Evox Images

Great Company

Current Employee - Project Manager in Rancho Dominguez, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Rancho Dominguez, CA

I have been working at Evox Images

Pros

Exciting and dynamic work environment. Great upside potential.

Cons

Having a few legacy folks who remain who "just don't get it".

Stay the course. A lot of exciting new initiatives.

I love the CG Team but the Project Manager doesn't understand what we do.

I have been working at Evox Images full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've made great connections for the future and have learned how to model accurate vehicles despite poor and inaccurate reference material.

Cons

The company lacks organization and direction, and they do not respect the CG Modelers as artists or even professionals. The company does not have the resources to provide the CG team with recent software or tools, and does not understand how CG works. Management blames others for their own mistakes and throws the modelers under the bus. Communication of goals is poor, or contradictory. The sales team makes impossible promises to clients.

Respect the CG team as professional artists and put someone in charge of the team that has experience in CG project management. Pay a somewhat competitive wage to retain talented modelers.

Disregard all of the favorable reviews: EVOX is the pursuit of misery, not for anyone, and certainly does not rock!

Former Employee - Accounting in Rancho Dominguez, CA
    Former Employee - Accounting in Rancho Dominguez, CA

I worked at Evox Images

Pros

Only one: better than not working.

Cons

Refer to the advice to management below.

Disregard all the favorable reviews because you can be assured they were coerced under duress by the owner/ceo of the company, possibly with threat of termination. They claim in the “Nightmare; only if you can’t feed yourself” post that “…we can assure you that the Company has not posted any "fake" reviews. We are proud to say that many of our employees have been stepping forward to show their solidarity and stand behind their leadership. Creating multiple identities in order to continue to post false and misleading attacks, however, goes against both the spirit and the letter of the rules and requirements of this website.” True, they may not be planted posts but they are definitely coerced. Also note you cannot find favorable reviews from former employees. Even current employees are giving unfavorable reviews and probably getting terminated in the process if the owner/ceo determines who they are.

Furthermore, pay particular attention to the composition of the so-called favorable reviews and one can easily infer they are as credible as forced confessions from beaten prisoners in third world nations. They are also veiled attempts by the owner/ceo to defend the dysfunctional Evox Images environment which is solely a product of his own creation. Specifically reference “The Pursuit of Happiness.” Who talks about any company in that manner? Completely fake. “….An employer is not obligated to provide food or coffee. Not only do we have coffee, we have fresh bean coffee! Thank you Evox!” Wow, I sure am impressed! Evox Images provides free coffee; surely no other companies do that! And fresh bean coffee, what a luxurious fringe benefit that is! More importantly, look at what is said in the Cons section, “….It is truly unfortunate to learn or hear of negativity for those who may be unhappy. I have read some of the not so nice comments, and I take this opportunity to say, if in your life’s quest you find happiness, and are satisfied with your work/health balance, then it is a good thing you are no longer at Evox because complaining is self-inflicted and harmful to your well-being, and detrimental to the Evox culture.” Huh?!? Gee, that doesn’t sound scripted and coerced. Me thinks the owner/ceo doth protest too much about the nightmarish Evox Images working conditions. Oh, I forgot, this was just another employee stepping forward to show solidarity as referenced above.

Finally, keep in perspective that the owner/ceo even attempted to post a blog in his defense here a few months ago, which Glassdoor in turn deleted as pure company propaganda. I guess he finally started to realize the game is up based on social network media sites such as Glassdoor. As it stands now, his reputation is so infamous most reputable recruiters won’t touch him or the company with a ten-foot pole.

Further note the euphemistic tone of the so-called favorable reviews, with comments such as “fast-paced, energetic and changing environment, not for everyone” and the like. Translation to the reality, which can be confirmed in the unfavorable reviews. The owner/ceo is an evil, tyrannical sociopath who changes course on a whim and micromanages employees to death so nothing ever gets done, demands employees work harder than the Egyptian slaves who built the pyramids did, compensates them poorly, berates and belittles them in the process, and ultimately terminates them en masse and also on a whim. They even have the gall to claim in their response to the “Nightmare; only if you can’t feed yourself” post that “….The last time we did a layoff was after the dot-com crash 14 years ago ...so this is not something we take lightly or do very often!” Massive lie! They have been terminating employees en masse and on the owner/ceo’s whim since inception, and they still continue this practice. Again, note all the unfavorable reviews that reference the pattern. Honestly their labor practices would be illegal in Europe.

