ExamSoft Worldwide

3.5

Daniel Muzquiz

Fast paced and challenging

I have been working at ExamSoft Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company really does treat people like family, it's that perfect size where it's large enough to be significant but small enough to not feel stiff and too corporate. I have a phenomenal boss who allows me lots of room to do my job the way that maximizes my strengths and who mentors me. It is a fun group of people to work with, ceo down anyone is approachable.

Cons

You have to want it. It's not for the slow paced, show up do my job don't care about it and go home types. It's a place where if you're not bought in and you aren't ready to run with everyone you could have a frustrating experience and not enjoy it. I've looked at glass door and i know many of the people who've written negative reviews, they weren't the right fit - this company is in some ways a startup and there are growing pains that come with that and a speed that comes with that and not everyone can handle it.

Get more realistic with some of the expectations, hold all areas equally accountable not just certain ones.

Keep up the wonderful atmosphere, family culture and open door nature of the executive team.

Long Hours, No guaranteed raises, Road to Nowhere

Former Employee - Account Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at ExamSoft Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed the co-workers and the blended atmosphere was not bad. You sit in a cube and the office is small, but the people are helpful if you have a question. There are documents for everything so if you have a problem you can likely find it in their troubleshooting guides. The clients are pretty easy to deal with overall. They had a comparable medical plan from my previous employer, and the pto was average at best because they always depend on you being available to answer e-mails when you’re out of the office.

Cons

The organization always pushes people to do more, but the pay doesn’t add up. The organization said “we’ll talk about that in February” when I requested a salary review and presented me with an improbable sales goal for one of their initiatives. I felt as if the review process was stacked against the employee; asking me about having a Special Project and used as a performance measurement and asking if the employee did a project outside of work, when I asked for an example, they couldn’t provide a clear one other than programmers' accomplishments on designing new software. I didn’t feel that management had my best interests and once I mastered all the skills, it felt like a road to nowhere. Plan on working tons of hours on some weeks, November, and especially July and February, which are the busiest times of the year.

To stabilize your roster, provide clear salary structure and a clear path to promotions or management positions. The model of paying someone less and bringing someone new in will only go so far in the long run.

Scrambled Organization

I have been working at ExamSoft Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company sells itself on its benefit package, which is good, however, they only provide such a great benefit package because they are hiring in all young workers who never get sick and don't need to use the benefits. The majority of examsoft is in the mid 20's with a centralized-focus on profit and upsells. The company says it's helping education but it's really a profit game at the end of the day.

Cons

Company piles on tons of work, commissions are extremely low and company will look for a way to disqualify from receiving compensation. Bonus is really low, tons of extra hours during Bar week. This past Bar I worked as many as 18 hours on the first Tuesday. The work/life balance is terrible, compensation is low, and the company has high expectations for upsells. Hiring and firing quickly has become the standard.

Get realistic with your expectations.

Training Area for Higher Ground

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at ExamSoft Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company gives you the chance to present webinars and raise your profile for internal communications. The culture allows for people to get to know other co-workers in the same working area. The company tries to act inclusive, although this is not always the case as management seems to always group together.

Cons

This organization relies on youthful low-paid labor. The company is constantly getting rid of people and bringing new people in. Once you are here long enough and know what goes on, you could be next. This company won't hesitate to pour extra responsibilities and tasks on an individual, but doesn't compensate or raise salary. Be prepared to work long hours and also there is lots of micromanagement. There is no profit sharing with this company as they do not have any type of stock program and the bonus is very low. The company only cares about its executive team and will do whatever it takes to please them on the backs of the workers.

Workers are the soul of the company and constantly pinching their pockets and keeping them poor will only cause the company to hurt in the long run.

