ExactTarget Marketing Cloud

ExactTarget Marketing Cloud Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

ExactTarget Marketing Cloud CEO Scott McCorkle

Scott McCorkle

Pros
  • Fast paced, lots of ambitious smart coworkers, great benefits (in 13 reviews)

• And, work life balance is a focus of the company - in a real way - that allows the best to shine through (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Difficulty of maintaining positive work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• There is no doubt the work environment is fast-paced and expectations to produce are high (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Working at ExactTarget is rewarding and provides innovative experiences.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe ORANGE culture at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud is infused throughout every aspect of business. Being Orange means being easy to do business with, making customers look like heroes -- to me it means being nice, helpful, and positive (even about the un-fun stuff).
    Employees at ExactTarget are fun, bright, and congenial -- can you say that about where you work? We all have a common goal to continue to provide the world's only platform to build and manage 1:1 customer journeys with some of the top brands of the world as our customers.
    With fabulous benefits including paid volunteer time off, wellness reimbursement, competitive health, vision, and dental, an ever-improving 401K, as well as plenty of PTO -- ET employees have a lot to be grateful for.

ConsWhat can I say? ExactTarget offers talent management and development programs, training plans for new and existing employees, PTO, and has leadership that promotes innovation.
    My one complaint would be the lack of women in leadership, particularly on the exec team. Perhaps with the leadership of veteran ET exec and new CEO, Scott McCorkle, ExactTarget will work to develop and maintain women in valuable leadership roles.

ExactTarget Marketing Cloud

Account Executive (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsOne of the best companies I have worked for, From the CEO to the security guards everyone is friendly and means well. Everyone is on the same page when it comes to being focused and growing the company to what it was envisioned for. Salesforce is now our partner and is treating us as such, they do not interfere but help in what we need.

ConsStill a lot of unknown when it comes to the future. Everything seems great but in the end who really knows.

Great place to work because culture!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThis is a great company to work for because the company has great values.

Treat people well
        Be easy to do business with
        Stay true to permission
        Make clients look like heroes
        Empower marketers through software
        Make decisions like an owner
        Have an entrepreneurial spirit
        Pursue goals as a team

ConsThere is no child care support.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great communication of expectations from the top to the bottom, ExactTarget Marketing Cloud is well aligned.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsIt is a positive fun environment, I work in very close proximity to some of the executive team and they are down to earth people, great to be able to see the people who run the company so transparently.

ConsOur parent company salesforce.com has a few things to work on with integration but our relationship seems to be working okay.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better parking benefits, its a fortune to park in the city and our partners, parent and many of our competitors get free parking.

Great so far, and it's only just begun

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsI've been here for some time now and while every company will hit bumps in the road, I think it's more so about how the organization chooses to handle those bumps than anything else. ExactTarget has proven that through complicated integration of systems, growing at a very fast rate, and transitioning leadership it can prevail with only optimism. The culture remains very much intact, evident in the environment in Indianapolis as well as the new employees coming onboard. The benefits continue to improve with VTO days, a great ESPP, and more to come in the New Year. Overall, it's nice to be part of a company that is so excited about it's future and does all it can to engage it's employees in that excitement.

ConsVery fast paced environment and business needs seem to change at the drop of a hat- you need to understand how to be flexible, which is a challenge to many.

Best Company I've Ever Worked For

Anonymous (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsSalesforce ExactTarget is amazing. I can definitely see why we are consistently ranked as one of the Top Places to Work. At the end of the day, it's the people of ExactTarget that have made me find this company to be so special. We have created and maintained this internal culture, which we simply define as "Orange." As a result, I have the opportunity to work with some of the most innovative, kind, smart, and hardworking people I've ever met. From leadership down, we all try to follow strong ethical values for our customers, for the community, for ourselves.
    One of my favorite things is how they always seem to be giving back. I feel like I'm a valued employee because ExactTarget thanks their employees. Not just verbally, once a year at the holiday party cramped into a break room - but with quantifiable actions, benefits, and rewards.

• Growth opportunities that include yearly reviews with internal promotions encouraged
    • Career development courses, tuition reimbursement (up to $5000/year after 1 year at ET), mentorship opportunities, and a dedicated Talent Management team to support you
    • Networking opportunities (ie ExactWIN - our Women's Inspirational Network, ExactFun - They plan over 40+ social events like going to the Indian's game with the family, drinks and apps at Howl at the Moon, our annual holiday party at Crane Bay etc)
    • Volunteering opportunities encouraged by the company (6 Volunteering Days off/year, ExactImpact and ExactFoundation - organizations that participates in local service and grant opportunities with organizations like Gleaners, Habitat for Humanity, as well as local schools and hospitals.)
    • Reasonable time off. PTO: 15 days Holidays: 13 days
    • Strong benefits package including health, dental, vision, and 401k
    • Equity for Full Time Hires
    • Wellness Bucks: $100/month for gym memberships, personal trainers, sports lessons, and/or massages
    • Free 24/7 Gym membership, Bikeshare membership, onsite classes with options for yoga classes/cross-fit/kickboxing
    • Cell phone ($150/mo) and internet compensation ($50/mo) at managerial discretion
    • Flex time and telecommuting options
    • Lots of free things: free snacks, free good coffee, free drinks, free "swag- bags, shirts, general stuff", often free leftover catered lunches in the breakrooms and a free mobile app that tells you what we have, occasionally free sporting events (Colts, Pacers) and musical concerts giveaways
    • Casual and open work environment

ConsYou have to be open to change, which can be hard for some. Our environment evolves rapidly and it's not necessarily for the faint of heart. If you are looking to clock in and out, or looking to do the same thing every day, I would not think this would be the ideal environment for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. Keep up the ability for all employees to voice their questions, concerns, and ideas for the company’s future.

Innovative Tech Company Leading the Way in Indianapolis

ProsExactTarget Marketing Cloud is a fast-paced digital marketing company that provides many opportunities for those who are willing to step up to the plate and take on a challenge. Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) is a great opportunity that is available for ExactTarget employees as part of the acquisition by Salesforce.

ConsI can't think of many cons that I've encountered thus far.

Rudderless Ship

ProsSome bright employees, good technology

ConsZero leadership, no communication, some commission checks take forever to collect, no accountability. Fake culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend less time worrying about image and operate a business. Cut costs, not employees. Stop spending when you are not making a profit. Lifers made $ on SFDC purchase - newer folks did not. Those who did are the leadership who no longer care about operating a business.

ExactTarget

Account Executive (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGreat company culture, with strong YoY growth. Have enjoyed 3 successful years here. Benefits are good and CEO Scott Dorsey is an amazing leader.

ConsGrowth at such a quick and rampant rate can cause for a lot of employee shifting from job to job. That sometimes can cause concern or confusion for the end clients.

A balanced life and challenging career: It's possible.

Program Manager (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsA great company with smart, positive, and helpful people. Whether it's client relations, knowledge sharing or volunteerism, people here give their best. And, work life balance is a focus of the company - in a real way - that allows the best to shine through.

ConsYou certainly have to be able to operate independently and able to find answers on your own without hand holding. There are plenty of resources to tap, but not always time.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue investing in culture, in knowledge sharing and

Worked for ExactTarget Marketing Cloud? Contribute to the Community!