Evox Images

Great Company

Current Employee - Project Manager in Rancho Dominguez, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Rancho Dominguez, CA

I have been working at Evox Images

Pros

Exciting and dynamic work environment. Great upside potential.

Cons

Having a few legacy folks who remain who "just don't get it".

Stay the course. A lot of exciting new initiatives.

Micro Management

Current Employee - Specialist in Rancho Dominguez, CA
    Current Employee - Specialist in Rancho Dominguez, CA

I have been working at Evox Images full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Not reporting to the CEO

Cons

Every single detail is micromanaged and new products are launched without advance notice.

Keep your employees informed about your corporate direction and ask for their input and more importantly, respect their input.

Great learning experience with sharp, intelligent people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Dominguez, CA

I have been working at Evox Images full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for large corporations and smaller companies and can easily say EVOX is the most exciting and interesting place I've encountered. The people of EVOX are among the most talented - and determined - people I have ever met. Because of the culture of EVOX, employees have a unique opportunity to develop skills that they may not have had the opportunity to learn anywhere else.

The CEO is hands-on and truly passionate about new product development and the client experience. Because of this, timelines are often compressed and course corrections swift, so being flexible and having an entrepreneurial spirit are common attributes among the employees. If you desire a workplace that regularly challenges the status quo and is on the leading edge of product innovation, you will be successful here.

EVOX is a place where most employees have direct and regular interactions with executive staff members, so professionalism and emotional maturity are very important - as in any workplace.

The casual dress code and informal work environment are a definite plus.

Cons

EVOX is fast-paced and every person is an integral part of it's success - so training sessions developed for the express purpose of transferring knowledge from one part of the organization to another would be beneficial for everyone. The more people that have precise details about critical company initiatives, the better EVOX will be able to operate efficiently, nimbly and successfully.

EVOX is advancing with new technologies and strategies rapidly, I recommend keeping your staff informed of the way forward with regular town hall meetings to help everyone be as successful and effective as possible.

"Stay Away"

I worked at Evox Images full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice work schedule,
    Awesome co-workers
    Laid back work environment
    No Deadlines

Cons

No room for growth
    No overtime
    Bad pay
    High turnover rate
    No raises given over the course of years
    Management has no idea what they are doing.
    laid off almost half the company recently

Hire decent managers. managers don't show favoritism people notice.

The Pursuit of Happiness

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Dominguez, CA

I have been working at Evox Images full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have my dream job, where daily challenges, diversity, and accomplishments keep my motivation at an all time high. At Evox, I am honored to work with such a talented, dedicated, and intelligent team. Everyone’s contributions are the key to success. I am proud to say, I love coming to work everyday! The Evox product line is indeed, unique, innovated and brilliant! Thanks to the CEO-Founder for turning his dream to reality, and for his ambition to be the best. Thank you for the opportunity to contribute.

The management team is very much in tune with all the employees and is open to suggestions, new ideas, and follow-through. There are no broken promises. The expectations are not out of the ordinary. I have a skill set and was hired on the basis to exceptionally perform. Accountability and responsibility sets the standard, and I am able to strive to be the best. I appreciate exploring the unknown, completing projects I thought I was not capable of, and proving myself different. Kudos to me!

At Evox, we are very well taken care of. The working environment is healthy, energetic and we always have plenty to eat. Keeping it healthy too! An employer is not obligated to provide food or coffee. Not only do we have coffee, we have fresh bean coffee! Thank you Evox! I pride myself not bringing personal matters to the workplace, however there have been times it is unavoidable. I am grateful for the compassion and support shown by the CEO and management team whenever I am in need to take care of personal matters that may affect my workday. At Evox Images, we are not a number, lost in a massive conglomerate corporate environment, we are persons treated as such.

Cons

It is truly unfortunate to learn or hear of negativity for those who may be unhappy. I have read some of the not so nice comments, and I take this opportunity to say, if in your life’s quest you find happiness, and are satisfied with your work/health balance, then it is a good thing you are no longer at Evox because complaining is self inflicted and harmful to your well being, and detrimental to the Evox culture.

Continue to encourage the employees to bring forward any and all concerns. The pursuit of happiness is an attribute to the overall success, and prosperity of Evox Images.

Evox is a great place if you like an energetic environment.

I have been working at Evox Images full-time (less than a year)

Pros

High-energy, not for everyone, but a great place to show what you can do. My coworkers are great. And the management seems to be moving the company into some interesting new technologies.

Cons

Some overtime may be required. It’s a fast-paced environment, which may not be for everyone. And the company appears to be moving forward quickly, which could be challenging.

You have good people - take care of them.

Nov 10, 2014CFO

Thank you for your advice. We know we have fantastic employees, and we will continue to work to ensure they know they are appreciated.

GREAT GROUP OF TALENTED PEOPLE TO WORK WITH!

