Examination Management Services

Updated September 18, 2014
Updated September 18, 2014
1.7

Mark S. Davis

Pros
  • There is literally no positive in working for this company except working from home (in 9 reviews)

• Very good people, who want to succeed (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Clear expectations not provided by upper management (in 6 reviews)

• Lack of training and opportunity for advancement (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Underwriter

Current Employee - Life Underwriter
    Current Employee - Life Underwriter

I have been working at Examination Management Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

They allow you to work remote. Management is generally easy to get along with.

Cons

Feels like they are going to let you go as soon as they no longer need you. I do not see very many people staying here for any period of time. They will pay you as little as they can and expect a lot of overtime which being on salary just puts you under pressure to perform. No work/family balance. No compete clause hidden in your offer. You cannot leave and go to any other company they do business with for one year and they do business with just about every company out there. So, you cannot get out. I strongly recommend you do not get caught in this trap. Benefits are very expensive if you have a family you want to insure.

Reassure your employees they have job security and be able to back it up. Offer more affordable benefits. People are trying to survive and take care of there families.

Do not work here. No one is that desperate

Former Employee - Field Investigator  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Field Investigator in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Examination Management Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is literally no positive in working for this company except working from home. They will pay for any license renewal needed and that is it.

Cons

Field Investigators are treated very poorly. They will only pay you hourly and during the holidays and winter, there is no work and you do not get paid. They have a complex system of a blended pay rate that pays you on a sliding scale so you never reach the actual hourly rate they promise. They only pay minimum wage for travel and if you have too much travel or claim ANY administrative time you get your hourly rate reduced. The recruiters and HR people will not talk about that. The demands they place on staff is outrageous in the guise of “customer service”. You will work 50-60 hours a week and get paid for 30 at a reduced rate. They got rid of the only managers that knew anything and the rest live in fear of downsizing. Management is encouraged to find any little reason they can to write people up so they can get rid of them in the offseason. They will fight EVERY unemployment claim so the employee will buckle before they can appeal.

Get rid of narcissistic management especially the namesake. Mark Davis cares only about the margins; there is nothing wrong with that unless you sacrifice basic integrity and professionalism in business which is what is happening here. John Utley would turn in his grave if he knew how his company is being run. How can you expect people to deliver superior customer service and exceptional performance when you show them no respect and impose a dictatorial managerial style. You have more problems than you can possibly solve.

Very poor quality workplace.

Former Employee - Field Investigator  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Field Investigator in Denver, CO

I worked at Examination Management Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Mostly working by your own schedule. Working from home. Lot's of traveling. Hotels are paid for.

Cons

Hotels are one of the ONLY things that are paid for. You get Fixed pay for report writing REGARDLESS of how long a report actually takes, for example you can work a report for 1 or 3 hours, but your pay is only 20 or 30 minutes. Minimum wage pay for all travel time, which is also fixed. You don't get paid for actual time driving. Pay is per job, which is often only 4 hours of work, at your actual pay rate, and then ALL other time is minimum wage. Managers never answer phones and don't call back, in time to get addition time approved. If you stay on a case until you get a hold of a manager, you're scolded and told that the additional time is not approved, so you eat it. Often times you have to use any vacation days or sick days to make 40 hours a week pay period. They'll constantly ask you to do an additional "check" on someone or stay for a few minutes longer on a case; then if you don't get any results (Which is possible) you don't get any extra pay, or paid for the gas to do your extra "Check".
    I do forsee this company continuing to grow, mostly because they don't invest in current employees. Company expenses must be low, because they hardly pay for anything.... Everyone you talk to has been there less than a year, and you're constantly seeing new "Employees". Turnover is much like a call center.

I've given PLENTY of advice to upper management. You never listened to us then, you won't listen now.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Uneducated, Unqualified leaders run this company

I worked at Examination Management Services for less than a year

Pros

You get to go home at the end of the day, after you have been abused all day at this company.