Fun company, great culture

I have been working at ExamSoft Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really enjoy working for this company. When I applied at ExamSoft, I saw a company that was fast paced, energized and would challenge me. This has definitely been the case! Not only do I have a great team of coworkers around me who make this a fun environment to be in, I am growing so much in my career and the skill set that I have. Some other fun things include:

- 100% employer paid employee medical and dental (THIS IS HUGE! and they are great plans- they can be a little more expensive for dependent coverage, but there are tons of options to work around this)
    - Company lunches- the office is doing lunches for the team as a thank you for our hard work. I believe this is through the end of the year, but could be longer. Lunches are every Friday.
    - AWESOME coworkers!
    - Snacks in the office- drinks, snacks, etc. Also celebrate office birthdays- cake, cupcakes, etc
    - Fun office events- we usually do something once a month- movie day in office, game day, etc. and once a quarter we do something bigger as a company- sometimes employees plus family, sometimes just employees
    - Office tries to recognize extra effort that employees put in with things like massages, team lunches, etc. Obviously all companies have to work within a budget- but they try to do as many things for the team as possible. The managers/department heads will often times do this out of their own pockets.
    - Challenged- people are challenged to be the best in this company. I love that. I am not someone who goes into work and just expects to show up and get paid. I want to work hard and push myself to be better and this company pushes me to my best. Management is supportive of team members who work hard and want to grow in their careers.
    - A lot of vacation time. With roll overs, PTO, and holidays, there is around 30 days of PTO each year (assuming you roll over the 5 days allotted at the end of the year). There are some restrictions around Feb/July due to a high volume of exams. This is discussed though a TON during the interview process and the management team does work with you if you have a need to be out of office.
    - Compensation- this is competitive. If you are performing well within the company and doing your job, you will enjoy the salary and bonus that goes along with that. HR does explain that several factors go into bonus pay at the beginning of the year such as individual performance and company performance. My salary has been reviewed every year, and I believe everyone's salary is reviewed during that time period.

Cons

I personally don't have a lot of grievances against the company. I think a lot of the negative reviews on here come from a couple of places: 1. people who have not performed well and have been asked to leave and 2. people who are not performing well and are feeling the pressure to step it up. Most sound like someone who is mad at the company, not someone objectively reviewing it.

Many of the things that I have read in the cons section are simply not true.One thing that really stands out is the comment about the OT and long hours during bar week. The team in my interview stressed over and over again the hours during the last week of Feb. and July and if I had a problem with them. I said no and it seems that all employees on this team are made aware of this. I work maybe 5-10 hours extra during this week. I am salaried employee and do not expect overtime (I think I am exempt from OT based on my employee status) and the company tries to offset the few extra hours with meals, massages, etc.

To be fair, some cons for me are:

- Company is growing fast so space is an issue- growing pains of a strong company- but it is a little frustrating at times. I know the company is looking at new spaces though.
    - Sometimes we run out of food during the free lunch on Friday- some people take advantage but it sounds like they are working to resolve this.

I think the company is going in the right direction. The teams are becoming stronger and stronger. I would love to see this continue.

Senior management deals with a lot as the operators of the company- continue to stay positive and passionate about what we do. Also continue to communicate with the company as much as possible. Its great seeing where the vision of the company is and how we are working together to get there.

Great company to work for!

I have been working at ExamSoft Worldwide full-time

Pros

ExamSoft is a great, well rounded company to work for. They put a lot of time and thought into each new hire, and the end result of this is a carefully blended group of people who sync well and balance each other out. They're transparent about their hiring policy and how and why they choose the people they do.

The management team is incredibly down to earth and willing to pitch in with anything. Everyone has an open door policy and is always willing to explain or help in whatever way they can. New processes are considered and encouraged to make the workplace more efficient.

Cons

There's a lot of information to learn in the first place, and things are always changing which can be confusing. The open door policy I mentioned above does help with that, and they don't make you feel foolish for being confused.

Continue to improve the new hire onboarding process. As holes in training are found and fixed, it will be easier to get new team members up to speed.

Brutal and Draining Experience

I have been working at ExamSoft Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Examsoft gives experience in the new field of assessment learning, which in itself is unique to the industry. Examsoft promises a lot of incentives to its employees and asks them to perform a variety of tasks, even if it is not in the person's job description. Workers are given responsibilities based on their performance and ties to the executive team.

Cons

The management at Examsoft will push you as hard as they can until you break. Examsoft expects extra hours, extra labor, and will not hesitate to throw more tasks your way. Lots of unpaid overtime and commissions are tight. Examsoft hires people and always holds over their head that they can fire them for any reason. A lot of young grads who can be told what to do and are afraid they will get fired.

