ExactTarget Marketing Cloud Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. There is nothing in the world like ORANGE.

Current Employee - Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being pushed to the limits professionally and creatively day in and day out, being surrounded by similar personalities with the ability to constantly collaborate, perks are fantastic too (working from home or the rooftop).

Cons

At it's busiest it's all-consuming but part of that is everyone wants to give 110% of all time because they love not only the company but who the work with. Team's are tight-knit.

Advice to Management

The only advice I'd offer is with the chance for promotion looking into some sort of equity refresh as proven employees grow in position and responsibility.

Fast growing, looking for innovation, seeing some growing pains

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ExactTarget is a great company with lots of benefits and opportunities to grow your career. You can drive your own career path.

Cons

ExactTarget leads the industry and wants to hold on to that spot. However, as they grow they are falling into the same issues as their competitors: How do we keep the small company appeal with thousands of employees? They are struggling at the moment. A lot of changes in leadership and new policies put in place that bring down that start up feel.

Advice to Management

Quit enforcing bad policies that only benefit the executive teams. Go back to seeing individual contributors as gold-mines and stop looking at managers as the next wave of innovation. Your people will make you money, not the managers.

3. Great business and people, prior to acquisition

Former Employee - Sales in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time

Pros

Fine place for a cog in a machine.

Cons

Most of the innovators have left/are leaving post acquisition.

Best Company I've Ever Worked For

Current Employee - Anonymous in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salesforce ExactTarget is amazing. I can definitely see why we are consistently ranked as one of the Top Places to Work. At the end of the day, it's the people of ExactTarget that have made me find this company to be so special. We have created and maintained this internal culture, which we simply define as "Orange." As a result, I have the opportunity to work with some of the most innovative, kind, smart, and hardworking people I've ever met. From leadership down, we all try to follow strong ethical values for our customers, for the community, for ourselves. One of my favorite things is how they always seem to be giving back. I feel like I'm a valued employee because ExactTarget thanks their employees. Not just verbally, once a year at the holiday party cramped into a break room - but with quantifiable actions, benefits, and rewards. • Growth opportunities that include yearly reviews with internal promotions encouraged • Career development courses, tuition reimbursement (up to $5000/year after 1 year at ET), mentorship opportunities, and a dedicated Talent Management team to support you • Networking opportunities (ie ExactWIN - our Women's Inspirational Network, ExactFun - They plan over 40+ social events like going to the Indian's game with the family, drinks and apps at Howl at the Moon, our annual holiday party at Crane Bay etc) • Volunteering opportunities encouraged by the company (6 Volunteering Days off/year, ExactImpact and ExactFoundation - organizations that participates in local service and grant opportunities with organizations like Gleaners, Habitat for Humanity, as well as local schools and hospitals.) • Reasonable time off. PTO: 15 days Holidays: 13 days • Strong benefits package including health, dental, vision, and 401k • Equity for Full Time Hires • Wellness Bucks: $100/month for gym memberships, personal trainers, sports lessons, and/or massages • Free 24/7 Gym membership, Bikeshare membership, onsite classes with options for yoga classes/cross-fit/kickboxing • Cell phone ($150/mo) and internet compensation ($50/mo) at managerial discretion • Flex time and telecommuting options • Lots of free things: free snacks, free good coffee, free drinks, free "swag- bags, shirts, general stuff", often free leftover catered lunches in the breakrooms and a free mobile app that tells you what we have, occasionally free sporting events (Colts, Pacers) and musical concerts giveaways • Casual and open work environment

Cons

You have to be open to change, which can be hard for some. Our environment evolves rapidly and it's not necessarily for the faint of heart. If you are looking to clock in and out, or looking to do the same thing every day, I would not think this would be the ideal environment for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Keep up the ability for all employees to voice their questions, concerns, and ideas for the company’s future.

ExactTarget Marketing Cloud

Former Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best companies I have worked for, From the CEO to the security guards everyone is friendly and means well. Everyone is on the same page when it comes to being focused and growing the company to what it was envisioned for. Salesforce is now our partner and is treating us as such, they do not interfere but help in what we need.

Cons

Still a lot of unknown when it comes to the future. Everything seems great but in the end who really knows.

Great communication of expectations from the top to the bottom, ExactTarget Marketing Cloud is well aligned.

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a positive fun environment, I work in very close proximity to some of the executive team and they are down to earth people, great to be able to see the people who run the company so transparently.

Cons

Our parent company salesforce.com has a few things to work on with integration but our relationship seems to be working okay.

Advice to Management

Provide better parking benefits, its a fortune to park in the city and our partners, parent and many of our competitors get free parking.

8. Great place to work because culture!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for because the company has great values. Treat people well Be easy to do business with Stay true to permission Make clients look like heroes Empower marketers through software Make decisions like an owner Have an entrepreneurial spirit Pursue goals as a team

Cons

There is no child care support.

9. Great so far, and it's only just begun

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud (More than a year)

Pros

I've been here for some time now and while every company will hit bumps in the road, I think it's more so about how the organization chooses to handle those bumps than anything else. ExactTarget has proven that through complicated integration of systems, growing at a very fast rate, and transitioning leadership it can prevail with only optimism. The culture remains very much intact, evident in the environment in Indianapolis as well as the new employees coming onboard. The benefits continue to improve with VTO days, a great ESPP, and more to come in the New Year. Overall, it's nice to be part of a company that is so excited about it's future and does all it can to engage it's employees in that excitement.

Cons

Very fast paced environment and business needs seem to change at the drop of a hat- you need to understand how to be flexible, which is a challenge to many.

10. Working at ExactTarget is rewarding and provides innovative experiences.

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ORANGE culture at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud is infused throughout every aspect of business. Being Orange means being easy to do business with, making customers look like heroes -- to me it means being nice, helpful, and positive (even about the un-fun stuff). Employees at ExactTarget are fun, bright, and congenial -- can you say that about where you work? We all have a common goal to continue to provide the world's only platform to build and manage 1:1 customer journeys with some of the top brands of the world as our customers. With fabulous benefits including paid volunteer time off, wellness reimbursement, competitive health, vision, and dental, an ever-improving 401K, as well as plenty of PTO -- ET employees have a lot to be grateful for.

Cons

What can I say? ExactTarget offers talent management and development programs, training plans for new and existing employees, PTO, and has leadership that promotes innovation. My one complaint would be the lack of women in leadership, particularly on the exec team. Perhaps with the leadership of veteran ET exec and new CEO, Scott McCorkle, ExactTarget will work to develop and maintain women in valuable leadership roles.

Rudderless Ship

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some bright employees, good technology

Cons

Zero leadership, no communication, some commission checks take forever to collect, no accountability. Fake culture.

Advice to Management

Spend less time worrying about image and operate a business. Cut costs, not employees. Stop spending when you are not making a profit. Lifers made $ on SFDC purchase - newer folks did not. Those who did are the leadership who no longer care about operating a business.

RSS Feed </> Embed