ExactTarget Marketing Cloud

Updated December 18, 2014
4.1

ExactTarget Marketing Cloud CEO Scott McCorkle
Scott McCorkle

Pros
  • Fast paced, lots of ambitious smart coworkers, great benefits (in 13 reviews)

• And, work life balance is a focus of the company - in a real way - that allows the best to shine through (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Difficulty of maintaining positive work-life balance (in 15 reviews)

• The fast paced, dynamic environment makes it challenging to un-plug (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

The fast-paced environment and wonderful culture have influenced me to accept a full-time offer here from my internship.

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud

Pros

Best places to work, culture, fast-paced, tons of promotional opportunities

Cons

learning curve when you begin

needs to filter down initiatives more frequently to continue alignment

Used to be a great place to work

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Like many in Indianapolis, getting hired at ET was like the pinnacle of working in local tech. With amazing benefits and agile teams, it's no wonder the company grew so quickly and hired so many kind and talented folks. It's still a better place to work than almost anywhere else in Indy... at least if you don't get laid off.

Cons

Nowadays, things are completely different as ET gets 100% assimilated into Salesforce. It's a shame that the orange culture we all loved is going by the wayside. A large number of people have recently been laid off as part of the integration, and the company culture is just much less warm and innovative. Now it takes many levels of bureaucracy to get things done and it's more of a cutthroat environment.

Let the orange people be orange. I wish this rating could be of the old ET, because that was a truly great company.

One of Indy's best employers.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are lots of great people in every area. Most coworkers are friendly, intelligent and passionate. There are fun problems to work on. The culture is great.

Cons

Fast growth has led to certain challenges, specifically in terms of onboarding and complexity. It also feels like we're an afterthought to Salesforce. We're starting to get some of their benefits, but salary and especially bonus discrepancies continue to be the norm according to Glassdoor reports.

If we're all in with Salesforce, let's be all in. A student loan refinancing program like Apple recently introduced would be life changing for many.

Great entry level opportunities. Burn and low pay relative to other cities.

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Loved working in teams, great culture and work space.

Cons

Moved to Indy from Ann Arbor. Indy was not too exciting and little other tech employers. My partner and I ended up with great jobs in Chicago with much better pay and benefits.

It would be great to have a larger Midwest corporate presence in Chicago.

Great job for the right folks!

Pros

Love the culture of ExactTarget. I love my team to death. I enjoy the work and the fast pace that we operate in.

Cons

I think there are certain positions that are simply too demanding. Programmers especially seem to get the short end of the stick - but I also have no frame of reference for if that is the norm for those job types or not.

Manage the transition to salesforce as best as you can! Keep the great benefits and keep fostering a culture of innovation and we'll do just fine.

Internship

Former Employee - Slingshot in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Slingshot in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible
    Challenging
    Fun
    It was really fun, I was able to meet a lot of the Execs including the previous CEO and the current one. The company is still small enough that you can meet a lot of people and feel like its a small family.

Cons

Interns are mixed with both the tech and sales people. So sometimes the events don't fit one of the two groups and it can get boring.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are fantastic. ExactTarget turly hires rock stars and it shows in how successful the firm is. The culture allows people to be flexible with hours.

Cons

For an innovative company, everyone is too concerned about changes. Culture will change and that is ok.

Quit being so concerned about losing the ExactTarget culture. As a firm grows, culture will change and that is acceptable.

BEST COMPANY EVER!

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Culture, people, process and software are all great things this company does WELL.

Cons

I don't have any Cons to report!

ExactTarget really is good to their employees.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

The atmosphere is pretty laid back, and most people are friendly and willing to help.

Cons

There are 2 cons in my mind: 1) The reward for good work is more work. 2) They say that they follow agile methodologies, but it is really a crude bastardization of disconnected process.

Best. Job. Ever.

Current Employee - Senior Campaign Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Campaign Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Just going to come off as a super-fan, and I do know I am still in the "Honeymoon phase", but hard not to when you're treated like a hero from day-one. The first week of training (affectionately known as "NEO") is like a conference/school atmosphere with "speakers" that range from not just HR getting you on-boarded, but experts in the various fields of ET. Everyone is gun-ho about the culture and it really rubs off. Just a spectacular feeling to be wanted, appreciated and trained with such care and concern. It is very obvious there is a specific "type" that is hired and it's great to fit in with lots of like-minded, caring and technically capable and earnest people. LOTS of work to do, but worth working hard at it!

Cons

The merge of Salesforce and ET has made accessing some systems extremely difficult at times with more the one help desk to turn to and a lot of misunderstand of responsibility. Seems like "growing pains" but likely just the timing and will get worked out over time.

Keep the Orange culture going! It's beyond infectious.

ExactTarget Marketing Cloud Photos