Examination Management Services

Too bad there is not a NO STAR rating choice for EMSI

Former Employee - Case Worker in Waco, TX
    Former Employee - Case Worker in Waco, TX

I worked at Examination Management Services

Pros

I can't think of any pros.

Cons

This company is a terrible place to work and thankfully I was hired as a virtual caseworker who worked from home. My supervisor managed with fear tactics. This company works hard to deride and whip you down until you feel terrible about yourself leaving you with no positive mental attitude. They pay as little as possible and use "confusing commission" calculations to reduce your pay as much as possible--"Oh, you didn't quite make it that pay tier based on our calculations" They were sued by former employees over pay disputes in 2009-10.

Although they service insurance companies, they have very low quality insurance; but a little better I hear if you are salaried. Salaried employees are few as they keep most part time so they don't have to offer benefits. I was told by an insurance agent that it really isn't even insurance and is not up to government standards. It is near impossible to have time off and company holidays are at a minimum. If you have a sick child, you will wonder if you will have a job if you take off to care for it. Pay is well below average and working conditions are terrible. The company's IT department and equipment are dated. If you work on their campus you will worry about theft, drugs and attitudes.

Protect your self image and attitude and do yourself a favor and don't let EMSI rob you and treat you like slave labor. Any other place would be better to work for than EMSI

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like humans, change management techniques to positive ones, and update the company in all areas. Pay a living wage and offer benefits equal to other similar companies.

2. Been working here for many years

Current Employee - Medical Examiner in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Medical Examiner in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Examination Management Services

Pros

Easy work, provides training for all services

Cons

Not enough work only part time

Advice to Management

.......

Great company for those who want to work and make a difference

Current Employee - Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Examination Management Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very competitive pay. Reasonable work hours. Great team members. Friendly employees. Lots of opportunities to make a difference.

Cons

Lean staffing levels so effective work cannot be completed.

Advice to Management

Consider what is lost without having the staff to match the business needs.

5. Lot's of travel, decent job if just breaking into investigative industry.

Former Employee - Field Investigator in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Field Investigator in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Examination Management Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company to work for if you don't like bosses breathing down your back, lots of autonomy.

Cons

Pay very low considering number of hours worked and non-stop travel.

Advice to Management

Hire more investigator's so that each employee has smaller territory.

6. Great experience working for this company.

I have been working at Examination Management Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked being able to work Tuesday through Friday, 7 am to 2:30 pm and Saturday 8 am to 3;30 PM.

Cons

I didn't like working as a part time temporary. Would like to have had the ability to have benefits.

Advice to Management

None.

Horrible!!!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Irving, TX

Pros

There are no pros to this company!!!

Cons

Negative attitudes, lies, micro managing, very petty grown people work here. Upper management does give two cents about anyone or their employees. Very money hungry!

Advice to Management

Close this company!! It's doomed to fail anyway!

“Unethical and unprofessional Management /very poor infrastructure.”

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Examination Management Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly don't have any "Pros" specifically pertaining to the company itself, but I did enjoyed working with the "Contract Providers."

Cons

The unethical and unprofessional practices from management made my job extremely difficult. This in turn made the work environment hostile and unhealthy. Employees were never valued, and was often disrespected by the supervisor who was beyond unprofessional. This individual was passive aggressive, and overly controlling-which was very disturbing!!! The management didn't value any feedback, wither it be innovation, or ideas to assist with the constant complaints from the members, along with the providers. When I presented ideas, etc.. I was charged and labeled as "Insubordinate," and accused of being against the company's policies and the way they did business, even though their practices were "Unethical." When my concerns about working in a hostile environment, being bullied and treated unfair were reported to HR personnel, nothing was done-no investigation was conducted on my behalf. HR reported back to my Managers when I confided in them, which led to more unfair treatment, and constant nitpicking.

Many of the Contractors (Providers) expressed that they were not happy, and have never worked for a company that was so unorganized and dishonest. Several Clients were not satisfied with company's services, therefore, several of the major contracts weren't renewed. The turnover and layoff rates has tripled. Many employees were fired due to personal and discriminatory reasons. It was merely impossible to use your PTO. Management inform that you must give them a 2wks notice in order to take your vacation, but they didn't acknowledged or approve PTO until about 24-48 hrs of when one should be off; I have learned that the company doesn't pay out accrued PTO-so if you are fired/laid off or if you resign, you will not be compensated for your accrued PTO- since the company is a private company, they honestly don't care about improving their flaws. If you are an hourly-employee, you will NOT be entitle to the company's 401k (You can't invest in your future even though you are working full-time, 40+hrs per week).

