Evolution Marketing

Exciting new career!

Current Employee - Leadership/Corporate Trainer
    Current Employee - Leadership/Corporate Trainer

I have been working at Evolution Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I started with Evolution Marketing about 3 months ago, and I have never found a place that I enjoy coming to work so much on a day to day basis. I am 28 years old, so I've been through my fair share of companies and trades, and I think i've finally landed something that I can be in control, learn so many different skills, and take it as far as I want!

Cons

They have very easy systems in place, its all very easy to learn and follow, but it does take hard work. Which for me is no problem because i've been working hard my whole life. But I've seen others who arent willing to work hard, not succeed. But, that's why not everyone is built to run their own company!

Teach me more & more!! :)

Learned a lot and had a great time doing it!

I worked at Evolution Marketing

Pros

There is a lot of hands on training. I did not have previous experience in sales and they had a full training program set in place. The atmosphere itself was very high energy and rewarding. If you are hitting your sales standards your recognized for it on a daily basis.

Cons

A big con for me personally is that my family decided to move out of the area so I am unable to work with the firm.

Opened my eyes to business!

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Evolution Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved my time at Evo. I was challenged day in and day out, which was something that was scary at first, but the amount of growth I saw both professionally and personally was crazy! I also was able to learn how to deal with people better through the Sales training provided, as well as the leadership training. I never saw myself in the sales or marketing world before this job, but I gained a lot of transferable skills. Afterall, in anything you do in life, you're always selling yourself right?

Cons

The other reviews I've read don't make sense to me. Yes there are 2 payment options, either 100% commission of the base pay (still based on performance) plus a percentage of commission, but THAT IS EXPLAINED TO YOU before you accept the position.

Everything in this company is 100% PERFORMANCE BASED. This can be challenging and uncomfortable, but your success is in your hands, and noone else's. That's the beauty of it.

I was also told it will take 1-2 years to own your own company through their training. From the results I saw, this holds true.

Keep doing what you're doing! It's working!

Marathon vs Sprint

Current Employee - Account Executive/Corporate Trainer in Glen Allen, VA
    Current Employee - Account Executive/Corporate Trainer in Glen Allen, VA

I have been working at Evolution Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a company that truly promotes growth! You are constantly put in situations where you must become a stronger person and/or leader to learn!

Cons

It's not easy! Nothing great is ever easy and with this company you truly work for what you want.

Keep up the good work! I've never had the pleasure of working with a greater management team! My goal is to be as great as they are.

A Company Where It's Imperative to Work Smart and Not Hard

Current Employee - Account Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Evolution Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great working environment, leaders really care about their trainees (listen to them because they know a lot about what it takes to be successful), atmosphere is fun but sometimes crowded, management is very inspirational, team days are fun, they are willing to help you as much as they can, and a lot of the time it didn't even feel like work. It;s fun.....if you are willing to deal with what you are getting ready to read.

Cons

HAHAHA!!! Ok where should I start, the employee turnover rate is.....okay not to be mean/rude or anything, but imagine drinking a pot of coffee in which the water was taken out of the toilet of a ship while you are in the navy (salt water) and multiply that taste by about 1,000,000,000, then you got this company's turnover rate. The pay scale is deceiving as anything, you have the choice of 100% commission meaning if you make no sales, you get $0.00 OR $300 base salary plus 25% commission, BUT WAIT THERE IS A CATCH!!!!! You get the base salary IF and ONLY IF!!! you make 3 sales that week, if you don't you will be payed 100% commission for the sales you do make and NOT the base salary, not a single penny of it, deceiving much??? And last but not least are the hours, the good news is you get to sleep in which rocks, the bad news is if you have a social life, say goodbye to every last bit of it because the hours are LOOOOONG!!! It's strenuous oh and the elements outside are not for the faint of heart. To sum all of this up in shorter terms: If you can sell about 15-20 applications per WEEK, if you are willing to gain experience and experience only, and if you are willing to go out there and sweat through your clothes until they turn a completely different color shade and will be dripping from the ends like the whole sky opening up, then you will be fine, good luck and have fun :D

All of you rock and the working environment is awesome, but try to keep your employees for more than one day, pay everyone what it says they will be payed (don't be deceiving), and consider having in office days when it is hotter than deepest and hottest depths of burning hell outside

A Company willing to teach you how to reach your full potential

Former Employee - Team Leader in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Richmond, VA

I worked at Evolution Marketing as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

What I liked about working here was the relationships established. While working it felt like I really wasn't working due to the culture establish by the team. I learned how to build on my strengths and break comfort zones challenging myself to do things I didn't think I was capable of, for example being good at sales. I also learned a lot about what it takes to be successful at being an entrepreneur.

