Excela Health

Updated Feb 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert J. Rogalski, Esq

10 years experience. Provided opportunities to advance.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Greensburg, PA

ProsFantastic people to work along side of. Nice benefit package. Community focused care and involvment within the communities that are serviced. People really care about patients and co-workers.

ConsAs all companies, we can strive to do better with communications.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistency and communications. This has improved, but we still have work to do. Changing culture is a very difficult task but we are achieving a more effective, patient centered care culture.

Just say No

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)

ProsGenerally great care for a community hospital, benefits package very competitive with exception of cost of living raises, overall friendly coworkers

ConsManagement is in constant chaos with revolving door of upper management, employment very unstable as priorities change, significant differences between campuses unresolved, definitely matters "who you are" as to how you are treated. Anyone having worked in a tertiary care hospital will despise the MD/RN relationship- no respect whatsoever.

Advice to Senior ManagementPhysically GO to the treatment areas and talk to staff. Follow through. Keep promises. Keep everyone on the same page and accountable in upper management.

Senior Leadership needs replaced

Former Clinician (Former Employee) Greensburg, PA

ProsStaff have their heart in the right place. They really care about the patients and each other. They try to do what's right even when initiatives and priorities change continually.

ConsSenior leaders appointed in last 3 years are directly responsible for the downfall of this organization. Their agendas change frequently and they do not regard staff as the backbone of the organization and they are mistaken about this. The CEO is disconnected from almost everything and everyone in the organization and this has allowed the remaining senior leaders to make repeated mistakes which has led to frequent downsizing of great employees and initiatives.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to the Board of Directors. The CEO and a number of the senior executive team need replaced by individuals with sound judgement with a true regard for human capital.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall it was a good place to work with the exception of the last year and a half.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Greensburg, PA

ProsClose to home, great cardiologists, knowledgeable coworkers.

ConsNew management brought in last few years. Patient care not main focus anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to feedback from your employees and patients about recent decisions made.

Loved working at Excela Health

Admissions Registrar (Former Employee) Latrobe, PA

ProsAwesome people to work with. Decent benefits. Fun workplace. Good training and opportunities for advancement.

ConsManagement was sketchy some times... Took a while to get schedules out. Upper Management took a while to get back to you on things.

Good organization to work with

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat staff who are dedicated to providing excellent healthcare to the communities served by the organization. Management is responsive to the changing healthcare landscape.

ConsOld cultural norms are hard to shake. Continual (but necessary) changes within the organization are impacting morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to employees at all levels. Recognize that the pace that must be kept to address changes in reimbursements and healthcare delivery is alarming to many employees.

Disconnected leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat staff who generally want to do the right thing.

ConsStaff are not supported by managers, managers are not supported by directors/V.P.s and senior leadership. Huge communication gap at these levels. Lots of lip service from leadership but no action to support these words. Old style management. They make all decisions and then tell you what to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlain and simple.....walk the talk! They need to go out and see what is happening in the ranks and show the staff that they are interested and supportive of what they are doing. Instead, they appear disengaged.

Senior management is extremely disconnected from its workforce.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is a high camaraderie among coworkers, a real sense of working together. Interpersonal relationships were the best part of my position there.

ConsPractically insignificant raises annually, if at all. The raises are supposed to be based on your performance review, but the review process is extremely poor. Only negatives get highlighted. No raises 2 out of the last 4 years for all staff. Any actual raises are low regardless. You cannot ask for a raise; you get what you get at review time.
    Some senior VP's, especially new ones, micromanage and do not permit ideas from lower staff.
    Also, the term "red tape" is appropriate when trying to make any changes, i.e. updating a policy. Very difficult to accomplish. Others in this line of red tape take it upon themselves to think they know better than the content experts.
    There always seems to be more senior level management, but it's the lower folks who have regularly been getting laid off. There's no way this can't impact patient care and the physical environment of the facilities. Slippery slope....

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your people be the fantastic resources they are. Streamline the leadership, not the worker bees. Worry about employee satisfaction to the same level of patient satisfaction. If you have a pillar or value you say you hold high, don't contradict yourself through the fruit of your work.

I enjoyed coworkers

QA Assistant (Current Employee) Greensburg, PA

ProsI appreciated the benefits. The hospitalization, dental and vision benefits were very good. They are very generous and covered family and spouse. Paid time off was also very generous.

ConsA lot of politics. Who you know is important when working there. Difficult to make improvements at times. Easy to identify problems, not so easy to correct them.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow staff to covey problems. Management look the other way or don't want to acknowledge there are problems in their areas.

Relaxed work enviornment, company going in the wrong direction

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Greensburg, PA

ProsRelaxed work enviornment
    Flexible work schedule
    Good people to be around

ConsFrequent lay offs
    Minimal raises if any, no bonuses, no salary review
    Questionable decisions by senior leadership

Worked for Excela Health? Contribute to the Community!