Everything But Water
www.everythingbutwater.com Orlando, FL 500 to 999 Employees

Everything But Water Reviews

Updated Mar 2, 2014
Everything But Water – US – “Everything But Water”

Sheila Arnold

An Okay Experience

Sales Associate/Fit Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Everything But Water part-time

ProsEveryone I worked with was awesome and that includes the manager. Pay was okay for a part time job. You gain customer service and sales experience. Little cleanup at the end of the night.

ConsIt gets boring in the off season because no one is looking to purchase vacation wear. If you have tattoos they cannot be visible, which for me meant long sleeves even on hot days. Overall this is a typical retail job.

Only if you're desperate.

Key Holder & Fit Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Everything But Water part-time for less than a year

ProsLike any other job in retail, the hours aren't set. So if you need a certain day off and you give your notice early enough you'll get your days off.

ConsUpper management doesn't care about their workers. The work conditions are horrible. For the store that I worked at there was no break room, no microwave to heat up our food, we had to climb up and down ladders to reach the inventory in the back room and on the sales floor, and the list goes on. Communication from corporate to the store is pretty much nonexistent, things are done by trial and error. Things broke almost on a daily basis. It seems as though the company would rather opt for ways to save money than to help out their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease show more appreciation to employees and also be more attentive to hazards within the store.

Been with the company for 6+ years/no opportunity for advancement.

Key Holder (Current Employee)

I have been working at Everything But Water full-time for more than 5 years

ProsTeaches you to be passionate about selling.
Good job to start off learning how to sell in the retail industry.

ConsNever give raises. Feel unappreciated. Never get commission for sales, which gets old after making the company hundreds of thousands of dollars. No opportunity for growth. The company is continually growing, but doesn't care about it's employees. Corporate seems to not be paying attention to our district. Been without a district manager for over a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet a good example to your employees by being on time/not talking about personal life all the time. Stand up to corporate for your employees/push for deserving employees to get a raise. Believe in your employees/make them feel like they do have an opportunity to move up with the company. Try and train them to be the best employees they can be.

Okay for a part-time job.

Key Holder & Fit Specialist (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Everything But Water part-time for less than a year

ProsI worked here part-time for less than a yea, during which time. I had the opportunity to work with wonderful people and great products. Management at my store was great and was invested in helping us move forward.

ConsThere always seemed to be a disconnect between store / regional management and corporate. Also, while part-time pay was decent, it was difficult to get enough hours each week.

Fun Work but LOW Pay

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Everything But Water full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCustomers were generally really nice and fun to work with
Great products that are easy to stand behind
Great bonus for selling 200k / year

ConsThey have very low salaries
Weekly payroll is almost impossible to work with
Policies about dress code, payroll, and merchandising change ALL the time
At our store there were severe problems with the building including moldy disgusting carpet in the dressing rooms, old curtains for doors that sometimes didn't close all the way (imagine how many people want to try on swimwear like that), the rooms all had two small hooks to hang things on and nowhere to sit, and at times we had to go a week with no ac in the summer.
The general impression I got was that the company was willing to lose good employees and even customers as long as they didn't have to put any money in the stores or pay a decent wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo the right thing for your customers and employees, don't put all of your budget into new locations. Keep a much better eye on the goings on in your stores.

pay well, but be care of your manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Everything But Water full-time for less than a year

ProsNice place to work with good clients and the stuff sells itself mostly and you get a nice discount

ConsManagement in my store was horrible. she would nag you even when your numbers were perfect and just belittle people ALL THE TIME- unless she decided you were her favorite of the hour. There are also a lot of cliques within the store despite them being Farly small.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou really should be forced to take a class on business management.

Great team, fun customers, nice place to work.

Assistant Manager Full Time Fit Specialist (Former Employee)
Brea, CA

I worked at Everything But Water full-time for more than a year

ProsDiscount is good, pay is ok. Hours for part timers don't usually get cut. Communication between stores is fantastic. Company is a good one to work for.

ConsSlow season is slooooow and can be boring.

I worked with the company for less than a year, training was almost unheard of.

Swimwear Consultant (Former Employee)
Durham, NC

I worked at Everything But Water full-time for less than a year

ProsThe company has highend quality swimwear that can compete with any of the other upscale department stores.

ConsBeing that the company is a highend swimwear boutique you would expect to have very well trained swimwear consultants to give the ultimate experience to the customers, no so. Training is a definite thumbs down and the pay and hours is not good.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more serious time in training the workers.

Too much change, and not in a good way

Store Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Everything But Water full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat stepping stone for building experience, amazing product, fun customer service environment.

ConsThis company is expanding too fast without the proper staffing and support to back it up at any level. Stores needs fall through the cracks, and it's evident that employee appreciation levels are at an all-time low. They are quick to make poor decisions on a store's behalf without actually consulting management opinions or considering the realistic outcome of these decisions. For a while, the lack of proper pay did not bother me as much, but since various issues with this company caused me to lose my best staff members, I ran out of reasons to want to stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together and figure out how to take care of your employees. Stop being cheap and put more people in place, especially on the corporate end, so this place can actually function the way it's meant to. If not, don't be surprised when more people who have been loyal to this company continue to walk out.

Terrible company with even worse values

Keyholder (Former Employee)

I worked at Everything But Water part-time

ProsI don't believe there are any. However, I would like to say that I adored every other single person I worked with aside from the Manager. It was nice to know that the rest of us always had each other's backs.

ConsDuring my time working with this company, so many issues and problems in the workplace have come up. Everyday was something new. Corporate is a joke and they don't take care of anything. I don't even think they know what they are doing. They are all a bunch of backstabbing, un-trusting people. They don't care about any of their employees. This company is a disgrace and should be put out of business.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire Managers who actually have a four year degree and know what they are doing. Don't let family work together if you specifically state that it's not allowed. (This issue has caused many problems). Communicate with your teams instead of ignoring them. Reconsider your business model, because it isn't working.

Worked for Everything But Water? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Everything But Water reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Everything But Water CEO Sheila Arnold. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by Everything But Water employees.