Everglades University

Kristi L. Mollis

Worst job I've ever had

Former Employee - Administrative  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Administrative in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

Decent pay of you're allowed to work overtime... Don't make them mad or they'll take it away from you...

Cons

Management is horrific and blatantly unprofessional. Ridiculously high turnover (not just sales either but like deans, Vice Presidents, department chairs... Just walking out). I've worked at gas stations with more professional and smarter managers. You don't need to be a hard worker to succeed here. You need to have your spine removed, care nothing for the students and the fact that you're giving them almost 100k worth of debt, be completely devoid of your own personality, not ever want to see your family again and enjoy bending over backwards for people that don't appreciate it. If that's you then you'll do just fine here.

Retire and stop working and interacting with human beings in general.

RUN!!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Decent pay. It's a job. Experience only. If you are looking to build your resume deal with it as long as you can.

Cons

Horrible unprofessional rude disrespectful management. Seeta needs personal and professional help. Most evil unprofessional person I've encountered. This place cares NOTHING about employees. If you have morals and don't tolerate disrespect this is not the place for you.

Replace them all.

horrible

Former Employee - Campus Admissions  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Campus Admissions in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

to have your own office

Cons

managment changes a lot nothing is consistent

fie the president

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

MAY GOD FORGIVE ME!!!

Former Employee - Admission Counselor  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Admission Counselor in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

There are no Pros! DO NOT ENROLL AND DO NOT APPLY!!!

Cons

I have worked for this company for over a year as an Admissions Counselor. I have had to do some of the most demeaning, deceitful things just to enroll students. I have lied about the benefits of the programs. Promised them job opportunities for such off the wall programs such as Alternative Medicine or Alternative and Renewable energy. Lets get real! You have people with Accounting and engineering degrees that can't get a job and you think these prospective students will get a job with these degrees! GET REAL! Upon approval of management I was directed to tell a student to ENROLL OR ELSE. This is a Heavy Sales position. Understand that! With that being said, no one wants to enroll to an unknown school for $8000.00 a semester for undergrad for approximately 11 semesters. That's almost $90,000.00 just for a bachelors degree. INSANE!!!!!!! when well known community colleges cost 1/4th of that price. This school has no amenities. No Gym, no clubs no job opportunities. The classes are 1 month long. Imagine what you have learned in a class that you have taken all semester and condense that into 1 month. Now think quality of learning and retaining that material. Yeah Right!!! My job was to threaten students to enroll, If not I would have been fired. The president Kristi Mollis and her subordinates threaten your job on a daily basis. They call you,email you and text you several times daily while you are making calls and with prospective students wanting to now if you have found another sucker! and wanted constant reports daily. This seriously slows down your daily progress of finding said sucker! The stress and fear you have on a daily basis of losing the job will erode you inside in ways you can only imagine in NIGHTMARES!!. I have deceived students to enroll just to keep a job. I HOPE GOD CAN FORGIVE ME as these students will be in debt up to their ears with a degree which is virtually useless, unless you run out of toilet paper at home. If some part of you is looking for a job at Everglades University and you see this message. I hope you take this seriously. If i had a chance to speak to someone who was looking to get hired at Everglades University, I would tell them that not only is it better for them not to have a job, but that it would be better for them if they walked blindfolded, in reverse, into oncoming traffic!

I pray GOD has mercy on your souls!!

quag·mire
    ˈkwagˌmīr
    noun
    a soft boggy area of land that gives way underfoot

Pros

Working with great people who are passionate about what they do. (Definitely not upper management). Helping students begin towards dreams.

Cons

As the definition states above, a "quagmire"! Promises were made during initial interviews that simply just gave way underfoot. High turnover, poor work-life balance and upper management that is completely indifferent to the needs of their employees. Very high tuitions that increase annually, leaving graduating students with very high debt in the six figures. Military candidates recieve no military assistance that is substantial, and this is from a school that says that it is military friendly. No discounts for Military service which lead to Military student needing to exhaust benefits which results in the need for the use of loans to pay the extremely high tuition. Tuition is approximately $20K more than the average online Bachelor's degree. Just not a good scenario for students. Also no real growth potential as well.

Start caring about your employees and offer them the training needed to grow within the organization.

RUN AWAY - They don't deserve any stars

Former Employee - Corporate Employee  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

None! they don't pay, they scream at you and they don't train.

Cons

you name it it's a con!

TAKE SOME OF THE CLASSES YOU OFFER AND GET A NEW CAREER - They do not train on anything. They will throw you to the wolves, and I didn't work in admissions. They scream at you in front of others all the time. They all think they are above others because they have degrees, however the degrees are from their own university. LAME! I had a higher degree than most of them and I was treated like garbage. They don't pay OT, they pay half time (illegal). You are required to attend events with students including an all day weekend graduation, however you are not paid to do so. Some positions (including mine) are required to work nights and weekends with out pay. They treat their students like walking credit cards, they need to pay ridiculous fees up front and if they don't pay, they will drop them out of school. Terrible people, I cannot believe they are still in business and the government hasn't come in and shut them down. Trust me, it's coming.

Is is possible to put 0 stars???

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

This job is only good to use as a resume builder, if you need the experience stick it out for as long as you can tolerate, then use this experience to get a professional job that value their employees. My cons will explain why...

Cons

-Very poorly managed, Corporate is located within an actual Campus and they mainly operate on the word called pride. Being on campus, they torture their employees all day, and I mean they literally have offices in the mix of campus employees and actually work amoungst them as if they are wanted there.
    -Corporate people treat and talk to you as if you are not human beings, no respect is given. They are not professionals at all!
    -They need much help in their training dept. as they do not properly train you, but yet expect perfection and slam you when you make a mistake.
    -There is a revolving door for certain positions, at some point they need to realize that the problem can't always be everyone else.
    -Many are secretly dying to get out of there but are stuck b/c they have began taking classes and will have to refund all of their tuition reimburstment (which is like ($80K) if they quit within a certain time frame. Do not attend school there!
    -Make sure you get a job before quitting there and tell the prospective employer not to contact your current one due to conflict of intesrest. Reson being, they will not give you a good reference just b/c you are quitting them. Again, Did I mention how disrespectful, unprofessional & prideful their Corporate team is?

-If there is a revolving door for certain positions, realize that the problem can't always be everyone else.
    -Stop the unrealistic expectations- if you Provide excellent training then you will produce excellent workers!
    -Stop talking to people like they are children, we are all adults here!

If I can find something nice to say, I'll say it, but don't count on it.

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor

Pros

The money isn't bad, but other schools pay more. They have benefits, but my guess is that no one actually stays long enough to receive them, especially in admissions.

Cons

Awful management. Really bad attitudes -- everyone is secretly looking for another job. And admissions is tough because no one really actually wants to pay over 70k to go to that crappy school. The marketing is awful and the sales team - that's admissions - takes the heat for it. This is undoubtedly the worst work atmosphere I've ever worked in.

Get another job. I'm shocked you haven't been fired, because every job position there is a revolving door. It's not because no one can "handle" the job -- it's because no one wants to deal with how you treat them.

Sales

Pros

Good pay but long hours

Cons

Fire often never secure in your position

none

great

Current Employee - Admission Counselor  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Admission Counselor in Orlando, FL

Pros

benefits good place to start

Cons

sales stress and hard to meet quotas

need more leads

Worked for Everglades University? Contribute to the Community!