Everglades University

Kristi L. Mollis

1. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University (More than a year)

Pros

Great team! Small Univeristy feels like a family. Students are very committed and we all know them by name. Kristi Mollis the President has an open door policy and it allows our students access to all departments whenever needed. Very nice facility and overall a great place to work.

Cons

Must be flexible with your schedule as classes run day, evenings and weekends.

Advice to Management

Nothing really, nice experience and great people!

Cheap, Greedy, Horrible

Former Employee - Staff in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Staff in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not much good here. The best about this place is when you finally are able to resign when you find your next job. You will be so relieved and appreciate a normal environment again. That happiness that I have now is wonderful.

Cons

Where to start? This is a greedy, horrible business first before it is a school. They do not care about students. They cut corners on everything to increase their bonuses and profits. Working here was just a horrible experience that has left me scarred. When I resigned, they magically offered me more money, which they insisted that they didn't have before I resigned. Beware, you can NEVER use this place as a reference! You cannot tell them where your next position is because they will actually call them and bad mouth you. Very unprofessional and maddening environment. If you can STAY away! You have been warned! Oh and yes all of the 'positive' reviews were created by their marketing department, obviously.

Advice to Management

Shame on you for ripping off naive students and for treating your employees like dirt. Your lying, cheating and manipulation will come back to haunt you eventually. May God have mercy on your pathetic souls.

The positive reviews on here are fake. FAKE, I tell you.

Former Employee - Academic Administrator/Faculty Member in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Academic Administrator/Faculty Member in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The cons outweigh the pros so much that there isn't much point in listing any. The location is convenient and there is a cool banyan tree in the parking lot. If you have no regard for the current state of the national post-secondary education system AND you have ethics with no boundaries when it comes to cheating students out of their future earnings, then this might be a great place for you.

Cons

The school is run by greedy, socoipathic, paranoid control freaks who will do everything they can to make you push the boundaries of your ethics to their limits... and beyond. There is nothing, NOTHING more important to them than getting the next enrollment. Please be aware that the positive reviews on here are FAKE. I worked there for nearly a decade and can assure you that the negative reviews are completely honest... and not those of people with poor work ethic, as stated in one of the positive reviews. Ignore the false positives! Run away as fast as you can.

Advice to Management

There is no way the managers would heed any advice provided, so there is no point in providing any. They will not change. It is my sincere hope that SACS does not continue this schools accreditation. Though, I feel bad for the students who will be hurt by the loss... it's better for the futures of many more if Everglades is not regionally accredited.

5. Great University to work form!

Current Employee - Associate Dean in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Associate Dean in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everglades University is a small personalized University where the opportunity to grow and learn is abundant. President Kristi Mollis is a true leader who inspires our team to be creative and operate with integrity and our students in kind! I've grown professionally during my tenure at EU. You will love the team atmosphere.

Cons

Fast pace so you have to work. The negative posts are from a few employees who did not have a good work ethic and really didn't care about our students!

Advice to Management

Keep growing as it creates advance opportunities.

The worst experience of my professional career.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Had a nice starting salary and was close to residency. The campus is in a nice location.

Cons

This is the worst company to work for. Please save yourself the weeks or months it will take to figure this out. Worst turnover rate (my position has had at least 3 people since). Staff are miserable, terrible benefits, zero professionalism and ethics. One of them works at my current employer and another was a interview candidate. Both had the same awful experience with the Boca Raton campus.

Advice to Management

Kristi Mollis shouldn't be in leadership, let alone a President of any institution. She has no regard for her employees and the staff that have been there longer than 3 years only stay due to fear and bribing.

Many of the reviews are fake and just damage control.

Former Employee - Faculty in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Faculty in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Everglades University

Pros

You can get some good experience here and they promote from within a lot. The staff and faculty are good people.

Cons

Benefits are minimum and the management is off putting. VERY HIGH TURNOVER, unbelievably so.

Advice to Management

Spend more for the students and let a little trickle down to the employees and maybe people would stay longer.

The Positive reviews are FAKES

I worked at Everglades University

Pros

Nothing positive about working here!

Cons

The president must have some dirt on the Board Members, I don't understand why they have not fired her. When all of your staff quits ( Deans, Directors, VPs, etc..) then MANAGEMENT is the problem! Don't believe the FAKE reviews. This is the worse place to work. I absolutely dreaded working there!

Advice to Management

Fire Kristi Mollis!

9. Innovative Education, Friendly Culture, Caring Staff and Faculty, Beautiful Office Environment

Current Employee - Vice President in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you want to go to work and feel fufilled every day knowing that you have helped change someone's life then Everglades University is the place for you! The staff and faculty really care about helping students achieve their full potential and it shows! We offer Innovative Programs and it is excting to be on the cutting edge of education. Exceptional co-workers, a beautiful office setting, competetive salary and benefits complete the package.

Cons

There is never a dull moment on a college campus - which I really enjoy.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all you do to support our campus, students, faculty and staff.

10. Growth Opportunities for hard workers in Sarasota

Current Employee - Admission Counselor in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Admission Counselor in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sarasota is a hard market to find a truly professional job but Everglades University is a good place if you are a hard worker. I have been promoted twice in 4 years - have fully covered insurance benefits and enjoy my work with the students. This is a campus where most of the administration has been promoted from within. I really enjoy working with students that want to make a change in their lives. Our work schedules are build around what is best for working students. I knew when I started that this would not be a 9 to 5 job but I have never been asked to work Sunday and have always been able to take time off when I needed it. I have been offered opportunities with other companies since starting at Everglades but I am glad that I have stayed where I am.

Cons

This is a young school that is working hard to build its campuses and there may be stress in working toward that goal but any professional knows you have to work hard to get good results.

11. Fast & Innovative Organization to work for...

Current Employee - Financial Aid Administrator in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Aid Administrator in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Everglades University gives employee the opportunity to learn, train and grow within the organization. If you are willing to put forth the effort of learning, hard work and have a passion to help students change their lives. This is the place to work for. It’s a University that you can grow and be successful in your career. Dynamic faculty and staff.. The University offers sophisticated programs that are design to meet the needs of today’s demanding market.
    “Change your thoughts and you change your world”.
    by Norman Vincent Peale.

Cons

It would me nice to have more options on health benefits

Advice to Management

Great place to work for; lots of training and support from upper management.

RSS Feed </> Embed