pre-planned vacation. Two months before the approved time, she made sure to get it approved again. Then a week before the vacation, she was told NO, you have to work! This place is just plain misery. I am still in touch with people who work there and I was asked to write an honest review because they were upset that EU's marketing department was posting fake positive reviews. Like another reviewer said, IGNORE THE FAKE. POSITIVES!

Advice to Management

Yes, I agree with other honest reviewers, management DOES NOT care. Why bother, do not work here or go to school here if you can avoid it.

The positive reviews on here are fake. FAKE, I tell you.

Former Employee - Academic Administrator/Faculty Member in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Academic Administrator/Faculty Member in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The cons outweigh the pros so much that there isn't much point in listing any. The location is convenient and there is a cool banyan tree in the parking lot. If you have no regard for the current state of the national post-secondary education system AND you have ethics with no boundaries when it comes to cheating students out of their future earnings, then this might be a great place for you.

Cons

The school is run by greedy, socoipathic, paranoid control freaks who will do everything they can to make you push the boundaries of your ethics to their limits... and beyond. There is nothing, NOTHING more important to them than getting the next enrollment. Please be aware that the positive reviews on here are FAKE. I worked there for nearly a decade and can assure you that the negative reviews are completely honest... and not those of people with poor work ethic, as stated in one of the positive reviews. Ignore the false positives! Run away as fast as you can.

Advice to Management

There is no way the managers would heed any advice provided, so there is no point in providing any. They will not change. It is my sincere hope that SACS does not continue this schools accreditation. Though, I feel bad for the students who will be hurt by the loss... it's better for the futures of many more if Everglades is not regionally accredited.

11. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University (More than a year)

Pros

Great team! Small Univeristy feels like a family. Students are very committed and we all know them by name. Kristi Mollis the President has an open door policy and it allows our students access to all departments whenever needed. Very nice facility and overall a great place to work.

Cons

Must be flexible with your schedule as classes run day, evenings and weekends.

Advice to Management

Nothing really, nice experience and great people!

RSS Feed </> Embed