Current Employee - Supervisor in Rancho Dominguez, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Rancho Dominguez, CA

I have been working at Evox Images as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

It is very exciting to work for a company with such high standards in the products they produce. The employees, at all levels, are friendly and helpful. The pay and benefits are competitive plus the time off (i.e. holiday, sick and vacation) is most generous.

Cons

There is a large turnover in certain staff positions. They are MAC computer user so Windows trained individuals will have an adjustment period. The office location is far from restaurants for lunch time meal choices.

Being a very conservative individual, my advice to Management would be to grow slowly. Enjoy your position in the current market share. Keep up the high standards of your product. You will not regret the efforts. Continue to value your very talented staff.

Nov 24, 2014CEO

Thank you! EVOX Rocks.... and its because of our people.

Not for everyone, but a good home for any professional who values hard work, team spirit, and is open to change.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Dominguez, CA

I have been working at Evox Images full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy what I do at Evox and have been given the opportunity to grow, make mistakes, and take on different responsibilities until the perfect fit was found.

Evox Images is a place where you can both hone and expand your professional skill set. Here, you will find yourself rubbing elbows with professionals from many different industries, so there is a lot to absorb and benefit from. If you can be both a team player and someone who can also function independently, you've got the potential to succeed at Evox.

The Culture is one of change and experimentation... Management is not afraid to try new things, sometimes at a light-speed pace.

At Evox, it is very much about the right person in the right job, so, as mentioned earlier, you might experience multiple job or title changes or see duties added-to or re-appointed elsewhere.

The CEO is the most accessible of any company that I have ever worked at. His vision has molded this company and made Evox number one. The company works as an extension of him to achieve that vision. The CEO is intense and incredibly intelligent and at the same time, not above stopping to joke with you in the hallway. His standards and expectations are indeed high for the entire company, himself included, and he asks for no less than your best each and every day.

Respect is earned here so you are expected to work hard, be productive, and conduct yourself as a professional. This is not a company where you can sit around all day checking your personal email, shooting the breeze, and watching funny stuff on You Tube. And if you truly put yourself into your work here, there is no way that you will not grow and learn a thing or two (or more) along the way.

People skills and maturity are a plus as they would be in any workplace, given that interaction and cooperation with other departments is a fairly regular requirement.

I've always appreciated that the paycheck has always been steady at Evox, something which should not be taken for granted in these tough times.

Casual dress, and a somewhat informal work environment are also enjoyable pluses.

The people here are truly the best asset of the company --- the Evox family is a very talented and eclectic group and a pleasure to work with every day.

Evox is what you make of it. If you are a mature professional and comfortable working hard at your job, flexible in your mindset, and are seeking something challenging outside of the typical corporate cookie-cutter job, you've got a home here.

Cons

The atmosphere of change can be daunting at times, but it also provides ample opportunity to learn and evolve your skill set, and definitely keeps you on your toes.

If you are someone who is adverse to change and clings to the status quo, Evox is definitely not the place for you.

Communication and cooperation between departments could stand to be improved.

I do feel that improved communication between Management and the employees in the trenches would yield positive results, especially when considering and launching new ideas or approaches.

Nov 24, 2014CEO

This is a very thoughtful review. Thank you so much for taking the time to lay out your thoughts. You have encapsulated some key aspects of our culture and values extremely well... including valuable ... More

I Love Cars and Start-up's

Current Employee - Manager in Rancho Dominguez, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Rancho Dominguez, CA

I have been working at Evox Images full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love the challenging Start Up environment responsible for development of new
    Stock Photography eCommerce and "BTO" (Build to Order) business segments and whatever it is they are chasing in the daily development Scrum.
    Clients love Evox Images Products. Wear an Evox Shirt to any Automotive Trade Show to get high fives and free beer!

Cons

Venturing into the unknown can be scary. In a Start-Up you get lots of opportunity to fail.
    Change is the constant. The Founder / CEO is very consistent, he wants more and drives change to get it.

Look at the glass half full.

Nov 24, 2014CEO

Your vote of confidence is truly appreciated. After 19 years in business its good to still have that start-up culture and a lot of fun to be able to innovate with a team of great people that think ... More

Former employee

Former Employee - Photographer in Rancho Dominguez, CA
    Former Employee - Photographer in Rancho Dominguez, CA

I worked at Evox Images

Pros

A lot of friendly people on the staff
    Professional quality work

Cons

The company decided to do a 'restructuring' and laid off a ton of people without notice, warning, or anything related to performance.

Based on upper managerial decisions a lot of people were let go. This can happen. Had I known this I would have not accepted a job offer to begin with. The job hurt more than help. Companies should only hire people if they have a need for the work, not as a test or as a project. People invest time and their energies when they apply or commit to a company. Companies should respect this and only hire/fire if they have an absolute need.