Everglades University

Updated November 21, 2014
Updated November 21, 2014
3.3

Kristi L. Mollis

Innovative Education, Friendly Culture, Caring Staff and Faculty, Beautiful Office Environment

Current Employee - Vice President in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you want to go to work and feel fufilled every day knowing that you have helped change someone's life then Everglades University is the place for you! The staff and faculty really care about helping students achieve their full potential and it shows! We offer Innovative Programs and it is excting to be on the cutting edge of education. Exceptional co-workers, a beautiful office setting, competetive salary and benefits complete the package.

Cons

There is never a dull moment on a college campus - which I really enjoy.

Thank you for all you do to support our campus, students, faculty and staff.

Fast & Innovative Organization to work for...

Current Employee - Financial Aid Administrator in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Aid Administrator in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Everglades University gives employee the opportunity to learn, train and grow within the organization. If you are willing to put forth the effort of learning, hard work and have a passion to help students change their lives. This is the place to work for. It’s a University that you can grow and be successful in your career. Dynamic faculty and staff.. The University offers sophisticated programs that are design to meet the needs of today’s demanding market.
    “Change your thoughts and you change your world”.
    by Norman Vincent Peale.

Cons

It would me nice to have more options on health benefits

Great place to work for; lots of training and support from upper management.

"Excellent University and great place to work! Best college I've ever worked with!"

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been workig with Everglades Univeristy for over three years and love my job. The company has affored me with the ability to grow and I have been promoted into a management position during my tenure. The University is an exciting place to work as we have innovative programs which continue to expand, cool projects like the solar lab at the Sarasota Campus and additional new campuses in Orlando and Tampa. The President/CEO Kristi Mollis is a tremendous leader and walks the walk and truly cares about her team and our students, her door is always open. I have enjoyed working with her and the management team. It's rare to see a University President in the day to day operations regularly listening and working wiht the team, and I know as I have worked at other colleges. I enjoy working with our students and it's great to hear about the exciting jobs our graduates are getting! Overall working at Everglades University has been the best experience of my career so far!

Cons

Nothing really. The University is growing, there are career advancement opportunities, good overall benefits and 401K w/match, tremendous opportunity for growth if you want to expand your career and work for it!

I would like to compliment the management and thank them for giving me the opportunity to grow, learn and continue to advance! What more could you want out of a job! Keep up the good work for both the students as well as our employees!

EU has innovative programs and caring staff and faculty.

Current Employee - Academics in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Academics in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I was in a job that was unfulfilling and I got a call from EU and was asked to help create a program in healthcare. Since that day my life has truly blossomed. I am blessed with a fulfilling and rewarding profession that has turned into a "calling" of sorts. Those very few folks who speak negatively about this school and its programs were probably only looking for a job and a paycheck. If they would have truly taken the time to know this school they would have discovered the following:

EU offers innovative programs that are new to education. The research has shown that these programs are in emerging fields of study that have high employment and earning potential and that help to make this world a better place!
    EU has graduated students who have successful careers in fields that they have dreamt about their whole lives.
    EU has a higher than average graduation rate and employment rate.
    EU is highly regarded in the academic world.
    EU faculty have academic, experiential, and soft skill preparation that rivals any similar school of its kind. EU’s faculty have longevity with the University and are among the happiest employees for over a decade.

I have received more thank you messages from students, staff, and faculty than any one person should be afforded! The reason is that EU changes lives and helps people reach their potential. If you want to be a part of this successful University and help offer the world an alternative to the same old, same old programs, come and see us. If you are a negative person looking for an easy job with no personal investment or commitment to our students, you need not apply.

Cons

The challenge of working at this University is that you have to care about more than yourself. You must care about the students, the staff you work with, and the environment. We need folks that want to help make the world a better place.

Please continue to study and add the programs that truly matter to our future. This means everything to those of us who want to be a part of something important, significant, and transformative… Great job EU, I’m proud to be here each and every day of the more than 10 years if have been associated with you!

Everglades University has a phenomenal team!

Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some of the most dedicated faculty and staff I have ever had the pleasure to work with! Beautiful campuses and cutting edge programs with high graduate and placement rates. Competitive salaries and benefits and a very rewarding career. Holiday schedule follows traditional academic year. Great opportunity for advancement as the University is growing and opening more campuses!

Cons

Fast pace, strong student focus they do come first!

Love my job!

I love working at EU! Great people, great faculty and great students.

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Univeristy cares about it's students. I have seen that first hand and the student satisfaction rate is very high! The University is beautiful and the team is great.

Cons

You have to work and if you don't truly care about the students and a high level of customer service you won't last.

Keep doing what you are doing! It's working!

Growth Opportunities for hard workers in Sarasota

Current Employee - Admission Counselor in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Admission Counselor in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sarasota is a hard market to find a truly professional job but Everglades University is a good place if you are a hard worker. I have been promoted twice in 4 years - have fully covered insurance benefits and enjoy my work with the students. This is a campus where most of the administration has been promoted from within. I really enjoy working with students that want to make a change in their lives. Our work schedules are build around what is best for working students. I knew when I started that this would not be a 9 to 5 job but I have never been asked to work Sunday and have always been able to take time off when I needed it. I have been offered opportunities with other companies since starting at Everglades but I am glad that I have stayed where I am.

Cons

This is a young school that is working hard to build its campuses and there may be stress in working toward that goal but any professional knows you have to work hard to get good results.

Everglades University has a great team and work ethic.

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working at Everglades University full-time for more than 6 years. Great opportunity for advancement, good benefits, unique programs, dedicated faculty and staff

Cons

Not much to say here, I really enjoy my time at EU.

I have been with Everglades University going on Five Years and I have enjoyed the Teamwork!

Current Employee - Administrative Support in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative Support in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working at Everglades University has many rewards, the best reward for me is making a difference in the lives of our students. I believe in Education, and the students who attend her have the best Instructors at their fingertips. The Staff always has an Open Door Policy. We work as a Team, this is what makes working here wonderful to me!

Cons

The only challenge of working here for me has been seeing our students Graduate and move on. We have touched their lives and they have touched ours, my heart breaks seeing them go....

I have no advice for the Upper Management, except thank for having me be apart of the EU Team!

Excellent people to work with

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

In my years at Everglades University, I have had the absolute pleasure of working with some of the most talented faculty and staff I could ever hope to meet. There is an overall atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration; everyone is always willing to spend time to give helpful advice or train you on a new skill.

Cons

There is a tendency to focus on immediate concerns rather than long-range planning.