Excel Midstream Solutions
www.excelmidstream.com Houston, TX 50 to 149 Employees

Excel Midstream Solutions Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Very satisifed, great company to work for

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsExcel Midstream is a very strong provider of oil and gas engineering services, that strives to be best in class while maintain a harmonious work environment for its employees. This is the best place I have ever worked.

ConsAs with most start-up companies, some of the work processes are still in development. These processes are expected to be in place next year which will help further support company growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep up the good work!

Life is good.

Senior Mechanical Designer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time for less than a year

ProsThe wages, people and the atmosphere here at Excel Midstream Solutions are great! The owner and upper managment are very flexible, personable and really down to earth when talking to them. I really enjoy working here and look forward to a what my future holds with Excel Midstream solutions...

ConsAt work as in life you cannot choose family members, neighbors and in most cases co-workers. There are always a few bad apples anywhere you go. This place is no different...

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to weed out the bad apples around here. Thank you for allowing me to be part of the Excel Midstream Solutions Team!!!

A Satisfying Place to Work

Technical Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time for less than a year

ProsExcel Midstream is a very nice place to work. The atmosphere even has a welcoming aurora as well as the employees making you geniunely feel pleasantly connected to each other. It's a place to advance, contribute to the development and growth and feel like it's truly appreciated by the management and staff. I hope to stay here until I retire!

Thank you Excel for opening up and welcoming me into your family.

ConsWe could use more automated processes/procedures to produce project reports and documentation, generate project AP and AR documents as well as personnel information to manage our records more efficiently.

Advice to Senior ManagementI applaud you for your persistence to develop this company and make it a place that is well rounded in it's abilities and personnel members; who possesses an array of skills, knowledge and experience that can enhance the success and productive growth of this Company.

Excellent opportunity to help build one of the new stars in oil & gas engineering.

Senior Technical Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time for less than a year

ProsLots of meaningful work with some of the best managers, engineers and designers in the business. The standards are high but so are the rewards. The management has assembled an excellent team hand-picked from several other top firms. The atmosphere is friendly, slightly competitive and saturated with the confidence one would expect from truly competent professionals. As the industry is very fluid, most of these people have worked together earlier in their careers – resulting in excellent communications.

ConsWork at a start-up company in an "at will" employment state may not be for everybody - you get out of it what you put into it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep carefully vetting prospective employees - we only want the best.

Great place to be, good working atmosphere, flexible to individual employee's personal life.

Design (Current Employee)

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time for less than a year

ProsYoung company with many options for growth. Fexible working hours, good pay compensation, comparable benefits for the industry. Company has more than doubled in size in the first year of my employment.

ConsNo Cons. No complaints at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue on the current direction and continue to grow the company into a midsize engineering firm. Continue with the open line of communcication with all employees.

Steadily growing but maintains the mom & pop shop feeling

ProsGood Benefits
Flexible hours
Vacation Time in addition to Sick Time
Great Pay
VPN
Opportunities to learn different fields
Most of all - Everyone is polite, professional, friendly and will stop what their doing to assit/guide in the time of need

ConsThe option to purchase stock via payroll deduct

Advice to Senior ManagementNot advice but more of a compliment - Considering what Mgmt had when they started and where they are today they have done a fantastic job!

Excel A Great Company To Work For

Designer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat company with many options for advancement., Great pay compensation, comparable benefits and has doubled it's size in the past year.

ConsNo cons as of now

Enjoy yourself at work .......well be here

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time for less than a year

ProsYoung energetic company with the potential for professional growth. Staff and management are everything you would expect from motivated individuals.

ConsNo complaints here from me

Advice to Senior ManagementProgress down the road you are taking, make sure that everyone is using the same roadmap

one good company

Mechanical Drafting Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time for less than a year

ProsWorking here is an wonderful experience. The people and knowable and ready to help. The upper management is always willing to listen and are very flexible. In my time here I can’t find any one glaring thing that would turn me away or not ask friends to work here. We are a small company with big ideas and have the right leadership to get us to one of the top consulting firms in the Houston area.

Consi cant find any glaring issues to comment on

It is a wonderful place to work and a good family to be part of.

Designer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time for less than a year

ProsIt is a young and smaller company, so you have that close relationship with your co-workers and everyone has to care about the product being sent out the door for the entire company to be successful. If you have a concern or issue the door is defiantly open to management, you are heard, and the situation is promptly addressed. They have a flexible schedule and are willing to work with each individual’s specific needs. The pay is good and over time is available if wanted. The company strives to use the latest technology and offers its employees many ways to learn new things.

ConsThe company only lacks a few perks that a larger company would have, but I am sure as it grows it will gain those perks and continue to be a very competitive employer.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Worked for Excel Midstream Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Excel Midstream Solutions reviews and ratings. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Excel Midstream Solutions employees.