Try to find a balance between work and home -- the expectations put on people at this company are cruel and the pay really isn't anything to be happy about. Why not hire some quality employees and pay them a quality wage?

Stress Factory

I have been working at ExamSoft Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get to work with a lot of knowledgable people who understand every aspect of providing support. There are people who will show you how to train without stepping on your toes if you ask questions. The company has webinars to help learn new material. Company expects you to learn at such a fast pace but the tools are definitely there to assist. Everything is a hands-on approach so everyone is doing a variety of different tasks, although this could be changing in the future as the company reallocates resources. The office is very crammed in, but people are willing to help if you ask, even if they are juggling multiple tasks.

Cons

Company expects perfection every step of the way, and I can't emphasize this enough. One mistake and they won't hesitate to pull the plug and release an employee, even if that employee is trained up and made an honest mistake. Usually when this happens, it's because they overloaded a person with so much work that it becomes extremely difficult to keep up and do everything right. Examsoft also doesn't hesitate to adjust your schedule on the spot to work weekends, come in early, stay late, and work extended hours, which makes it difficult trying to have a life. They expect you to answer e-mails on your "vacation." Also, it is very expensive to live in south florida and the pay just doesn't keep up and isn't really worth it to work all those hours for the level of pay and no guaranteed raise. They want people to work very hard, which it's pointless when there's no salary schedule and you just end up burning out in the end. There's really no reason to work that hard when there are other companies out there and Examsoft compensates poorly.

I would recommend that the company slow down and let people digest the task before assigning 5 others. Stop assigning all this work. The reason people come and go is because they push so many projects onto the workers and people get sick of it. Nobody wants to work that hard. There is no point in working that hard for anyone, especially when the pay is very below average. Also, give your employees a salary review every 12 months instead of having them wait until February. If you get hired in April, you literally get no salary review until almost 2 years.

ExamSoft Worldwide Response

Sep 1, 2014Talent Manager

Salary reviews for all employees are done on an annualized basis.

Needs Improvement

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ExamSoft Worldwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If youre fresh out of college and looking to pickup some experience that you can take forward, they will hire you. In a job market that demands IT skills, many of those skills can be obtained at this company. Company offers PTO, but keep in mind they can block you on scheduling it and they won't hesitate to solicit you with questions or tasks on your days off (no days off allowed in February or July).

Cons

My Operations Director is not well informed on how to properly communicate to workers or clients and comes off a bit brash. Examsoft changes working hours without even questioning the employee. My work schedule was randomly changed drastically and I told them it didn’t fit my personal schedule and they overruled me, so now I work a schedule that’s completely different than my wife on an odd sleep-schedule. There are so many training sessions and meetings there’s not enough time to finish anything. Examsoft will not hesitate to text message, instant message, or even call you off the clock. Strange requests are sent out at odd times. Examsoft only cares about its executive team profit-margins at the end of the day, anyone else is disposable. The organization has several pending lawsuits and the litigation is a huge distraction to the company’s future. Things are hectic, people are always worried, and every person who isn’t in with the big guys is being held accountable. They have proven this time and time with the firing and hiring machine process that they use that nobody is safe.

Guarantee some sort of pay increase and job stability. Do not adjust people’s work schedule and set limits on time periods when people can be bothered off the clock. Bothering someone on their day off or on the weekend when they are with their family across the country isn’t very pleasurable. Do not send e-mails out on the weekends to employees.

Challenging, yet rewarding work environment

Current Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ExamSoft Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Moving to Dallas to work for ExamSoft has been my best career move yet. This company culture fosters a space of personal growth, professional gains and strong work relationships. Individuals are challenged everyday and are given the resources to accomplish big goals. My colleagues are intelligent, driven individuals who are extremely passionate about education. There's a lot of flexibility with the job and the pay (including bonuses) is extremely competitive. ExamSoft is a family-friendly company and pushes employees to maintain a good work-life balance. Not to mention, HR plans awesome outings like trips to the movies, laser tag, obstacle courses and trips to Medieval Times among other events.

Cons

It doesn't get much better than this. There's a reason why ExamSoft is consistently voted as one of the top companies to work for in Texas and Florida!

ExamSoft Worldwide Photos