So let me ask this of anyone entertaining the prospect of working at Evox Images. Would you really want to be in a “fast-paced, energetic and changing environment that is not for everyone” if the reality actually is so-called constant changes in direction and associated micromanagement which results in almost nothing getting accomplished, getting belittled and berated in a manner that would make Gordon Ramsey blush, demands to work like Egyptian slaves for poor compensation and not even a 401k option, and finally coming in every day with the very credible possibility of being the casualty of termination? Ever stop and think why the company constantly has openings? Probably not because it is “the pursuit of happiness” to work there and “not for everyone.” H-m-m-m, seems to me that Evox Images is the pursuit of MISERY, not for ANYONE and certainly DOES NOT ROCK. Accordingly, potential candidates should disregard all the favorable posts, unless fresh bean coffee somehow compensates for all of the above mentioned.

Worse company ever in my professional career!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Evox Images full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Awesome CG Team. Only good thing about Evox Images.

Cons

Endless list that I cannot list them all

I usually don't even bother leaving any reviews on anything unless it is necessary. I held off for too long, and this is something people should know if people even think to apply at Evox Images.

Treat your empolyees with respect and don't point fingers at others for your own fault. All I can say is, karma...this company WILL fold soon. Current employees, I highly recommend seek for other opportunities, unless you rather work at this miserable place.

And PAY ARTISTS what they deserve, instead of paying management six figures! The Management sure do not deserve it while they are working onsite for 2 full days in a week. I cannot repeat enough...worse, THE WORSE company EVER!

Micro Management

Current Employee - Specialist in Rancho Dominguez, CA
    Current Employee - Specialist in Rancho Dominguez, CA

I have been working at Evox Images full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Not reporting to the CEO

Cons

Every single detail is micromanaged and new products are launched without advance notice.

Keep your employees informed about your corporate direction and ask for their input and more importantly, respect their input.

"Stay Away"

I worked at Evox Images full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice work schedule,
    Awesome co-workers
    Laid back work environment
    No Deadlines

Cons

No room for growth
    No overtime
    Bad pay
    High turnover rate
    No raises given over the course of years
    Management has no idea what they are doing.
    laid off almost half the company recently

Hire decent managers. managers don't show favoritism people notice.

Great learning experience with sharp, intelligent people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Dominguez, CA

I have been working at Evox Images full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for large corporations and smaller companies and can easily say EVOX is the most exciting and interesting place I've encountered. The people of EVOX are among the most talented - and determined - people I have ever met. Because of the culture of EVOX, employees have a unique opportunity to develop skills that they may not have had the opportunity to learn anywhere else.

The CEO is hands-on and truly passionate about new product development and the client experience. Because of this, timelines are often compressed and course corrections swift, so being flexible and having an entrepreneurial spirit are common attributes among the employees. If you desire a workplace that regularly challenges the status quo and is on the leading edge of product innovation, you will be successful here.

EVOX is a place where most employees have direct and regular interactions with executive staff members, so professionalism and emotional maturity are very important - as in any workplace.

The casual dress code and informal work environment are a definite plus.

Cons

EVOX is fast-paced and every person is an integral part of it's success - so training sessions developed for the express purpose of transferring knowledge from one part of the organization to another would be beneficial for everyone. The more people that have precise details about critical company initiatives, the better EVOX will be able to operate efficiently, nimbly and successfully.

EVOX is advancing with new technologies and strategies rapidly, I recommend keeping your staff informed of the way forward with regular town hall meetings to help everyone be as successful and effective as possible.

The Pursuit of Happiness

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Dominguez, CA

I have been working at Evox Images full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have my dream job, where daily challenges, diversity, and accomplishments keep my motivation at an all time high. At Evox, I am honored to work with such a talented, dedicated, and intelligent team. Everyone’s contributions are the key to success. I am proud to say, I love coming to work everyday! The Evox product line is indeed, unique, innovated and brilliant! Thanks to the CEO-Founder for turning his dream to reality, and for his ambition to be the best. Thank you for the opportunity to contribute.

The management team is very much in tune with all the employees and is open to suggestions, new ideas, and follow-through. There are no broken promises. The expectations are not out of the ordinary. I have a skill set and was hired on the basis to exceptionally perform. Accountability and responsibility sets the standard, and I am able to strive to be the best. I appreciate exploring the unknown, completing projects I thought I was not capable of, and proving myself different. Kudos to me!

