ExamWorks

Be The First To
Add Photos

ExamWorks CEO and Director James K. (Jim) Price

James K. (Jim) Price

Great work/life balance. Great people. A place to learn and grow.

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosflexible schedule, good management, fair pay, great IT security

Consbrand schizophrenia, channel conflict, obsolete websites do not accurately represent EW's state-of-the-art capabilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementExamWorks buys IME and peer review companies that compete with one another. Once acquisitions are complete, internal competition remains, which causes channel conflict. Clients overlap which is confusing for clients at times.

I wish it wasn't temporary.

File Clerk (Former Employee) Rancho Cordova, CA

ProsI could work whatever hours I wanted.
    My co-workers were very friendly and fun to be around.
    The workload was challenging but never overwhelming.
    Excellent pay especially for my first job.

ConsI was hired temporarily.
    Some of the upper level managers looked down on me a bit.
    There's not really much else to complain about.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to look at your employees as equals. You were in their position at one point in your life.

It could be worse!

ProsThe people I have met (both in my office and other offices) have been great. Our clients are wonderful to work with and when there is a problem, both sides are willing to admit that they made a mistake.

ConsThere is some discord between upper management and the rest of the staff. Being a step between the two gives a unique perspective that most don't see. While there are problems with how situations and personnel are handled, everyone is doing their best (we are all human!).

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to put more faith into the teams and the managers of those teams to do what is right. They all have quality employees but faith is hardly given and sorely deserved.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Pay, Very Numbers driven

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood Company with good pay and benefits.

ConsUpper Management very much concerned with numbers only. Very corporate feel to the company.

Overall I like working with the people here.

Consultant (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsPeople are friendly and helpful, results and bottom line focused but not at expense of the people.

ConsSometimes clinic staff not trained.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter screening of clinical staff

Extreme Corporate Culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsExcellent environment for learning how to function in a very high speed work place. The days fly by due to how busy you are. good benefits and training ground for working in an extremely corporate environment.

ConsPeople are pushed to work beyond their capacity to think straight. This is a numbers driven environment. Team work is verbally hyped, but not actually cultivated.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe product is the same across the board.. the doctors are all the same. The ONLY thing that can set you apart from competitors is customer service. Overworked and frustrated staff comes through in the quality of work and the voice on the phone. Keep this in mind when you are paying people wages that keep them in the poverty level while working them like mules.

Operations

ProsGrowing company with a niche market, so job security is optimal so long as you're smart and responsible. Co-workers outside of upper mgmt are friendly and reasonable.

ConsMicro-managing, politics and "numbers" driven business code is very frustrating for staff. Staff is always blamed first for problems before investigating. VERY poor communication between mgmt and ops

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your teams and look at the big picture.

Good

Receptionist (Current Employee) Saint Louis Park, MN

ProsGreat benefits. Offers a good work-life balance with Full Time work benefits. Good teamwork and reliable management support.

ConsHaving to deal with rush deadlines and last minute assignments
    Responding to complaints when an issue arises from another end of the business

I agree with every post on here, but........

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Roseland, NJ

ProsYou have job= your not umemployed
    You have a paycheck= your not unemployed
    You can pay your bills= your not unemployed
    You can feed your children and provide a roof under their head= your not unemployed

ConsYes a lot of sneeky co-workers, but who cares your still getting paid at the end of the day.
    Yes a lotttt of micro managing, my advice, and take it from me...do not show emotion because the minute they see you are weak they will take advantage of it. Do not allow anyone to muddle with your liveliyhood. It doesnt matter where you work you will always have micro managing, dont take it personally these are people that are insecure and have a lack confidence. Pray for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to reflect on how big your company has grown. Take the time out to thank past and present employees on making your company as big as it is now. God Bless

As a company, good place to work

ProsCorporate seems to want to make employees happy, promotion opportunities, benefits and what management views as fair wages

ConsLocal office management claim to not have any power, the different offices have not come together to function as a team which leads to confusion and disatisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your your employees- they are the ones who keep you operating. Without them, the whole company would be lost since operational managers do not really know how operations work.

Worked for ExamWorks? Contribute to the Community!