Excelitas Technologies Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Excelitas Technologies CEO David Nislick, Ph.D.
David Nislick, Ph.D.

I had great experiences on this company

Former Employee - Quality Control in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Quality Control in Fremont, CA

I worked at Excelitas Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In this company, you get a chance to voice out your great ideas.

Cons

You get a chance to further your knowledge by letting you apply on some challenging job like Lean Manufacturing

Advice to Management

Well, I had better and nice experiences from my old management which is from Perkin Elmer.

Buyer

Pros

Company gave me the opportunity to learn different job duties within the corporation.

Cons

Does not give you any time to grab your personal items, when you have 13 years of working with the company you accumulate lots of things.

Advice to Management

Loyalty to an employee should be given right back.

3. Challenging

I have been working at Excelitas Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to guide the direction of a developing division.

Cons

Nearly every employee is over worked.

Advice to Management

One word: resources.

5. "A" players - welcome to a company that values you!

I have been working at Excelitas Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Intelligent, ambitious, top performing employees thrive with this company by being rewarded promotions within, salary increases, and projects that are both challenging and exciting. With this organization I am able to maintain a Work/Life balance, there is very little micromanagement, and I work with a great team of competent and driven colleagues. The culture is welcoming and fun, positive office environment - everyone here is a true professional in every department. Employees at this organization are really good at what they do, so team collaboration is welcomed!

Cons

I cannot find anything negative to say about my employment with this organization. The benefits are great (BlueCross PPO), compensation is market appropriate, incentives are rewarding. My only advice is for individuals who are just seeking any job, this is not the company for you and should seek employment else where. This company is custom tailored for ambitious and top performing employees in all departments.

Advice to Management

Improve communications to employees regarding internal changes.

6. This is not the company for you if you are a top performer and prefers not to be micromanaged.

Pros

Overall the company is decent. Lots of wonderful people to work with. Benefits are very good.

Cons

Excelitas is going through lots of change, we have been acquiring companies at a rate of 2 per year, and the company does not run like a "global" company. Infrastructure like IT systems are disparate, but they are working on this- great IT people. As far as top management - let's say they need to know the need to clean house fast of a number of middle management people. Just do all your homework if you are looking for a job that requires interacting with HQ management

Advice to Management

Listen to employees very carefully if they have suggestions/concerns. Stop the politicking and BS...People who are hired to do a job are there because they are top contributors - treat them that way.

Great company! Excellent opportunities!!

I have been working at Excelitas Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I get to work with people from all around the globe. People are great...a real collaborative culture. Also, the company not only cares about its own people, but also those within the surrounding community.

Cons

I wish my commute was easier. Traveling in 128 traffic can be frustrating at times.

Advice to Management

The company is headed in the right direction and I'm glad to be a part of it. Keep up the great work!

8. Good salary, but high pressure from upper management

Pros

If you want responsability you can have plenty and probably too much. Still I do believe this company has a I potential if well managed.

Cons

it's not because you work hard that you will go up in the company. It's unfortunity all about self publicity and now that I know it's working for me. But it's a lot of wasted time. It's also very complicated to have the resources to achieve high goals.

Advice to Management

Let us forget about carrot and stick mentality, it's only working for simple task and not work creativity work or improvement work and six sigma projects. But I believe things can get better for both productivity of the compagny and the quality of the working environnement. Go for it Nislick!

Member of engineering team

Current Employee - Engineer in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Excelitas Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, interesting technology, career stability and good benefits (pension plan, insurance)

Cons

Little feeling of freedom for innovation/R&D, no long term vision, mostly Quarter to Quarter profit monitoring.

Advice to Management

Do not turn into a commodity supplier, innovative was key to our success for decades.

Micromanagement

I have been working at Excelitas Technologies full-time

Pros

Employees want to do well for the company

Cons

Management doesn't allow any decisions by employees

Advice to Management

Let go of the reins and trust your employees

Executive Friendly; Employee Unfriendly

Pros

- Decent benefit package - 5% 401(k) match

Cons

- Incompetent leadership team - "Good old boys club" - Zero training provided/paid for by company - Huge bonuses for Directors and above; none for employees who actually do the work - Cheap!! Always want talent at the lowest cost possible - Company is being driven into ground - will not be around in two years - Leadership not concerned with employee morale issues

Advice to Management

- Stop cutting all costs so YOUR bonuses will be bigger. - Try providing recognition to employees and thanking them for hard work. - Employees are your #1 asset. Until you realize this, you will continue to experience turnover and will not attract the best and brightest.

RSS Feed </> Embed