www.everythingbutwater.com

Updated January 20, 2015
Updated January 20, 2015
2.8

Sheila Arnold

Best experience I've had in retail thus far!

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Everything But Water

Pros

Growing company, progressive, dynamic, great discount and bonus structure for motivating managers. Great DM/SM relationship. Staff are encouraged to submit ideas for corporate review in order to keep them involved in the business at corporate level. A feeling of camaraderie amongst the different stores and their teams. Response time to issues is timely and effective. accessible working relationship with allocations, inventory and our corporate partners giving us a voice in what we need on a store by store basis.

Cons

Web returns are many times massive and kill store revenue. Employees work extremely hard to make sales goals but all the effort can go out the window the minute a customer comes in with a huge return of merchandise purchased online. Kills morale.

Develope a way to make store revenue immune to the impact of web returns. If we want to keep the option of in store returns for web purchases available for customer convenience, perhaps a system should be developed that channels that loss back to web stores so that actual stores aren't taking hits. Or, create a cap as to the amount permitted to be returned in store to offset the impact $500+ returns can have. Upper management need to take into account how hard those in the field work to achieve their sales plan. To have a full days work wiped out by a single return of merchandise not even purchased in-store can devastate business and cripple morale. There needs to be balance.

Also, having to pull sick time and vacation time from the same pool of hours seems a bit unfair, especially for single mothers who may use those hours not just for themselves but also for their children. If we happen to have a rough year requiring the use of our 5 days of pto...we are essentially robbed of vacation time...which is essential to work life balance. IE family trips, general R&R.

Can improve

Current Employee - Style Expert
    Current Employee - Style Expert

I have been working at Everything But Water part-time (less than a year)

Pros

can be fun
    costumers are great
    merchandise is awesome

Cons

management
    lots of things changing with corporate
    store seems to be left on its own
    store atmosphere
    something is always broken
    discount

Be realistic and honest

Disorganized

I worked at Everything But Water

Pros

Love the product and the customer.

Cons

Upper management does nothing but micromanage. Mistakes are ok and people are human!! Some people that work for this company do not understand that. The turnover rate is also terrible.
    Some people in the corporate office are rude and unprofessional.

District managers should be more involved in a SUPPORTIVE manner versus being a chief.
    I believe in ask vs tell.

Great people to work with. Company needs better communication throughout.

I have been working at Everything But Water full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

HR has recently been added back, and she is AMAZING. Best out of all for sure. Most of the staff is fun, good to work with. Benefits are good. If you have a good manager that is willing to voice their/our needs, it's a great job, great growth opportunity, and compensation.

Cons

Corporate/store/department communication is BAD. Training is bad, but getting better. Managers have to be great to get good training. If you get a bad manager, you have no idea whats going on, no career opportunity, and stuck up attitude you have to deal with.

COMMUNICATE.

Good place to work

I worked at Everything But Water part-time

Pros

Laid back environment, great products. A good place to work if you have a good manager.

Cons

I worked at two different locations and there are inconsistent management styles.

Worst expierence of my life

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Everything But Water full-time (less than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Management, lack of Payroll, no corporate support, upper Management absent.

To start with corporate emails back and fourth between the store and anyone else in the company are available for the whole store to see. The context of the emails are extremely unprofessional and almost text messaging like. When you do use a professional context in your emails you'll be called out and called rude. Management training is nothing short of a joke. There is none. Key holders train assistant managers on duties. District Managers are extremely absent in stores and fail to respond to emails or phone calls in a timely manner and personally judge their importance even if it's an urgent matter in the store at that time.
    Only people that answer emails and/or phone calls in a timely manner is IT.
    The rules and procedures in the associate handbook are all in favor of the store managers and no one else. When store managers do not follow the handbook nothing is ever done about it and there is no recourse for them. If this company is truly trying to make their turn over rate better they need to allocate more hours in their payroll, provide training for managers outside of their home store, when concerns about the store are brought up to HR & the District Manager actions should be taken. If this company has any hope in surviving they need to start makin. Employees happy.

It was a great job, as far a retail goes, for someone with little experience.

I worked at Everything But Water part-time

Pros

There are sales contests to motivate the employees to do their best. There are several prizes that only the sales associates can win, since the store manager is working full time (which means they would most likely win). Some of the prizes even included a Wii with the Wii Fit game.

Cons

It is a high end bathing suit shop, so some of the people can be rude and demanding. I also think that the need to update their computer system as far as the register goes.

Hard to find reliable associates

Former Employee - Store Manager in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Everything But Water full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very fashion forward. Great management and corporate.

Cons

Typical retail cons; hard to find quality associates, etc.

Better management training.

great

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Everything But Water full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

its fun and management is awesome

Cons

slow in off season so hours cut

more communication form corporate

Overall, I enjoyed my experience during my time with Everything But Water.

I worked at Everything But Water

Pros

The job gave me the ability to come out of my shell and work on my customer service skills.

Cons

During the off seasons, days became very slow.

Everything But Water Photos