Cons

I have never been a fan of working with teams since college and found that there is a lot of teamwork involved that I had to get use to. Also, this company does like to challenge people to break comfort zones which can be nerve racking.

After working here I have learned a lot about myself as an individual, even though I struggled at a few things, you never tried to make it easy for me because you knew I could handle it and for that I am grateful. Please continue through your teachings to helps others realize what they are truly capable of doing.

Not the best

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer/Leader in Glen Allen, VA
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer/Leader in Glen Allen, VA

I have been working at Evolution Marketing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun environment when people actually worked there. In the beginning, workshops were very informative and I was excited to be apart of it.

Cons

The company is deceitful. They tell you about a $300 base pay that no one has ever received. You would only get that if you hit a minimum of 3 sales for the week. In that case you might as well just stay at 100% commission. Your'e spending all of your time with your coworkers, so they become your family. Even after spending all day and night with your coworkers, you have to go to the mandatory team nights twice a week. It wasn't bad in the beginning, then it became so draining that you don't have time for anyone else other than your coworkers. There is so much favoritism is this business. The boss only likes you if you make him the most money. There was at least 35 people working there when I started and now its only 5. The turnover rate is absolutely ridiculous. There has been a total 50+ people come and go since I've been here. I 'ts hard to hold on to a job when your being cheated out of money from the boss and everyone is dropping like flies around you. There is one assistant manager and she was promoted 2/3 months ago and she is nowhere near where she needs to be to get promoted out. You have to have to total of twelve producing people ( which is at least $500/week/person), a business bank acct of $8000 and a team of ten people. With an office of only 5 people its hard to expand. You never get compensated for the gas that you spend every day. We were in fredericksburg for two and a half months and lost more money than we made. They lie and say its not door to door but it is. The boss is more concerned with who's screwing who more than he is on your production and growth in the company. The #1 goal is to make money have fun and make money again... The money isn't promised and the fun only comes when your out of the office. The way this business is ran, I don't expect it to last long. Its more drama in the office than anywhere else. Feels like high school all over again. Not a professional setting at all. Everyone who has been there a year or longer have the worst attitudes and they automatically assume they are better than you. They all treat you like garbage and talk to you like you're an idiot, no matter what degrees you have under your belt. Its totally not worth the hassle. you'll dig yourself into a bigger whole. brings along wayyyy to much stress. I don't have anything else positive to say about this job bc it was more of a hassle.

Involve your people in the decisions. Its about them too, not just management.

RUN

Current Employee - Trainer
    Current Employee - Trainer

I have been working at Evolution Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The admins are awesome. They do their job, why cant the management do the same?

Cons

100% COMMISSON
    100% DOOR TO DOOR
    100% LIED TO.
    Favoritism left and right, NO direction, NO organization. NO OPPORTUNITY TO GROW.
    They tell you that you will have your own company within 7 months, lies. The assistant manager took over a year and a half to get to management. Evolution will consume your life, and suck you dry both mentally and financially.

PLEASE for the love of god, DO NOT BUY INTO THESE FAKE "GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO TRANSFER SKILLS...." REVIEWS. If youre reading this, do not what so ever take this job.

none.

“Great place to work, great opportunities if you have entrepreneurial mindset”

Former Employee - Trainer
    Former Employee - Trainer

I worked at Evolution Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of effort put into personal development and growth. People really care about you, and the atmosphere is more collaborative than competitive. Make long lasting relationships and tons of opportunity to travel.

Cons

Sometimes overloaded work and there are rarely some worthless people you meet that you say how the hell do they keep such a person in a company like this. Everything is based on performance so if someone is slacking off they definitely don't do well, but I guess that's pretty fair.

Keep on doing what you guys are doing, you made hard work fun for me. You guys run inspirational meetings and are great leaders. Are really easy to work with. Trust/listen to the managers, they know what they are doing.

Crash course in sales and deceit

I worked at Evolution Marketing full-time

Pros

Loved working with my co workers. It was a fun environment. Most of the time, I did not feel like I was working. Great inspirational speeches as well. Chance for travel if you apply yourself. Some general management training.

Cons

Deceitful from the get go. 100% commission. Outside fairing against the elements. Favoritism. Low pay. Your whole day is taken. Basically no life and no pay.

Pay your employees. Do not be deceitful.

Evolution Marketing Photos