Examination Management Services

Add Photos

Mark S. Davis

Read between the lines

Field Investigator (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsWorking from home and no micromanaging is nice. No major issues with any of the management. The company is growing and taking in new clients. Company gas card.

ConsThe money is horrible. I was terribly misled by recruiting. You basically won't receive any training on their software and this leads to screw ups when you key in your work. Hence, money lost. Hours aren't there as promised. They don't pay you for first hour and last hour of travel; claiming it's commute time. This in turn means if you have an accident on the road during those hours...no workers comp. Basically they're a money hungry greedy company that will lie to you just get you in the door. I've worked at worse places but this one is pretty bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your investigators what they're worth. We ARE this company.

Unprofessional management -- pay/benefits not as stated in offer letter! Unbelievable!!

ProsYou will be given more and more responsibility so it is a learning environment for your next job, which may actually compensate you accordingly.

ConsHigh turn-around employee rate due to below-average industry pay, lack of resources to successfully perform job, and poor treatment by upper management. Payroll and HR questions take weeks to get answered, if at all. Relationship managers and VPs do not inform of upcoming jobs/clients in a timely manner or with enough detail to properly plan. Very chaotic!!

Advice to Senior ManagementSchedule time with the workers to see what they actually do, what challenges they face daily, and what they actually need to succeed. Invest in a provider database so that all departments are working in conjunction with each other. This would help eliminate everyone being on the defense and promote teamwork. Pay your employees as promised -- it should not take three months before a promised raise is actually seen and it should be what was promised.

Disgusting company

Caseworker (Current Employee)

ProsAbsolutely nothing - run far, and run fast.

ConsEverything. This company will screw you hard and they'll do it with an evil smile. They work you full time with no benefits, all comission-based (with which you're lied to about what you SHOULD be making so the company can keep more money). Horrible management and communication. Just an overall revolting place to work. No loyalty, even after being a 5 year employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease go find a new life for yourselves, because you're clearly incompetent, shady and lazy here.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bad Management, high employee turnover

Customer Service Representative- Healthcare (Former Employee) Waco, TX

ProsThe pay was okay. My favorite part of the job was my co-workers. They were encouraging and made it a fun place to work even with horrible management.

ConsManagement was very condescending. They were also not flexible or understanding when I was involved in a car accident after telling me that they would be. I only stayed for 6 months because I needed the money. If not, I would have left sooner.

"ICS MERRILL"

Invoicing Specialist (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsPeople are really friendly, easy to get along with. Great people and environment.

ConsThe pay isn't good if you are looking for a career. They always seem to have some kind of reduction in force come the end of the year or beginning of the year. If you are first in you may be first out, or if you've had any little write-ups or run-ins with someone they will believe over you despite your work efforts. look out. I enjoyed the people there, when they were honest and not hiding anything. If they paid me more like what I was used to I would still be there if I wasn't laid off I guess. lol Oh they take away days that you've earned as PTO too.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't tell lies, be honest. Pay more, don't take away PTO. Lots of spying on work computers, not good.

Horrible management and HR

Project Manager (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsCoworkers are friendly, fast paced environment

ConsHR is awful, it took days to get answers to very simple questions. Bad benefits. Managers don't care about your work or how you do it, there is a lack of training involved, they hire people on for a perm position but really don't entend to keep them past their use. They fire people within their first 3 months for crap reasons like having to coach them outside of training. If you are friends with your manager you can get away with murder. There are people there that make racist remarks, remarks involving violence towards clients, but if the manager is your friend she won't say anything. If anyone else says a word in the negative they are fired. It's a very unfair environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees, take more time to train, improve your HR departments and for God's sake, hire enough people to handle the work load.

Very processed and dogmatic environment.

Field Investigator (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsBefore the merger with The Merrill Group of Jacksonville Fl, ICS paid well. All hours were paid. Actual working hours. Vacations. Full paycheck a. Bonuses and fuel pay for you vehicle as well as company provided equipment.

ConsNow, ICS/MERRILL is a money hungry company. We paid for our equipment. Managers at the office were rude and uncaring. No more extra hours pay or even full 40 hour weeks pay. Most of us often had to use vacation days to make up for short weeks.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that without the investigator you have no work. We are trapped in cars in hot NM and freezing in CO.
    Show you actually care but paying for work conducted at a minimum. Somehow what you're doing is legal. But not ethical.

Good entry level office experience

Caseworker (Current Employee) Waco, TX

ProsGood hours, comfortable environment. There are a few good managers among the ones that do not care about caseworkers

ConsLow wages, limited to 35hrs a week so you are not considered full time, bad management, high turn-over,

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not hire new workers in for more money than tenured workers, makes bad attitudes.

This company will suck the life out of you. If you have a job, keep it. If you don't, keep looking!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorking from home is the only positive; however, your time is not your own. Contract workers are treated like FT, i.e. you must choose your core hours, let them know when you have a doctor's appointment, apply for any vacation time, and punch a time clock every day.

ConsGreedy environment. Lack of training and opportunity for advancement. Very unethical. Unpaid mandatory overtime for FT staff. Class action suit now pending for this. All employees must punch out and work off the clock in order to meet quotas. Suggestions or comments of any kind are not welcome.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn your processes so you can manage a department. Treat people like they matter. Get some values. Don't make empty promises to clients and employees.

Very hands off company

Underwriter (Current Employee)

ProsNo micro-management. competitive salary.

ConsNo support from management. Never let me know how I am doing unless its an mistake. Clear expectations not provided by upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn that your team is critical to your success, treat them with respect

Worked for Examination Management Services? Contribute to the Community!