Excell Data Reviews

Anthony (Tony) Doye
1 Rating

Smart & Ethical

I have been working at Excell Data

Pros

Solid business practices and clear metrics
    Run ethically, I saw people trying to do the right thing consistently and many staffing companies prioritize profits.
    Invested in training to make people successful
    Reasonable metrics

Cons

Not a good place for those uncomfortable competing
    Lacked diversity of thought or otherwise

Does not pay well.

I worked at Excell Data full-time

Pros

Not very much personal support or interest in you as person. Seems interested only in keeping customer happy and their bottom line.

Cons

Take interest in and take care of those who are making you the money.

Women beware

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Excell Data full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Team members are very friendly and always willing help. Recruiters are hard working and diligent in there work. The recruiters work well under extremely high pressure and never let you down

Cons

Management makes promises they don't keep. There is no on boarding process. No respect for sales and do not give them the proper tools to do there job. This is not a place of stability they a very high turn over and if you have any serious medical issue they will not support you. You will more than likely have to take up grievance with the state before they before will make reasonable accommodations. They also do not have a strong delivery team and make
    it very difficult to open a new account.

You are very out of touch. This is a democracy not hierarchy. Jill needs to get out behind her desk and be available to her team. More hands on and give them the respect that they deserve. The various teams need training on a regular basis. Do not lie about what your true capabilities are you are only setting up people to fail. Make sure that your delivery team is solid. Not only technically but also socially and have the ability to present to clients as well. The consulting practice needs allot of help! Rick Jorgensen is out of touch. He needs to send in a spy to truly know whats going on.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A decent contingent staff provider that supplies Microsoft

Former Employee - Software Design Engineer  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Software Design Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Excell Data as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Culture is low-key and professional. They were able to provide me with a second opportunity after my first interview didn't result in a hire.

Cons

Like a lot of recruiters for Microsoft, most of the positions they have are Microsoft jobs. This means they probably won't be able to find a position for you during the mandated 3-month break between a- contracts.

You have to explore your career path by yourself within the company.

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer  in  Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at Excell Data

Pros

Flexible, some training can be reimbursed, 401k

Cons

no formal training, project can be terminated earlier than expected

I expect the company can provide more diversified opportunity to its employees; the hire team should have better knowledge about the job requirement and the on-going project so that can tailor the individual to his/her best fit for type of job. The project manager should follow up more frequently and get better informed of what's going on on-site.

Little to no help or support when you look for a new contract after your previous one has ended

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer II  in  Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Software Test Engineer II in Redmond, WA

I worked at Excell Data

Pros

For the most part, the Resource Managers (at least in my experiences) generally leave you alone and don't interfere with your work during the contract.

Cons

After your contract is up, good luck in getting anyone at Excell Data to take any interest in your search for a new contract. This may be due to the sluggish economy right now, but it's hard to know. I want to stay at Microsoft in some capacity, as I've worked there on and off as both a Full-Time Employee (blue badge) and a contractor for more than ten years.

Right now, I am WAY beyond my 100-day break, and I'm desperately looking for a new contract. On several recent occasions, I've had unanswered responses to multiple email inquiries regarding my resume being sent to MS managers. I'm at the point where I'm thinking of using a different company to obtain contract employment at Microsoft.

Please tell the recruiters to be more proactive in trying to match prospective employees with suitable employment. Excell takes a sizable percentage of one's hourly rate before they get their wages, so I would expect Excell to work a little harder for their money than they're presently doing.

Excell Data - as an employer

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I worked at Excell Data

Pros

Open work environment
    Motivating Leadership
    Approachable leadership
    Good Benefits
    Good Incentives

Cons

Team politics
    Limited potential for career growth

Open more positions for career advancement
    Minimise team politics by encouraging fair practices

Either Incompetent or Dishonest

Former Employee - Software Design Engineer  in  Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Software Design Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at Excell Data

Pros

Probably the most comprehensive source of MS contract positions. Presumably competitive salary and benefits, although I wasn't employed long enough to take advantage of the latter.

Cons

Atrocious manager feedback, containing absolutely no actionable information. My Excell manager would simply regurgitate things she had been told by my lead, but with no understanding of the original context (or of what her notes even meant), she was completely at a loss to tell me how I could improve things. As a result, our monthly "check-ins" were a waste of time for both of us.

By far the worst aspect of my time with Excell, though, was the fact that they ended my contract per the original schedule AFTER promising me (in emails which I still possess) that it would be extended a month from the original ending date. I came in on Monday to discover that my cardkey no longer worked, my email address no longer existed, and, indeed, I had been completely purged from Active Directory and all other internal Microsoft systems. I called my Excell manager, who professed surprise, said she would look into it, and finally called back at the end of the day to inform me that "there had been a mistake" and my contract had expired per the original schedule. There was absolutely no attempt at any apology or explanation, or indeed any acknowledgment of responsibility whatsoever. I am furious about that, but it is still a relatively minor inconvenience for me - a few weeks of job hunting with no salary in the meantime. For my Indian officemate (who received the same false promise of a month's extension), it is much more serious - unless he finds a job immediately, his legal resident status is in jeopardy. Excell deserves to be sued for this level of malfeasance. I would urge anyone to avoid Excell as long as this kind of incompetent (or dishonest - I'm still not sure which) behavior continues.

Please hire managers who have a modicum of understanding of the MS product development process and who do not make false promises and then refuse to take responsibility for the results of their incompetence.

Excell Data is ok for a contracting company

Current Employee - Software Design Engineer In Test  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Design Engineer In Test in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Excell Data

Pros

They seem to have good connections with Microsoft and a a few other companies so they can be helpful in getting a contract.

Cons

Most of the downsides are due to the natures of most contracts. There are problems that just come with the type of job. For example constantly changing jobs and forced time off. For some people this ok but not everyone likes this kind of work.

Keep in touch with employees.

Fine Contracting Agency

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer  in  Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at Excell Data

Pros

Open clear communication during review process, monthly checkups to see how contract is going/needs/wants. Good support from this contracting agency

Cons

Very limiting not complete clause with hiring contract - 6 month limitation. This can be negotiated out just be aware.

Management of contractors seems to be fine

Worked for Excell Data? Contribute to the Community!