Excelacom

Excelacom CEO Majid Naderkhani
Majid Naderkhani

Great Professional Atmosphere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Excelacom full-time

Pros

Since beginning my time at Excelacom I have been given opportunities to learn and grow in my field like no where else. The managers are extremely helpful when assistance is needed and co-workers are always willing to take time out of their day to help you in anything you could need. The personalities at Excelacom are very diverse which creates a great melting pot of thoughts and methodologies. I have had a few difficult times in my personal life but whenever I needed to take off to deal with something the company was very supportive allowing me to make up hours, or work offsite. I would recommend this company to anyone who doesn't mind working hard and learning a lot in an extremely professional and personally satisfying environment.

Cons

The pace at this company is extremely fast and demanding. Almost all of the employees are very fast on their feet and highly adaptable. This is certainly not a typical 9-5 type job, the work sometimes demands 45-50 hour weeks which can be taxing if you are not sold on the work you are doing. The fast pace and ever growing nature of the company demands a certain type of personality that is self-driven, and determined to produce a perfect product for their clients.

Excellent company that truly values employees as its most valuable asset

I have been working at Excelacom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. Nimble and fast-paced organization with open communication.
    2. Brightest, most innovative and hard-working/diligent minds.
    3. Competitive compensation package.
    4. Career growth opportunity. Work on a wide variety of challenging projects from mobile app development to strategic technology assessments.
    5. Work hard, play hard mentality with fun after work events

Cons

Change brings opportunity, and as in every organization, some don't embrace positive transition.

1. Continue to motivate employees with attention on career growth.
    2. Keep focus on growing the company without losing our solid foundation and core values.

An AWESOME Journey So Far!!

I have been working at Excelacom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The organization is making innovate changes to the way we approach our business, and its having an immensely positive effect on the way everyone is performing!

Cons

Excelacom is working everyday to enhance the company brand. Because of my role within the organization I have to do a lot of explaining as to who Excelacom is in the market place. This is something that I know is in the process of changing but it does present its share of challenges.

Please stay the course!! It makes it very easy to get up and come to work with all the changes being made. Knowing that we as employees will have the chance to be a part of the success story is exciting and very fulfilling!

Fast paced company continuing in the right direction

Current Employee - Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at Excelacom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Small company feel with great growth potential. Employees have strong sense of ownership and are given opportunity to represent the company and work very closely with its clients. The company does not have a rigid hierarchy which allows people at all levels to work together.

Cons

Same challenges faced by other consulting companies. Teams are not centrally located, so it is difficult to create a bond between all of the company's employees.

Continue on the current path where we have seen significant improvements with internal and external marketing of the company.

Great company! Dynamic, positive and huge potential for growth.

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Reston, VA

I have been working at Excelacom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Dynamic, fast paced and positive company culture. The company is in the midst of a re-branding process, and setting very interesting strategy.
    The management is open to new ideas and initiatives and you have the ability to influence.
    It is a great opportunity to gain vast experience.

Cons

The company is fast paced, and this doesn't fit everyone... Expectations are high...

Keep pushing the improvement process. It is great.

New Direction, New Strategy, Focus on Customer Satisfaction and Quality

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Excelacom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management direction to enhance customer satisfaction
    Improvement with product and service offerings
    Focus on quality
    Management focus on customer and employee satisfaction
    Investment in people, management, and products increased significantly
    Rewards high performers

Cons

Adding mentoring programs to guide employees
    Establishing a career path for consulting staff & engagement managers to grow into management levels

Continuous improvement plans to grow the company year over year
    Focus on employee development

Good company values, wealth of knowledge & genuinely kind employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Excelacom as an intern

Pros

I dove feet first into the experience & was treated as nothing less than an equal. I was allowed to see what goes on "backstage" during the marketing process; a cool behind-the-scenes experience you don't find just anywhere.

Working at Excelacom taught me about consulting & professional services, yes; however, the most important lessons were from conversations I had with other employees. Everyone I spoke to was both incredibly knowledgable in his/her own arena and tactful in life as a whole; not to mention that my supervisors were invaluably supportive and kind. The upper management always stops to say hello and have a conversation with you -- I never felt a divide between the rest of the employees and myself, which I found to be very telling about the core of the company.

Of course, a well-paid internship is hard to come by and is enticing in itself... I struggle to find anything I would change about my time at Excelacom and would recommend it to anyone up for a rewarding, exciting internship experience.

Cons

Looking outside at the beautiful summer weather was very trying at times! Of course, this is true for most summer internships...

On the fast track to more and more success. Very excited to watch Excelacom on its journey to becoming a true household name and even more of a powerhouse company than it already is.

Unprofessional, unethical and in denial to accept employees feedback

Former Employee - Consultant in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Reston, VA

I worked at Excelacom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are so many cons that is hard to find a pro to work on this company. Good employee relations

Cons

As mentioned above this company has so many problems that it can't be fixed by merely commenting on one situation. Based on personal experience; some employees career growth is non existent and only the people who have manager/employee relationship outside of work are privileged to get ahead on the company. Own employee credentials are usually overlooked because the managers believe they know everything they need to know about their employees and manipulate them in any way possible to obtain some value. Company constantly lies to employees and clients all together in order to achieve the managers own gain. Management is the only one with any decision and most of their will is what is seen at the end of the year. Company is in complete denial because most if not all of it's employees are unhappy and instead of listening to their comments the company rather belief that the employee has no idea on how the company should be handled. Used to be an open door management but is a closed group that gets all the benefits and actually listen. Unless you are in the privilege few, you don't really matter in the company. People are moved between projects because a manager believes that he or she is a fit for the position without even looking at the employees credentials and when actual opportunities are available with the employees skill, anything is done to please the manager and not the employee. This creates an environment where you are not in control of your own career but in fact the managers do and make anything at their convenience. Employees which have been successful are not considered to grow because the management group wants them to continue working and others which have no skill set are even promoted or allowed to do nothing just based on the fact that they have limited skills. An employee is not allowed to learn for the benefit of the company and when opportunities are available to certificate or add value to this person, it is up to the manager to decide up to the point that any lie is given and I quote: " We are not suppose to school you" mentality has been said. While other with less credentials are given anything thanks to their relationship with their manager.

Pay close attention to your employees skill set, increase benefits to match the market and revamped most if not all management because they have made anything to their will. Also lying is considered a valued skill set and it's own CEO is constantly lied about results and made belief that the company is running like any other company when in fact is under performing and could be at a different level. Don't just change the marketing strategie which is the same for several years, you need to re-structure company's internal organization. Open your eyes, because many more employees will be leaving and the amount of new hires is not enough to keep up with the clients demands.

Embarrassing Executive Leadership

Current Employee - Executive Management in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Executive Management in Reston, VA

I have been working at Excelacom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The main (and arguably only) reason to work at Excelacom is the potential to make decent money.

Cons

There are many... Excelacom does not stock or provide office supplies; the executive leadership considers employees as chattel to be used up at will; the executive leadership (starting at the top) regularly lies to both employees and clients; the office culture is depressing and unfulfilling; there is absolutely no work-life balance; 90% of the bonuses go to 5% of the staff.

Majid needs to stop pitting one executive against another and should really make an effort to treat his entire staff well... not merely a "treasured" few. He relies far too much on an Accenture-based culture and [lack of] values that promotes abusive behavior from management, burn-out of staff, and an utter lack of respect for everyone (including both clients and employees).

Good way to jump into fire

I have been working at Excelacom

Pros

Get a lot of responsibility quick. Fun people to work with. Lots of exposure to upper management

Cons

Work hours can extend into weekends and nights

Time off on weekends