ExactTarget Marketing Cloud

ExactTarget Marketing Cloud Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

ExactTarget Marketing Cloud CEO Scott McCorkle

Scott McCorkle

Pros
  • Fast paced, lots of ambitious smart coworkers, great benefits(in 13 reviews)

• And, work life balance is a focus of the company - in a real way - that allows the best to shine through(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Difficulty of maintaining positive work-life balance(in 14 reviews)

• There is no doubt the work environment is fast-paced and expectations to produce are high(in 10 reviews)

Great Culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCulture, environment, opportunities, leadership team, team members

ConsWork-life balance can be a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Interesting work, if you can tolerate the atmosphere.

Production Consultant (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsSome great people and minds, exposure to some great brands and technology. They value their culture and it shows.

ConsPromotions, at least at the lower levels, are pretty hard to come by. You'll see the same people getting promoted because they are well known, not because the quality of their work merits it. It felt like a fraternity, run by a bunch of good ol' boys.

Advice to Senior ManagementTame the bros that are in upper management, and show some respect and attention to those who just quietly do their work with little fanfre.

Great people, comp and benefits don't compete outside of Indy

ProsET is full of great people, and for the most part the core people still act like a start-up. Let's be honest, Midwest people are just some of nicest people around. If you live in Indy there are a lot of great opportunities
    The sincerity of leadership and the people quickly make you happy to go to work, I actually consider 90% of the people I worked with friends.

If you manage your time and have a general interest in the technology there are tons of things to do. I've dabbled in product sessions, support workshop hours, custom app dev, etc. All while doing my day job.

Because Indy is small most of the talented people in the area end up at ET. A lot of talent resides in the town, and the C level team strives to keep the company local.

ConsOnly Product jobs are in Indy.
    Comp is only great if you live in the Midwest, if you're hired to work in a remote office be prepared to work with clients of similar skills sets that will make a lot more than you.
    Benefits are not equal per locale, some offices get parking, food, gyms, subway passes, etc.
    Simply because that's the bare min to acquire people in that locale, too bad for you if you don't live there.

PTO is really poor compared to our parent company SalesForce
    Benefits are not up to par with our parent company SalesForce, try to find ET benefits and then find SF benefits. You'll notice ET's benefits are impossible to find and SF brags about theirs. That should be your sign.
    If you're assigned to SOW in Services or Support, there is little to no incentive to move you into something challenging. Most changes are done because of attrition as the organization are pretty flat outside of product.

Salary bands don't exist, or if they do they are very lax.
    It's common someone on your team negotiated really hard and someone just took a college entry job. HR still doesn't have a classification for all skill sets in the field.

SaaS margins puts a huge amount of pressure within Support/Services orgs, teams are currently being forced to find ways to offshore aspect of their work to India.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The most employee friendly company in Indy

Marketing Associate (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGood people, respect, snack rooms, meaningful work, philanthropy, ORANGE!

ConsIndy isn't always the most fascinating city

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Always-on, fast-paced, semi-organized chaos

Technical Producer (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsSmart, friendly and professional co-workers.
    Flexible hours.
    Free snacks and drinks.
    Lots of positive energy.
    Very good at marketing.

ConsDifficulty of maintaining positive work-life balance.
    A pressure to be working at all hours.
    Poor communication and documentation, resulting in different teams re-inventing the wheel.

Advice to Senior ManagementTransfer some of the entertainment funds to create teams that focus on development of up-to-date documentation, best practices and tools that allow the Services team to succeed.

The best culture!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsExactTarget allows you to be innovative and share ideas, there is optimal opportunity to learn and grow. The HR Team is bar none they really know how to care for their employees coming in and going out. CEO and COO are hands on type of people even as the company grows beyond belief. The opportunity to meet and greet clients and be a part of the annual conference is priceless.

ConsBecause it is a fast paced environment, sometimes decisions are made to quickly that can ultimately cause friction when things do not go as planned. Sometimes folks are promoted based on time in service over whether they are truly qualified for all aspects of the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR wouldn't change a thing, Directors and Middle management listen to the folks in the trenches a bit closer, they may be able to save the team and the company time and money. Be willing to try new ideas even though you may feel you are stretching.

Flexible workplace

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsQuick growth, lots of money thrown around for technology and parties. Very flexible work/life balance. Work from home options were excellent.

ConsThe quick growth really stretched some business processes, and some people got lost in the shuffle.

Fast-paced, changing

Project Manager (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsLots of room for experimentation

ConsThe wheel is reinvented all the time

Directionless

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsFree snacks, coffee, soda. Work in downtown Indianapolis. Amazing co-workers. Pretty laid back atmosphere. Many different opportunities and projects going on. If you wanted, you could possibly work on a new project every six months to a year (after you've been there long enough and built up relationships with other people/teams). Even though we are way understaffed, they actually have realistic expectations and don't overwork and burn out their employees (which is amazing).

ConsThings definitely changing after purchase by SalesForce.com. Becoming much more bureaucratic and annoying. Much less mutual respect and trust and much more "top-down" management approach. Before SF purchase, you were a cog in the wheel in the hands of a loving watchmaker. After SF purchase, you are a cog in the wheel on the wrist of an aggrandizing marketing "visionary". Way understaffed. Morale is at an all-time low after purchase.

Advice to Senior ManagementCling tightly to your trust and your respect of and for your employees and your midwest mindset. Make Salesforce pry it out of your cold-dead fingers.

Great Place to work

ProsUpper management has big plans. Lots of potential for growth

ConsNeed more people to keep up with growth. Middle management needs to be trained better

Advice to Senior ManagementSend middle tier management to training. Some lack people skills

Worked for ExactTarget Marketing Cloud? Contribute to the Community!