At Evox, we are very well taken care of. The working environment is healthy, energetic and we always have plenty to eat. Keeping it healthy too! An employer is not obligated to provide food or coffee. Not only do we have coffee, we have fresh bean coffee! Thank you Evox! I pride myself not bringing personal matters to the workplace, however there have been times it is unavoidable. I am grateful for the compassion and support shown by the CEO and management team whenever I am in need to take care of personal matters that may affect my workday. At Evox Images, we are not a number, lost in a massive conglomerate corporate environment, we are persons treated as such.

Cons

It is truly unfortunate to learn or hear of negativity for those who may be unhappy. I have read some of the not so nice comments, and I take this opportunity to say, if in your life’s quest you find happiness, and are satisfied with your work/health balance, then it is a good thing you are no longer at Evox because complaining is self inflicted and harmful to your well being, and detrimental to the Evox culture.

Continue to encourage the employees to bring forward any and all concerns. The pursuit of happiness is an attribute to the overall success, and prosperity of Evox Images.

GREAT GROUP OF TALENTED PEOPLE TO WORK WITH!

Current Contractor - Supervisor in Rancho Dominguez, CA
    Current Contractor - Supervisor in Rancho Dominguez, CA

I have been working at Evox Images as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

It is very exciting to work for a company with such high standards in the products they produce. The employees, at all levels, are friendly and helpful. The pay and benefits are competitive plus the time off (i.e. holiday, sick and vacation) is most generous.

Cons

There is a large turnover in certain staff positions. They are MAC computer user so Windows trained individuals will have an adjustment period. The office location is far from restaurants for lunch time meal choices.

Being a very conservative individual, my advice to Management would be to grow slowly. Enjoy your position in the current market share. Keep up the high standards of your product. You will not regret the efforts. Continue to value your very talented staff.

Evox Images Response

Nov 24, 2014CEO

Thank you! EVOX Rocks.... and its because of our people.

Not for everyone, but a good home for any professional who values hard work, team spirit, and is open to change.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Dominguez, CA

I have been working at Evox Images full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy what I do at Evox and have been given the opportunity to grow, make mistakes, and take on different responsibilities until the perfect fit was found.

Evox Images is a place where you can both hone and expand your professional skill set. Here, you will find yourself rubbing elbows with professionals from many different industries, so there is a lot to absorb and benefit from. If you can be both a team player and someone who can also function independently, you've got the potential to succeed at Evox.

The Culture is one of change and experimentation... Management is not afraid to try new things, sometimes at a light-speed pace.

At Evox, it is very much about the right person in the right job, so, as mentioned earlier, you might experience multiple job or title changes or see duties added-to or re-appointed elsewhere.

The CEO is the most accessible of any company that I have ever worked at. His vision has molded this company and made Evox number one. The company works as an extension of him to achieve that vision. The CEO is intense and incredibly intelligent and at the same time, not above stopping to joke with you in the hallway. His standards and expectations are indeed high for the entire company, himself included, and he asks for no less than your best each and every day.

Respect is earned here so you are expected to work hard, be productive, and conduct yourself as a professional. This is not a company where you can sit around all day checking your personal email, shooting the breeze, and watching funny stuff on You Tube. And if you truly put yourself into your work here, there is no way that you will not grow and learn a thing or two (or more) along the way.

People skills and maturity are a plus as they would be in any workplace, given that interaction and cooperation with other departments is a fairly regular requirement.

I've always appreciated that the paycheck has always been steady at Evox, something which should not be taken for granted in these tough times.

Casual dress, and a somewhat informal work environment are also enjoyable pluses.

The people here are truly the best asset of the company --- the Evox family is a very talented and eclectic group and a pleasure to work with every day.

Evox is what you make of it. If you are a mature professional and comfortable working hard at your job, flexible in your mindset, and are seeking something challenging outside of the typical corporate cookie-cutter job, you've got a home here.

Cons

The atmosphere of change can be daunting at times, but it also provides ample opportunity to learn and evolve your skill set, and definitely keeps you on your toes.

If you are someone who is adverse to change and clings to the status quo, Evox is definitely not the place for you.

Communication and cooperation between departments could stand to be improved.

I do feel that improved communication between Management and the employees in the trenches would yield positive results, especially when considering and launching new ideas or approaches.

Evox Images Response

Nov 24, 2014CEO

This is a very thoughtful review. Thank you so much for taking the time to lay out your thoughts. You have encapsulated some key aspects of our culture and values extremely well... including valuable ... More