I honestly wouldn't recommend this company to anyone (not even my worst enemy), particularly the Irving-TX location. If you are accustom of working for a company that lacks both ethical and professional morals and values, then you might get by, but if you are honest, professional, and possess exceptional work ethics and customer services, please think twice before leaving your current employer. I wish I had took the timeout to read the company's reviews before I decided to work for EMSI, but when you are feed with lies from Management during the interview process, you can become blind-sided.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Stop putting individuals in Management roles who aren't qualified and lack professionalism, and who are not capable to living up to moral and ethical standards. Allocate funds to improve your infrastructure and internal systems......Show your employees more appreciation, and probably this will help to retain talent within the Organization.

Tough pay bills and work there

Former Employee - Field Investigator in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Field Investigator in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Examination Management Services

Pros

Able to work from home and set own field appointments. I am now full time salaried and am paid time and a half for overtime which is unheard of working at this level for an insurance company.

Cons

Clear expectations not provided by upper management. Lack of training and opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Regret leaving previous job for this mess of a place.

Former Employee - Network Coordinator in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Network Coordinator in Irving, TX

I worked at Examination Management Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will learn a lot about what company that you deserve to work for. If you need to work on self production and learning on a basis on your own will help you out with focusing on what you need to do in other endeavors you may pursue. They have a pretty nice TV in the break room with cable!

Cons

The management team in the healthcare division is really bad. During the interview I was sold a dream about how wonderful things are, how it'll be easy to take time off in the need of going to the doctor, how the supervisor is so laid back, the team is awesome, you'll receive training for everything you'll need, confidentiality of information between the employee and management will remain, there is a large amount of growth within the company, the communication in between the supervisor and employee is valued and much more nonsense.

Mind you, my first day I knew I wasn't going to make my 90 day probationary period my first week there. Training is such a joke, you will sit behind someone who can confidently present what the actual job is, your supervisor isn't as laid bask as she previously mentioned, the "team lead" is rude and disrespectful, the energy on the team is very negative, you hear rumors about laying off but you are told from management that it isn't true and you receive little support from the staff when you are new.

The supervisor was extremely rude to the providers (Nurse Practitioners) and other staff members including myself, the team lead is a sarcastic disrespectful individual who tries to paint a prettier picture than what is already there, the director is okay - I just wouldn't trust her with any concerns that you may have going on within the company. Bottom line, do not trust anyone in any management position. NO GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES AT ALL, DON'T EVEN EXPECT TO BE IN A DIFFERENT POSITION ANY TIME SOON YOU WILL ROT AWAY BEFORE THEY DECIDE TO HELP YOU OUT WITH A PROMOTION. Don't have a health emergency and need to go to the doctor, you may get written up. Don't stay away from your desk too long, you may have a meeting about your time away from your desk. Make sure you also keep YOUR belongings inside the desk that you don't even have a key to lock your stuff up; you make irritate the supervisor and she'll make a big deal and have a meeting about your personal belongings as well.

To the nurse practitioners and other providers, do not waste your time with this company. You will spend a major amount of time away from home visiting patients that have no idea who you are or why you are at their home because the call center doesn't explain this to the members and will have you at someones house looking crazy. You will also do a lot of spending from out of your own pocket and may have to wait until the end of time until you receive your reimbursement back from the company.

Glad to say after the struggle of making 80 days I had to leave this company to further my career in a place that would value me as an employee and conduct business in a professional manner. The best decision I made was to leave because after being told that they will not do their "End of the Year Layoffs" I received word that there were layoffs within the company without notification, way to go.

Advice to Management

Just shut down shop and let someone else handle it! Give these people higher pay for the amount of mess they are forced to deal with, consider having a REAL training class to inform employees about what the heck they'd be doing on a daily basis, relax and cut the drama in the work place because it is not necessary for it to be a place of such dealing with the things that you all deal with. Don't even go, you may get laid off at the end of the year.

If you have bills to pay; don't work here

Current Employee - Field Investigator in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Field Investigator in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Examination Management Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The middle management appears to be really great. Work from home. That's about it

Cons

The biggest issue is pay. I used to love my job until I went to work here. I took a HUGE pay cut unbeknownst to me due to their lies regarding pay and pay scale. You travel a lot and they do not pay mileage nor do they pay vehicle maintenance reimbursement. You will work 50-60 hrs a week and you're out of town 80% of the time. I'm so strapped financially that when I travel I never have money to eat on the road. This week I will live off protein shakes and coffee....literally. When you explain to them you're basically only making 50% of your promised income they tell you they don't care. I'm looking for another company to transfer to and I highly recommend you think twice before working for this company.

Advice to Management

Pay your investigators what they're worth. These guys and gals sacrifice a lot for your company. They spend a lot of time away from their families. They allow you the use their personal vehicles. You want quality work from your investigators then pay for it. Period. I'm betting you never worry about how you're going to feed your family each week....neither should your employees.