Evonik Corporation Reviews

Updated March 22, 2015
32 reviews filtered by
3.7
John Rolando

1. A really good corporate culture!

I have been working at Evonik Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company is a large organization with multiple business lines serving a number of markets. So if you are bored with one area one could conceivably switch over to another business line.

Cons

The businesses work in a silo so the organization has not fully utilized its synergies. This also limits innovation due to lack of idea exchange. Salaries are in the low-end for a large corporation.

Advice to Management

Make sure you move people from one business to another to take advantage of new ideas and synergies.

2. Internship

I worked at Evonik Corporation

Pros

Very good learning environment for an internship

Cons

authorization for different tasks took some time

3. Fantastic company with very helpful and friendly people.

I worked at Evonik Corporation

Pros

The people working there were very nice and they pay very well. Someone was always available to answer any questions I had. They also worked with my schedule allowing me time off when I needed it.

Cons

Honestly there are no cons I can think of. Due to the nature of the work safety training is very big in this industry. So you have to watch a lot of safety videos.

Advice to Management

You are doing great. The company is very friendly and has great perks. I especially liked how management always kept the employees in the loop.

5. Sales

I worked at Evonik Corporation

Pros

Ok benefits and decent pay.

Cons

Direction from upper management changes allot and the communication from the top down could be much better. Goals do not seem to be realistic.

Advice to Management

I would take one thing at a time and perfect that process. I would cut travel time down and make goals more realistic.

6. A good company to work for just worked for the wrong plant inside the company. They were independent owned an small.

Former Employee - Chemical Operator in Theodore, AL
    Former Employee - Chemical Operator in Theodore, AL

I worked at Evonik Corporation

Pros

they allowed us to take ownership in the companyand make very important decisions on our own.

Cons

it was a small independent own company with a very small budget

Advice to Management

find new clients to expand the business and make the company a lot bigger and better.

7. Good place to work!

I worked at Evonik Corporation

Pros

People are treated fairly. Good benefits

Cons

Can take a long time to be promoted, depending on your department

Advice to Management

Be clear on expectations

8. "Great International Company with A lot of Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Chemist I
    Current Employee - Chemist I

I have been working at Evonik Corporation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is a great specialty chemicals company. There is a lot of opportunity for people with a science/engineering background that can understand business of chemicals. The company focuses on development of their professionals to later take on greater responsibilities. It is very international with many sites and plants around the world, so there are opportunities for relocation and travelling often since it is a German company. There is a very welcoming environment and mix of cultures on most of the sites. Life and work balance is good as observed from the family oriented employees. Great people to work with. Fun environment.

Cons

There is not much of a training for the different positions. In other words, responsibilities are not put on paper for each and every employee. The more experience you get in the business the more you'll learn. There has to be flexibility for relocation if you want to continue growing within the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in their employees training

9. Interesting Company with lots of Opportunities

I have been working at Evonik Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It is truly a global company that is rapidly growing in the Specialty Chemical business. If you are looking for a company to spend your entire career at, this is one of them as each division and location is unique and presents new challenges. The dedication to making employees have the tools to succeed is appreciated as well. The bonuses are above average. The ability to be innovative in your approach to different problems is definitely a huge plus.

Cons

Compensation is at or below average based on various industry averages. As it is a growth-by-acquisition business, the culture can be fragmented if the site is new to the company. Extended international experience will be required to continue progressing through the company, which is understandable since it is based in Germany.

10. Good place to work and grow

Current Employee - Process Engineer
    Current Employee - Process Engineer

I have been working at Evonik Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is highly interested in developing employee talent. From what I've seen, work-life balance is a prioritiy and most of the time, the job demands are reasonable.

Evonik is international and based on Germany. A pro for some and a con for others. At some point in your career, you will have the opportunity to work in a foreign country.

Cons

Evonik is international and based on Germany. A pro for some and a con for others, but at some point your career will probably be limited without an international assignment.

11. Experience based largely on site location

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at Evonik Corporation as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

Potential to travel to Germany, the company's headquarters. Career potential if willing to travel to and from Germany.

Cons

Training is limited, often members are put into roles with little to no guidance. Stagnant. Opportunity to move up limited if at all. If any opportunities are present, they are probably in Germany. The German part of the company will always be the most important, with the North America Division as the ugly step-child.
    Piscataway site especially neglected - ghost town-esque.

Advice to Management

Develop better programs, new hire training, and career path/planning

Evonik Corporation Photos