Everglades University

Updated October 6, 2014
2.4

Kristi L. Mollis

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

EU has innovative programs and caring staff and faculty.

Current Employee - Academics in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Academics in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I was in a job that was unfulfilling and I got a call from EU and was asked to help create a program in healthcare. Since that day my life has truly blossomed. I am blessed with a fulfilling and rewarding profession that has turned into a "calling" of sorts. Those very few folks who speak negatively about this school and its programs were probably only looking for a job and a paycheck. If they would have truly taken the time to know this school they would have discovered the following:

EU offers innovative programs that are new to education. The research has shown that these programs are in emerging fields of study that have high employment and earning potential and that help to make this world a better place!
    EU has graduated students who have successful careers in fields that they have dreamt about their whole lives.
    EU has a higher than average graduation rate and employment rate.
    EU is highly regarded in the academic world.
    EU faculty have academic, experiential, and soft skill preparation that rivals any similar school of its kind. EU’s faculty have longevity with the University and are among the happiest employees for over a decade.

I have received more thank you messages from students, staff, and faculty than any one person should be afforded! The reason is that EU changes lives and helps people reach their potential. If you want to be a part of this successful University and help offer the world an alternative to the same old, same old programs, come and see us. If you are a negative person looking for an easy job with no personal investment or commitment to our students, you need not apply.

Cons

The challenge of working at this University is that you have to care about more than yourself. You must care about the students, the staff you work with, and the environment. We need folks that want to help make the world a better place.

Please continue to study and add the programs that truly matter to our future. This means everything to those of us who want to be a part of something important, significant, and transformative… Great job EU, I’m proud to be here each and every day of the more than 10 years if have been associated with you!

Everglades University has a phenomenal team!

Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some of the most dedicated faculty and staff I have ever had the pleasure to work with! Beautiful campuses and cutting edge programs with high graduate and placement rates. Competitive salaries and benefits and a very rewarding career. Holiday schedule follows traditional academic year. Great opportunity for advancement as the University is growing and opening more campuses!

Cons

Fast pace, strong student focus they do come first!

Love my job!

I love working at EU! Great people, great faculty and great students.

Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Univeristy cares about it's students. I have seen that first hand and the student satisfaction rate is very high! The University is beautiful and the team is great.

Cons

You have to work and if you don't truly care about the students and a high level of customer service you won't last.

Keep doing what you are doing! It's working!

Worst job I've ever had

Former Employee - Administrative in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Administrative in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay of you're allowed to work overtime... Don't make them mad or they'll take it away from you...

Cons

Management is horrific and blatantly unprofessional. Ridiculously high turnover (not just sales either but like deans, Vice Presidents, department chairs... Just walking out). I've worked at gas stations with more professional and smarter managers. You don't need to be a hard worker to succeed here. You need to have your spine removed, care nothing for the students and the fact that you're giving them almost 100k worth of debt, be completely devoid of your own personality, not ever want to see your family again and enjoy bending over backwards for people that don't appreciate it. If that's you then you'll do just fine here.

Retire and stop working and interacting with human beings in general.

horrible

Former Employee - Campus Admissions in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Campus Admissions in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

to have your own office

Cons

managment changes a lot nothing is consistent

fie the president

MAY GOD FORGIVE ME!!!

Former Employee - Admission Counselor in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Admission Counselor in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no Pros! DO NOT ENROLL AND DO NOT APPLY!!!

Cons

I have worked for this company for over a year as an Admissions Counselor. I have had to do some of the most demeaning, deceitful things just to enroll students. I have lied about the benefits of the programs. Promised them job opportunities for such off the wall programs such as Alternative Medicine or Alternative and Renewable energy. Lets get real! You have people with Accounting and engineering degrees that can't get a job and you think these prospective students will get a job with these degrees! GET REAL! Upon approval of management I was directed to tell a student to ENROLL OR ELSE. This is a Heavy Sales position. Understand that! With that being said, no one wants to enroll to an unknown school for $8000.00 a semester for undergrad for approximately 11 semesters. That's almost $90,000.00 just for a bachelors degree. INSANE!!!!!!! when well known community colleges cost 1/4th of that price. This school has no amenities. No Gym, no clubs no job opportunities. The classes are 1 month long. Imagine what you have learned in a class that you have taken all semester and condense that into 1 month. Now think quality of learning and retaining that material. Yeah Right!!! My job was to threaten students to enroll, If not I would have been fired. The president Kristi Mollis and her subordinates threaten your job on a daily basis. They call you,email you and text you several times daily while you are making calls and with prospective students wanting to now if you have found another sucker! and wanted constant reports daily. This seriously slows down your daily progress of finding said sucker! The stress and fear you have on a daily basis of losing the job will erode you inside in ways you can only imagine in NIGHTMARES!!. I have deceived students to enroll just to keep a job. I HOPE GOD CAN FORGIVE ME as these students will be in debt up to their ears with a degree which is virtually useless, unless you run out of toilet paper at home. If some part of you is looking for a job at Everglades University and you see this message. I hope you take this seriously. If i had a chance to speak to someone who was looking to get hired at Everglades University, I would tell them that not only is it better for them not to have a job, but that it would be better for them if they walked blindfolded, in reverse, into oncoming traffic!

I pray GOD has mercy on your souls!!

RUN AWAY - They don't deserve any stars

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None! they don't pay, they scream at you and they don't train.

Cons

you name it it's a con!

TAKE SOME OF THE CLASSES YOU OFFER AND GET A NEW CAREER - They do not train on anything. They will throw you to the wolves, and I didn't work in admissions. They scream at you in front of others all the time. They all think they are above others because they have degrees, however the degrees are from their own university. LAME! I had a higher degree than most of them and I was treated like garbage. They don't pay OT, they pay half time (illegal). You are required to attend events with students including an all day weekend graduation, however you are not paid to do so. Some positions (including mine) are required to work nights and weekends with out pay. They treat their students like walking credit cards, they need to pay ridiculous fees up front and if they don't pay, they will drop them out of school. Terrible people, I cannot believe they are still in business and the government hasn't come in and shut them down. Trust me, it's coming.

Is is possible to put 0 stars???

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time

Pros

This job is only good to use as a resume builder, if you need the experience stick it out for as long as you can tolerate, then use this experience to get a professional job that value their employees. My cons will explain why...

Cons

-Very poorly managed, Corporate is located within an actual Campus and they mainly operate on the word called pride. Being on campus, they torture their employees all day, and I mean they literally have offices in the mix of campus employees and actually work amoungst them as if they are wanted there.
    -Corporate people treat and talk to you as if you are not human beings, no respect is given. They are not professionals at all!
    -They need much help in their training dept. as they do not properly train you, but yet expect perfection and slam you when you make a mistake.
    -There is a revolving door for certain positions, at some point they need to realize that the problem can't always be everyone else.
    -Many are secretly dying to get out of there but are stuck b/c they have began taking classes and will have to refund all of their tuition reimburstment (which is like ($80K) if they quit within a certain time frame. Do not attend school there!
    -Make sure you get a job before quitting there and tell the prospective employer not to contact your current one due to conflict of intesrest. Reson being, they will not give you a good reference just b/c you are quitting them. Again, Did I mention how disrespectful, unprofessional & prideful their Corporate team is?

-If there is a revolving door for certain positions, realize that the problem can't always be everyone else.
    -Stop the unrealistic expectations- if you Provide excellent training then you will produce excellent workers!
    -Stop talking to people like they are children, we are all adults here!