Everything But Water

great

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Everything But Water full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

its fun and management is awesome

Cons

slow in off season so hours cut

more communication form corporate

Overall, I enjoyed my experience during my time with Everything But Water.

I worked at Everything But Water

Pros

The job gave me the ability to come out of my shell and work on my customer service skills.

Cons

During the off seasons, days became very slow.

Fun Boss, Fun Coworkers (for the most part)

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Fit Specialist  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Fit Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Everything But Water part-time for less than a year

Pros

coworkers are positive and funny and make the time pass by quickly even when there are no customers

Cons

though there is no commission coworkers can be pretty competitive to keep their numbers up b/c of contests and other incentives

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ridiculous work culture

Former Employee - Floor Supervisor  in  Freehold, NJ
    Former Employee - Floor Supervisor in Freehold, NJ

I worked at Everything But Water part-time for more than a year

Pros

Can't really say there were any. Except if you have a great group of women that you work with.

Cons

Literally everything. Constantly working alone, regional management is a joke and doesn't do anything for you, the company as a whole is just stupid.

Not so great, i have lengthy experience in the field of account payable, but the training was really bad.

Current Employee - Account Payable  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Account Payable in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Everything But Water full-time for less than a year

Pros

9-5 job with benefits, above minimum wage, friendly atmosphere,

Cons

Training was bad, no recognition for work performance, or meeting deadline in a proper manner when needed, training need's to be in 1 p.o.v. instead of 3, it will confuse the personal perks they have chosen to execute the task when first learning on how to full fill the lesson at hand to a new trainee.

Better hand's on training will make a better employee.

"Great Place to Work"

I worked at Everything But Water

Pros

"Great place to work, flexible during the holidays as it is not the busy season."

Cons

"Gets slow durning the off season and boring, because no one is looking to purchase"

You are all alone and upper management is never around.

I have been working at Everything But Water

Pros

Great customers, loved the staff in the store.

Cons

Not having the product available. No direction from DM. Only sends emails. No visits, no calls, just emails. Negative emails.

Dont have one person wear to many hats. DM needs to be available to coach and develop her teams.

Awful in every way

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Everything But Water full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not a single pro comes to mind

Cons

Upper management is never present, no visits, no district calls, no follow ups, no responses to emails. Corporate is a joke. No one knows what they are doing. IT systems constantly changing and IT guys seem to be only ones who respond to an email. One sole person in corporate is in charge of operations, which I suppose why it takes months to get anything fixed, inlcuding but certainly not limited to, AC unit, toilets, doors/locks, registers, light fixtures, etc.Tons of safety hazards for employees and customers. No space in store, not stroller or wheelchair friendly. Way too much merchandise for a small store. No Stockroom, no breakroom. No paid holidays for PT staff. No Jury duty or bereavement pay. No communication whatsoever between stores themsleves, never got to know any of the districts store managers. Multiple changes in HR and DM hires. Discount can only be used in home store, no online or store to store purchases. Contests are barely achievable and unrealistic with lame prizes....no one wants a tin of cookies.(esp those with a peanut or dairy allery) Or a taxed $25 bonus? Staff is never rewarded and management prizes are written in plain sight of all employees to see. Completely innapropriate to see that a sales girl will get $25 from selling thousands of dollars of merch and the manager gets $100+.

Speak with and properly advise your staff. DM's and Corporate Partners should re evaluate their roles and work with the store managers to seek out the kinds of issues within a store. Listen to your store managers, they are the ones in the store the most and see everydays the highs and lows of the business. Follow up when you say you will. Make an action plan and stick with it. Back yourself up with concrete info and solutions. Support your managers and help them by setting goals and coming up with solutions. Come work in a store for a week to see for yourself. Follow through with what you say you will do. Have a "what can we do to help you and your staff succeed" attitude. Hire out a Loss Prevention and Customer Service Training Program to help all learn the correct behaviors of a retail team.

An Okay Experience

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Fit Specialist
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Fit Specialist

I worked at Everything But Water part-time

Pros

Everyone I worked with was awesome and that includes the manager. Pay was okay for a part time job. You gain customer service and sales experience. Little cleanup at the end of the night.

Cons

It gets boring in the off season because no one is looking to purchase vacation wear. If you have tattoos they cannot be visible, which for me meant long sleeves even on hot days. Overall this is a typical retail job.

Only if you're desperate.

Former Employee - Key Holder & Fit Specialist
    Former Employee - Key Holder & Fit Specialist

I worked at Everything But Water part-time for less than a year

Pros

Like any other job in retail, the hours aren't set. So if you need a certain day off and you give your notice early enough you'll get your days off.

Cons

Upper management doesn't care about their workers. The work conditions are horrible. For the store that I worked at there was no break room, no microwave to heat up our food, we had to climb up and down ladders to reach the inventory in the back room and on the sales floor, and the list goes on. Communication from corporate to the store is pretty much nonexistent, things are done by trial and error. Things broke almost on a daily basis. It seems as though the company would rather opt for ways to save money than to help out their employees.

Please show more appreciation to employees and also be more attentive to hazards within the store.

Worked for Everything But Water? Contribute to the Community!