Everglades University

Employment Status

Reset
4.0
Kristi L. Mollis

1. Positive Reviews are FAKE!!

Former Employee - Registrar in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Registrar in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time

Pros

The day you quit is one of the best days of your life.... really, it's like being reborn.

Cons

Like one of the reviews said, there are A LOT (because the turnover is insane) of spiteful ex-employees that weren't a good fit - this is because these talented and idealistic employees have gone elsewhere to jobs where such skills are appreciated. However, these negative reviews are written because people need to know what they're getting into. You will have no life, no respect from your managers and will be helping make the school money by any means necessary. It is NOT about helping students at all. It's disgusting business practices that need to be showcased so they can be STOPPED.

Advice to Management

Stop working with people. Find a job that doesn't require human interaction.

2. School spirit!!!

Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at Everglades University for several years and have seen amazing things happen. The culture is about doing the right thing for our students and the President is constantly reiterating customer service and ensuring student calls are always returned promptly. I have never seen such a strong focus on listening to and taking care of the students at a university which is amazing. The University has a great reputation and has received many awards. The programs we offer are innovative and cutting edge, it's been a very cool place to work.

Cons

Its so sad to me that social media is used as a personal platform for a few spiteful ex-employees who maybe weren't a good fit and obviously have no regard for the students. This is a great University with a good team!!

Advice to Management

Keep up them good work! Our team Is committed to our students! And the culture starts at the top!

3. Not the most encouraging place to work.

I worked at Everglades University full-time

Pros

There are some great instructors and students. The facility is very nice. The location in Boca Raton is convenient and surrounded by good companies.

Cons

Leadership is controlling and manipulative rather than guiding and encouraging. There is no mentoring spirit there at all. They do all they can to fabricate wrongdoing on the part of employees so they can "write them up" and therefore justify not giving any significant increases in salary. Impossible working hours for low salary.

Advice to Management

Stop the knee-jerk reactions. Treat employees with respect and kindness. Mentor.

5. Happy Faculty!!

Current Employee - Full Time Faculty in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Full Time Faculty in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been teaching for Everglades University for 3 years and it's been the most rewarding experience of my academic career. The facility, team, and faculty resources are excellent. My students want to be here so it's a pleasure to teach them. Can't say enough good things about the school. The President and Administration are great people, have enjoyed seeing the University grow during the past 3 years.

Cons

We have one annual faculty convocation and I would love to see that expanded to twice a year.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, it's been a great experience to be a part of the University's team!

6. Decent Salary, Benefits, And Hours

Pros

Flexibility in scheduling, great medical benefits, short distance from my physical address.

Cons

I must enter five words for cons.

Advice to Management

None

7. I love Everglades University

Current Employee - Academic Advisor in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Academic Advisor in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

EU cares about their campuses and they are beautiful. I complained about my computer and got a new one within 2 weeks!

Cons

The work keeps me busy but at least I don't watch the clock! I look up and the day is over. As we grow we do add more people.

Advice to Management

Keep the negative naysayers away. The only people they harm are their students. We are proud to be here and we do the right thing for students.

8. Boca Ground campus RULES

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Everglades University full-time

Pros

I have been with Admissions for almost 6 years and feel that I have changed so many lives. The Boca ground campus has grown tremendously over the past year because we truly implement "students first" philosophy in every department! There is nothing more rewarding then meeting with students, assisting them through the process, and the continued relationships you have with them while they are here and post-graduation

Cons

It is not easy to be on the forefront of a growing university so if you are NOT determined, motivated, and willing to be part of the growth then this is not a good fit. This is only a con if you do not like to work.

Advice to Management

The Boca Ground campus has the best managers! We all support one another and work as a team! Your VP sets the tone and ours, Dr. Arlette apetersson, is one of the best I have ever worked for; she carries herself with the upmost professionalism and respect so you only want to work harder. She knows how to deliver a message and provides the support for us to get our jobs done!

9. Admissions

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere, I love my team. I have my own office and get to work with students every day which is fun. We have innovative programs and I have learned a lot. My manager is great and overall have no complaints. Looking forward to growing with the University.

Cons

Social media can allow the worst employees a voice when they were bad not the company. This is a great school!

Advice to Management

I am excited about the Univeristy expanding into other cities so I can advance my career!

10. Student

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a University where I had received my Bachelors Degree in Alternative & Renewable Energy Management. For some reason I can not get pass this without having to fill this out to upload my resume.

Cons

It is a University, good school

11. Happy to be working in a great place!

Current Employee - Team Member in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Team Member in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful facility, close parking, they always buy us lunch and snacks, my supervisor cares about me and the students! The faculty are always ready to assist students and are so involved with the university.

Cons

It can get hectic for the fall semester but once over the holidays are always so much fun with the staff and students.

Advice to Management

Please keep the negative people away form a great team, they bring everyone else down. They don't want to contribute.

RSS Feed </> Embed