Excel Midstream Solutions

4.7

CEO

Best Place to Work!

Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

EXCEL Midstream Solutions is the best place I have ever worked! There is a camaraderie amongst employees. The boss is knowledgeable, respectful, generous and personable! I love it here! I hope I am here till I retire!

Cons

I didn't hire one sooner.

Keep up the atmosphere and work ethic. You're doing a great job and have a great company here! Thanks for allowing me to be a part of it!

Very satisifed, great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excel Midstream is a very strong provider of oil and gas engineering services, that strives to be best in class while maintain a harmonious work environment for its employees. This is the best place I have ever worked.

Cons

As with most start-up companies, some of the work processes are still in development. These processes are expected to be in place next year which will help further support company growth.

Please keep up the good work!

Life is good.

Current Employee - Senior Mechanical Designer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Mechanical Designer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The wages, people and the atmosphere here at Excel Midstream Solutions are great! The owner and upper managment are very flexible, personable and really down to earth when talking to them. I really enjoy working here and look forward to a what my future holds with Excel Midstream solutions...

Cons

At work as in life you cannot choose family members, neighbors and in most cases co-workers. There are always a few bad apples anywhere you go. This place is no different...

Please continue to weed out the bad apples around here. Thank you for allowing me to be part of the Excel Midstream Solutions Team!!!

A Satisfying Place to Work

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excel Midstream is a very nice place to work. The atmosphere even has a welcoming aurora as well as the employees making you geniunely feel pleasantly connected to each other. It's a place to advance, contribute to the development and growth and feel like it's truly appreciated by the management and staff. I hope to stay here until I retire!

Thank you Excel for opening up and welcoming me into your family.

Cons

We could use more automated processes/procedures to produce project reports and documentation, generate project AP and AR documents as well as personnel information to manage our records more efficiently.

I applaud you for your persistence to develop this company and make it a place that is well rounded in it's abilities and personnel members; who possesses an array of skills, knowledge and experience that can enhance the success and productive growth of this Company.

It is a wonderful place to work and a good family to be part of.

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is a young and smaller company, so you have that close relationship with your co-workers and everyone has to care about the product being sent out the door for the entire company to be successful. If you have a concern or issue the door is defiantly open to management, you are heard, and the situation is promptly addressed. They have a flexible schedule and are willing to work with each individual’s specific needs. The pay is good and over time is available if wanted. The company strives to use the latest technology and offers its employees many ways to learn new things.

Cons

The company only lacks a few perks that a larger company would have, but I am sure as it grows it will gain those perks and continue to be a very competitive employer.

Keep up the great work!

Steadily growing but maintains the mom & pop shop feeling

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Benefits
    Flexible hours
    Vacation Time in addition to Sick Time
    Great Pay
    VPN
    Opportunities to learn different fields
    Most of all - Everyone is polite, professional, friendly and will stop what their doing to assit/guide in the time of need

Cons

The option to purchase stock via payroll deduct

Not advice but more of a compliment - Considering what Mgmt had when they started and where they are today they have done a fantastic job!

Excellent opportunity to help build one of the new stars in oil & gas engineering.

Current Employee - Senior Technical Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of meaningful work with some of the best managers, engineers and designers in the business. The standards are high but so are the rewards. The management has assembled an excellent team hand-picked from several other top firms. The atmosphere is friendly, slightly competitive and saturated with the confidence one would expect from truly competent professionals. As the industry is very fluid, most of these people have worked together earlier in their careers – resulting in excellent communications.

Cons

Work at a start-up company in an "at will" employment state may not be for everybody - you get out of it what you put into it.

Keep carefully vetting prospective employees - we only want the best.

Great place to be, good working atmosphere, flexible to individual employee's personal life.

Current Employee - Design in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Design in Houston, TX

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Young company with many options for growth. Fexible working hours, good pay compensation, comparable benefits for the industry. Company has more than doubled in size in the first year of my employment.

Cons

No Cons. No complaints at all.

Continue on the current direction and continue to grow the company into a midsize engineering firm. Continue with the open line of communcication with all employees.

Excel A Great Company To Work For

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company with many options for advancement., Great pay compensation, comparable benefits and has doubled it's size in the past year.

Cons

No cons as of now

one good company

Current Employee - Mechanical Drafting Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Mechanical Drafting Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working here is an wonderful experience. The people and knowable and ready to help. The upper management is always willing to listen and are very flexible. In my time here I can’t find any one glaring thing that would turn me away or not ask friends to work here. We are a small company with big ideas and have the right leadership to get us to one of the top consulting firms in the Houston area.

Cons

i cant find any glaring issues to comment on