ExamSoft Worldwide

ExamSoft Worldwide Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Daniel Muzquiz

An Awesome Family

ProsThis is an environment to thrive in. Each day you grow through the leadership of the company. They expect big things and big things are happening each and every day. The salaries are average to high compared to the industry. At the end of the day, you get to work with talented and passionate people which improving eduction for students. What could be better than that?

ConsThe office is running out of space. Not a bad problem to have since the company is experiencing a lot of growth. Meeting space is limited due to this, but the team works well and it doesn't slow anyone down.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. We are going places and it is exciting to be a part of the team.

Not a bad place to start

Support Employee (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

Proscan gain valuable experience using parature and salesforce, good way to break into the industry, they teach you how to support i-pad customers

Consthey took the food away, commissions can be non-existent, long hours during bar weeks, hard to understand who is your friend (very political process), fast overturn of employees (not a long term destination)

Advice to Senior Managementcentralize roles, try to give more company days off, increase worker morale

ExamSoft Worldwide Talent Manager responded to this review

Jul 18, 2014

All offices are given snacks on a monthly basis- we have anything from chips to soup to cookies to fruit. We also have drinks- sodas, water, coffee.

Commissions are not part of the support team's
    ... More

Unpaid Overtime, Poor Profit Sharing, Anxiety Driven Company

Software (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsWork extra hours for free experience, food once a month

ConsRubrics is broken and doesn't work, software full of bugs, unrealistic sales goals for sales team and account management. Terrible bonus, high overturn of workforce, mandatory overtime (is this even legal?), no profit sharing (no stock options) and does not pay commission. I had a lot of commission money owed to me and the company did not pay me a single penny. They will fire you before you are due a bonus or big commission check and not pay you.

They can fire you here for no reason. When I worked here, I saw two of my close work friends get fired and nothing but a 2-line e-mail goes out, no severance pay, no job security. Cost of living is also high in South Florida.

The company is really squeezing everyone and having them work all kinds of extra hours and do jobs that are way out of their scope of responsibilities. No salary increase for 2 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop working your employees to death.

ExamSoft Worldwide Talent Manager responded to this review

Jul 11, 2014

Employee departures are confidential, as are the terms of separation. This information is not broadcast to the company as it again is confidential.
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Where you never see the sun, and the work never ends.....

Employee (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsThere are some very good honest hard-working folks here who are really trying to make a difference and start their careers. Some very intelligent and dedicated people who truly care about helping the company and trying to get ahead.

ConsExtremely demanding and selfish company -- when I started out, I would get home at 5, then 5:30, then 6, then 7, and some nights working as long as 8 or 9 o'clock, losing out on valuable family time, only to be told that I need to do more. ExamSoft will relentlessly exploit the workforce with no regard for their personal well-being. Worker burnout and stress is a very serious issue here, and if you want any type of family life outside of Examsoft, it can be very difficult with the workload. In addition, workers are pushed out the door here just as fast as they arrive in some cases. Good people would get shown the door here on a regular basis and no reasons were ever given.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiding behind the guiding principle of everything being done here is for the good of education. This is a FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION looking to exploit education by creating hidden examtaker fees and selling costly add-ons to institutions, which in turn cause the students to have to pay an increased rate.

Improving Education And Lives

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsThere isn't another company like this one out there. The atmosphere is excellent and the people you will work with are all passionate with what they're doing. Transparency and communication between divisions and members of the team is high and trust me, you can't find better managers than here. The benefits are good and there is -always- cake.

ConsThe work environment can be demanding and expectations are always high. However, this isn't at all a bad thing because it keeps you motivated and sharp.

beware!! shady company

Servant (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

Prosto get an interview you pass an IQ test, relaxed dress code, a place to gain experience towards better company

Conspile on work until you quit or are fired, micro managers, follow their shady practices, do not work here if you are from out of state

Advice to Senior Managementstop making your workers do jobs completely unrelated to their job title, stop terrible micro mismanagement, give your workers MLK day off

Great Company with a Bright Future

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsGreat people, enough cannot be said about this. There is a lot of talent in this company and the team does a great job hiring employees- they hire the best.

Work environment is laid back and fun- there are tons of culture building activities like pot lucks, spirit weeks, company events, etc. It has a family feel.

Exec team does a good job conveying the company mission/vision and getting everyone excited and passionate about the product.

ConsIt can be demanding. Because they hire the best, the best is expected. Everyone works hard and is extremely dedicated, but it can be a challenge if this is not your work ethic/dna. You will have late nights, might work on the weekend from time to time (at home), but there is also a flexibility with the company that makes up for this. Again this is not for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the company grows, work to maintain the small company feel that is there. Continue to allow for flexibility as work demands grow- this makes a huge difference.

The Company I Hope To Retire With

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThis company really cares about what they are doing and not just about the bottom line. Management allows me flexibility and to actually do my job, bringing new and innovative ideas to the plate, bottom line, they trust me. They spend a lot of time finding the right personality matches so everyone enjoys working together as a team. Great benefits also accompany excellent management, good pay and wonderful working conditions.

ConsWe do work hard as employees and we are expected to do our best, this really isn't a con because the right people that really have pride in what they do and want to really help kids learn are a perfect fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be who you are!

An amazing company that truly cares about their employees

Marketing (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe biggest pro about this company is the laid back atmosphere. ExamSoft understands that everyone is most productive when they work the way that is best for them - come in early, come in late, in the beanbag, at a desk, stop for a pingpong break, pull an all-nighter - whatever! With two small kids at home, having the flexibility to work from home when I need to is amazing as well.

ConsThis isn't necessarily a 'con', but in order to play hard, we all work very hard. As a growing company, everyone is expected to pull their weight (and sometimes then some) to get everything done in order for us to continue to grow. This is a fast-paced work environment that requires a lot of self-motivation.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring the amazing people that will take our company in the right direction!

I love my job!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsEvery single time I tell my friends what I do, or really if I even mention some small little detail about the benefits of working at ExamSoft, they respond with things like "you're so lucky" or "I wish my job let me do that!" or "do you know how much you should be thankful for where you work?" ExamSoft is a great company that is so flexible and respectful of the fact that I'm not just a worker bee--I'm an actual, respected human with a face and a name who is working to grow the company. That's not typical.

ConsThe bean bags I sit in to do most of my work are sometimes so comfortable I almost fall asleep. And all the cake we eat (because we celebrate EVERYBODY's birthday with cake) is just too delicious. And once my wrist got sore from playing ping pong with the CEO. #thestruggle

Worked for ExamSoft Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!