Cons

Figure out what you're doing and then hire qualified people who understand what you're trying to accomplish. Stop lying to customers.

Read between the lines

Current Employee - Field Investigator  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Field Investigator in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Examination Management Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working from home and no micromanaging is nice. No major issues with any of the management. The company is growing and taking in new clients. Company gas card.

Cons

The money is horrible. I was terribly misled by recruiting. You basically won't receive any training on their software and this leads to screw ups when you key in your work. Hence, money lost. Hours aren't there as promised. They don't pay you for first hour and last hour of travel; claiming it's commute time. This in turn means if you have an accident on the road during those hours...no workers comp. Basically they're a money hungry greedy company that will lie to you just get you in the door. I've worked at worse places but this one is pretty bad.

Pay your investigators what they're worth. We ARE this company.

Horrible

Former Employee - Data Entry  in  Waco, TX
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Waco, TX

I worked at Examination Management Services part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nothing.
    Nothing.
    I guess it is a job. Some of the people are nice. One of the offices is nice. The other is dirty.

Cons

This place does not care about it's employees. The wages are terrible with very little option for upward mobility. They only work you 35 hours a week to keep you "Part time". No benefits. They took away paid days off. One of the buildings is dirty.

Care about your employees. Reward hard work. Give insurance. Pay a decent wage. There is a reason turnover is so high.

Disgusting company

Current Employee - Caseworker
    Current Employee - Caseworker

I have been working at Examination Management Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Absolutely nothing - run far, and run fast.

Cons

Everything. This company will screw you hard and they'll do it with an evil smile. They work you full time with no benefits, all comission-based (with which you're lied to about what you SHOULD be making so the company can keep more money). Horrible management and communication. Just an overall revolting place to work. No loyalty, even after being a 5 year employee.

Please go find a new life for yourselves, because you're clearly incompetent, shady and lazy here.

Unprofessional management -- pay/benefits not as stated in offer letter! Unbelievable!!

I have been working at Examination Management Services full-time

Pros

You will be given more and more responsibility so it is a learning environment for your next job, which may actually compensate you accordingly.

Cons

High turn-around employee rate due to below-average industry pay, lack of resources to successfully perform job, and poor treatment by upper management. Payroll and HR questions take weeks to get answered, if at all. Relationship managers and VPs do not inform of upcoming jobs/clients in a timely manner or with enough detail to properly plan. Very chaotic!!

Schedule time with the workers to see what they actually do, what challenges they face daily, and what they actually need to succeed. Invest in a provider database so that all departments are working in conjunction with each other. This would help eliminate everyone being on the defense and promote teamwork. Pay your employees as promised -- it should not take three months before a promised raise is actually seen and it should be what was promised.

"ICS MERRILL"

Current Employee - Invoicing Specialist  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Invoicing Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

People are really friendly, easy to get along with. Great people and environment.

Cons

The pay isn't good if you are looking for a career. They always seem to have some kind of reduction in force come the end of the year or beginning of the year. If you are first in you may be first out, or if you've had any little write-ups or run-ins with someone they will believe over you despite your work efforts. look out. I enjoyed the people there, when they were honest and not hiding anything. If they paid me more like what I was used to I would still be there if I wasn't laid off I guess. lol Oh they take away days that you've earned as PTO too.

Don't tell lies, be honest. Pay more, don't take away PTO. Lots of spying on work computers, not good.

Bad Management, high employee turnover

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative- Healthcare  in  Waco, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative- Healthcare in Waco, TX

I worked at Examination Management Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay was okay. My favorite part of the job was my co-workers. They were encouraging and made it a fun place to work even with horrible management.

Cons

Management was very condescending. They were also not flexible or understanding when I was involved in a car accident after telling me that they would be. I only stayed for 6 months because I needed the money. If not, I would have left sooner.

Worked for Examination Management Services? Contribute to the Community!