Everglades University

3 reviews filtered by
  • Sarasota, FL
4.1
Kristi L. Mollis

1. Innovative Education, Friendly Culture, Caring Staff and Faculty, Beautiful Office Environment

Current Employee - Vice President in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you want to go to work and feel fufilled every day knowing that you have helped change someone's life then Everglades University is the place for you! The staff and faculty really care about helping students achieve their full potential and it shows! We offer Innovative Programs and it is excting to be on the cutting edge of education. Exceptional co-workers, a beautiful office setting, competetive salary and benefits complete the package.

Cons

There is never a dull moment on a college campus - which I really enjoy.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all you do to support our campus, students, faculty and staff.

2. Many of the reviews are fake and just damage control.

Former Employee - Faculty in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Faculty in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Everglades University

Pros

You can get some good experience here and they promote from within a lot. The staff and faculty are good people.

Cons

Benefits are minimum and the management is off putting. VERY HIGH TURNOVER, unbelievably so.

Advice to Management

Spend more for the students and let a little trickle down to the employees and maybe people would stay longer.

3. Growth Opportunities for hard workers in Sarasota

Current Employee - Admission Counselor in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Admission Counselor in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sarasota is a hard market to find a truly professional job but Everglades University is a good place if you are a hard worker. I have been promoted twice in 4 years - have fully covered insurance benefits and enjoy my work with the students. This is a campus where most of the administration has been promoted from within. I really enjoy working with students that want to make a change in their lives. Our work schedules are build around what is best for working students. I knew when I started that this would not be a 9 to 5 job but I have never been asked to work Sunday and have always been able to take time off when I needed it. I have been offered opportunities with other companies since starting at Everglades but I am glad that I have stayed where I am.

Cons

This is a young school that is working hard to build its campuses and there may be stress in working toward that goal but any professional knows you have to work hard to get good results.