ExactTarget Marketing Cloud Reviews

Scott McCorkle

Internship

Former Intern - Slingshot in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Intern - Slingshot in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible
    Challenging
    Fun
    It was really fun, I was able to meet a lot of the Execs including the previous CEO and the current one. The company is still small enough that you can meet a lot of people and feel like its a small family.

Cons

Interns are mixed with both the tech and sales people. So sometimes the events don't fit one of the two groups and it can get boring.

2. Enablement Consultant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work. I love the culture, the fast pace, and the change is constant!

Cons

Benefit disparities, and post-acquisition it seems like career paths are a bit hazy. No one is certain what initiatives will live on or not.

Advice to Management

Isn't it time for the Indy Tower already??! :)

Great team

Former Employee - Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice benefits, great events, fun team.

Cons

Was acquired so there was some frustration in the lack of information received during the process but that's to be expected.

One of Indy's best employers.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

There are lots of great people in every area. Most coworkers are friendly, intelligent and passionate. There are fun problems to work on. The culture is great.

Cons

Fast growth has led to certain challenges, specifically in terms of onboarding and complexity. It also feels like we're an afterthought to Salesforce. We're starting to get some of their benefits, but salary and especially bonus discrepancies continue to be the norm according to Glassdoor reports.

Advice to Management

If we're all in with Salesforce, let's be all in. A student loan refinancing program like Apple recently introduced would be life changing for many.

Great entry level opportunities. Burn and low pay relative to other cities.

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Loved working in teams, great culture and work space.

Cons

Moved to Indy from Ann Arbor. Indy was not too exciting and little other tech employers. My partner and I ended up with great jobs in Chicago with much better pay and benefits.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have a larger Midwest corporate presence in Chicago.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are fantastic. ExactTarget turly hires rock stars and it shows in how successful the firm is. The culture allows people to be flexible with hours.

Cons

For an innovative company, everyone is too concerned about changes. Culture will change and that is ok.

Advice to Management

Quit being so concerned about losing the ExactTarget culture. As a firm grows, culture will change and that is acceptable.

8. BEST COMPANY EVER!

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, people, process and software are all great things this company does WELL.

Cons

I don't have any Cons to report!

9. ExactTarget really is good to their employees.

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is pretty laid back, and most people are friendly and willing to help.

Cons

There are 2 cons in my mind: 1) The reward for good work is more work. 2) They say that they follow agile methodologies, but it is really a crude bastardization of disconnected process.

10. There is nothing in the world like ORANGE.

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being pushed to the limits professionally and creatively day in and day out, being surrounded by similar personalities with the ability to constantly collaborate, perks are fantastic too (working from home or the rooftop).

Cons

At it's busiest it's all-consuming but part of that is everyone wants to give 110% of all time because they love not only the company but who the work with. Team's are tight-knit.

Advice to Management

The only advice I'd offer is with the chance for promotion looking into some sort of equity refresh as proven employees grow in position and responsibility.

11. If you like to go fast, ET is the place for you!

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities to work with fantastic, fun and caring people. The culture is positive from top down. ET lives their core values where other companies just don't make the investment.

I am challenged EVERY day in my work and it's been a resume building opportunity especially with the integration with salesforce.com. Lot's of job security and crazy benefits. $100 per month for wellness, Massage Mondays, fully stocked kitchens on every floor and lots of other perks other companies just don't offer in the Indy area.

Cons

The pace can be hard to keep up at times. When they say fast paced they mean it! Those who can not change direction quickly will have a hard time.

Advice to Management

Communication and change management has been tough with deeper integration into salesforce.com. Teams are committed to success just need to slow down sometimes to catch up.

ExactTarget Marketing Cloud Photos