Exact Software

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Erik van der Meijden

Tries real hard, too European in approach

Sales Director (Former Employee) Glen Ellyn, IL

ProsGood products, good people, innovative engineers

ConsLittle marketing awarness, too many processes

Advice to Senior ManagementRely on US employees to set sales and marketing approach

Good company gone bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI worked at Exact for more than 1 year but less than 10...

I loved the company and everything it stood for when I first started. Then as the years went on and America started losing control it all went downhill. We were a name, not a number. We cared for each other and Human Resources were just that...human resources.

ConsU.S. lost all control to the parent company in the Netherlands and many great, talented people lost their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are not Microsoft, stop acting like it. I've never met anyone in the U.S. that has ever heard of Exact or its products. First try establishing yourself here in America and earn the right to flaunt later. And don't forget...it's your U.S. employees that make Exact what it is here, try to remember that too.

Not worth the effort

ProsI like the people I work with on a day to day basis.

ConsThere is no opportunity for advancement. My supervisor has asked for a promotion for me for 2 years and despite excellent reviews, I have been told there is no room in the budget for advancement.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

New direction for business- investment and growth, dedication to customers and employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsUpward mobility, compensation, management, passion

ConsLots of change (pro and con!), some question of job security, work/life balance is a bit off

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are great at supporting and encouraging your teams. Senior management is amazing at communicating challenges and accomplishments and rewarding success.

Unless you have no choice!

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsGood team in the US, stable product proven in small european markets.

ConsFalse starts in markets outside Holland are largely due to this organization's inability to cede "go to market" control to those markets. Insistence on running everything from Holland adds cost, complexity and continues to mean missed expectations in the very markets critical to their growth. Absurd performance goals mean they never have to pay performance bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from your past mistakes. Find some humility - being the #1 software company in the smallest country in Europe doesn't mean you know everything. Continued failures outside your comfort zone indicate otherwise.
    Ignorance and arrogance are a not a great combination.

The America's region had a great Executive Team.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company culture in the America's region was driven by the America's Executive Team. The entire team had an open door policy and worked day and night to the keep the employees feel like they were part of an entrepreneur environment. The America's team survived 4 Corporate CEOs within 4 years, they had to follow some tough decisions made by Corporate behind the scenes but always fighting for the employees and the customers. I respected them and worked very well with them.

ConsThe company went through 4 Corporate CEOs in less than 4 years. There were too many changes and I heard eventually with the 4th CEO he terminated the Executive team and closed the HQ offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to the Corporate Executives, People are not just spaces, they have faces make contact with them, talk to them, get to know who your people you would be amazed at the great talent you have that you don't even know about.

No longer focusing on customers or employees

ProsLoyal customers and partners trusting the relationship they have built over the years with Exacts various product lines.

ConsProduct development, support and services are cut to a minimum levels, jeopardizing customer relationships. Employees in the Americas are not treated with the same levels as in Europe -- compensation and benefits are reduced and no longer competitive to retain top talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on customers and employees and the results will follow

Excellent co-workers with an average company.

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed the opportunity to interact with many wonderful customers and to work closely with a lot of excellent co-workers on various challenging projects.

ConsTechnology is dated and not keeping up with the latest trends and advances. While employed, Exact attempts to treat their employees well. On the way out, they do not treat their employees well at all.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Stay away from this one..........

Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee)

ProsIt's a job! That is about it!

ConsPoor executive management team. No R & D investment in product line. Stagnant product with no direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementExtract your head from your arse!

Exact Employee review

ProsExact has a complete compliment of software for small manufacturing and distribution businesses. It's products are first class. Its Synergy product can quickly automate and drive small business customer service efficiencies. Exact gives its employees a lot of independence and is really good about letting employees work from home.

ConsWhile Exact spends industry average budget amounts on product development, it has a very small sales and marketing budget, making sales growth difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementMust find a way to compete in generating new business while on a tight sales and marketing budget. Continue doing a great job innovating on the product side.

Worked for Exact Software? Contribute to the Community!