EvergreenHealth

3.3

Bob Malte

Evergreen healthcare

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at EvergreenHealth full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of varied technology and very competent staff

Cons

Lack of leadership causes financial issues

Get input from boots on ground staff before major decisions

Reference request is misleading and jeopardizing

I have been working at EvergreenHealth

Pros

I am trying to get hired.

Cons

When I was asked to submit references, I thought this meant that I could expect a job offer shortly after that. Instead, I got a non-personalized email stating that a different candidate had been hired. I have no reason to believe that my references reported unfavorably about me. What I think happened is that EvergreenHealth uses an outside company called SkillSurvey.com to generate reports from each applicant's references, and then used those reports to help them to decide whom to hire. In the past, it was time-consuming for an employer to find out what others say, but with this new technology, it requires no investment by the employer and yet they get a wealth of information. My complaint is that this is misleading and also potentially jeopardizes applicants' current employment when he or she requests a reference from the current employer. My opinion of this organization has dropped because of this practice.

You should be clear and upfront with applicants that in contrast to the past, a request for references does not mean that an offer is likely to be forthcoming. You also need to warn applicants to not jeopardize their current employment by naming a current employer. You might even consider re-evaluating this practice and use of SkillSurvey.com.

MSW Case Manager for Hospice in the Home and Community

Current Employee - Hospice Social Worker In Community in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Hospice Social Worker In Community in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at EvergreenHealth full-time (more than an year)

Pros

respect and autonomy
    great co workers
    caring supervisors

Cons

BIggest con is NO OVERTIME FOR MSWs, despite typical 12 hour days. RNs get hourly, we do not. THere is also no written policy or plan for pay raises. The HR and management are fumbling and mumbling about it, and nothing gets changed. This is truly demoralizing.. and we work our personal lives to the bone, even those of us with good boundaries; the hospice patients and families need help-- we have to help.

Way Inconsistant with caseloads.. when you get busy, you do not always get help, and the patients suffer and the staff (MSWs and RNs) get burned out and overworked. The scheduling department gets uppity if you ask for too much help, and often we are expected to suck it up and just do a good job.

Show that you value your MSWs by giving pay increases, or at least give us the opportunity for merit raises. We deserve knowing what kind of growth opportunities Evergreen offers us.

Overall pretty good

Current Employee - Unit Tech in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Unit Tech in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at EvergreenHealth part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They have union for techs too. Pay is better than the rival hospital I used to work. Parking is easy and free.

Cons

Traffic on 405 can be bad. Their new hire training was not so great. I had 6+ yrs hospital experience so it didn't affect me but they didn't teach us how their equipments work before the floor orientation so i had to figure them out on the floor.

A good place to work, no advancement opportunities

Current Employee - HIM Analyst in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - HIM Analyst in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at EvergreenHealth full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, and ample PTO.

Cons

HIM department not overly recognized or respected. Considered "paper pushers." You're doing the same mundane tasks everyday with no new challenges or duties. Kind of feel like a robot. A little cliquey with the teams/roles you work in. If you like cubicles you'll be just fine here.

Accepting a position in the HR Dept was the biggest mistake of my professional career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I worked at EvergreenHealth full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free parking, nice campus, decent coffee shops, mediocre benefits

Cons

I observed unethical actions within the department, including violations of HIPAA, FMLA, and FLSA. I witnessed discrimination against protected classes of people. I experienced ongoing and inappropriate commentary about my physical appearance and personal life. I reported all of the above instances to my manager but nothing was done to improve the work environment.

Act with integrity in the workplace.

challenging

Current Employee - Nurse in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Nurse in Southfield, MI

I have been working at EvergreenHealth part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is great $32.00 an hour. they love hiring RN's . You get 20 days of orientation and the evening nurses love working with newbies

Cons

They always over staff I see people get sent home. The woman who does the scheduling have her favorites. I said before that the evening nurses like to work with the newbies the day shift nurses not so nice. I was new out of school and some of the nurses were not very nice.

If you want the new Rn's to stay treat them nicer

Social Worker

Current Employee - Social Worker in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Social Worker in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at EvergreenHealth part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work. People there genuinely care about their jobs, the patients and each other.

Cons

Too many and too frequent changes

Very bad experience with management ethics.

Former Employee - Information Technology in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Kirkland, WA

I worked at EvergreenHealth full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was at least a Clean workplace.

Cons

As another reviewer stated:
    "Watch out. Leadership is quite incompetent and will never take blame on initiatives that they were responsible for."
    I experienced this first hand, in fact, It is my opinion that I was hired with the underlying intent to take the blame for a previous project gone bad. I my opinion this was one of the worst ethics issues I have ever personally encountered.You have been warned!

Seek help in ethical management practices.

Great Place to Work BUT Don't Get Hurt They DON'T Care

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at EvergreenHealth full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to move within company - education - health benefits

Cons

Expectation of workload exceeds what is safe and realistic. Staffing should be based on patient acuity vs patient numbers. Especially since you do not provide adequate care for injured employees. Pay is completely tenure based, not based on performance which breeds mediocrity. Example: there is an employee that has been caught stealing twice; once from a fellow staff member and once from a patient. That employee still works in the same position.

Care more about your employees and treating them fairly. DON’T PREACH “it is important to take care of yourself” and then when an employee is injured on the job and you deny rehabilitation and care to the injured employee!! You take care of the injured patient BUT NOT the employee. SHAME!!It happens frequently!! You are losing valuable employees due to caring more about money than the employee and their well-being.