Evergreen Nursing & Rehabilitation

2.8
CEO

1. Great for the patients, not so much for staff

I worked at Evergreen Nursing & Rehabilitation full-time

Pros

takes great care of patients

Cons

staff call ins, no respect for authority figures

Supposed to be "Christian" but very judgmental. Does not take the side of the employee. Publicly says they do not like certain benefits to certain employees.

2. Lack of care for a care facility

Former Employee - CNA in Modesto, CA
    Former Employee - CNA in Modesto, CA

I worked at Evergreen Nursing & Rehabilitation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy hiring process. Unlimited double shifts/overtime. CNAs show excellent team work and very friendly (at times). CNAs are emotionally loving to their residents.

Cons

Ever since the company was taken over by new ownership it has dropped way down. If they don't care about a business and its employees then why should the employees?

Firstly, it's disgusting and infection protocol is out the window.
    Residents are left soiled for long periods of time. Wounds are left unattended and ignored until they're severely infected.

RN/LVN staff lack a professional level of attitude amongst each other and indefinitely with their CNA's.
     I remember my first week working there at the start of my shift I got a write up because a CNA one shift prior to mine left a resident in a dirty urine filled bed. I was unlucky to find the mess and I do not believe she got a write up. I feel she was just angry at the situation and power hungry.
    They are constantly yelling at CNAs in the halls regardless of who is nearby. It's very degrading and demeaning but they see it as letting all know who the alpha dog is.

The CNAs are left to free roam acting how they please.
    If you don't smoke like they do. Drink and party like they do. Or socialize as they do. You are outcasted. I learned more about my coworker's personal lives more than I did my classmates in high school. Much like the RNs and LVNs they lacked a professional work attitude and would play while working. Resident care is a second priority to fun.

Upper management (DSDs/Staffing manager) encouraged working off the clock to prevent overtime they saw was unnecessary.
    Unless you accepted a double shift you can not take over time to finish your charting. If you do, expect a warning and a write up then threats to be terminated. I've caught the management telling employees to clock out then return to their charting if they feel they will not leave on time. The ridiculous part? People listened! Reenforcement of this behavior is what led me to quit.

If I continued I could write a book on how terrible this place is. It's amazing how they pass the state exams every year as they do.

Love the business as if it were your own. Residents are humans, and so are your co workers.

3. Great facility

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Evergreen Nursing & Rehabilitation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

CEO is very supportive, senior managment easy to get along with, pay is compeitive, great retirement community overall!

Cons

not really any cons that would sway away from this position

5. Fast paced for a CNA.

Former Employee - CNA in Lacey, WA
    Former Employee - CNA in Lacey, WA

I worked at Evergreen Nursing & Rehabilitation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great CNA's and teamwork among those I worked with.

Cons

10 pm shift CNA's expected all to be well and good by their arrival - that is not how life works. The result was that we were expected to check individuals once per 2 hours, and are encouraged to look the other way after that, so that we can say, 'all is well, and everyone is dry', at 10pm. Ridiculous attitude and completely backed up from upper management. Other then those individuals, the CNA's are great.

The problem could be resolved by hiring another CNA for each shift. Just one, a floater, between halls. It would help save you another lawsuit.

6. If you want to be treated like crap, work here!

Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Modesto, CA
    Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Modesto, CA

I worked at Evergreen Nursing & Rehabilitation

Pros

They hire new graduates so you can get alot of experience here. If you can work here, you can work anywhere. Alot of overtime/double shifts.

Cons

Oh gosh, where can I start? All upper management treats cna's like crap. Every time you ask for a day off or need to switch a day even if it is way ahead of time, the DSD yells at you and disrespects you. It is a very hostile environment to work. Messy rooms, dirty residents walking around. Just a dirty place compared to other nursing homes. Most all of the nurses and office workers are very UN-professional. They never give raises and never appreciate all the hard work that the cna's do and it is a lot of hard work that is done. Some RN's and LVN's disrespect the cna's not everyone here is awful I met a lot of good friends working here but we hated almost everyday of it. A lot of cnas quit and no body stays for too long so there is always new people coming in and out of there.

TETreat your cna's BETTER we do all the hardwork and we hated coming into work everyday and were scared to go in to talk to you DSD because you treated us like CRAP!!