Exclusive Concepts

4.1

Scott Smigler

Happy to come to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Exclusive Concepts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was very nervous to enter work in a corporate setting. It was so refreshing to work with a group of genuinely good people who care about their employees, co-workers and clients.
    I feel comfortable in our office, everyone works together to give everyone a chance to excel. Our management is approachable and kind. You can feel that everyone is working hard to emulate our values: Always be Growing, Be Reliable, Be Good Communicators, Seek and Positive and Think Big.

Cons

Sometimes as a team we fall short of seeing past "we've always done it that way," but we have already begun to implement great change in the short amount of time which I have been on the team.

Continue to be good listeners and open to change

Hard work is rewarded!

I have been working at Exclusive Concepts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been working at Exclusive Concepts for two years. During this time, I've received 2 salary bumps and a promotion. This advancement didn't come without hard work, but I'm happy to say that it has really paid off thus far. Exclusive Concepts has given me the tools to excel at my job, and also the opportunity to take on projects outside of my core job description to help the company grow.

I have learned a TON since I've started at this company. The good thing about working here is that you learn about every service we offer: PPC, Google Shopping, SEO, Conversion Testing, and Email Marketing. The Senior Account Managers (and senior management) are all smart, savvy people who are extremely knowledgeable about eCommerce and internet marketing, and you are guaranteed to learn a lot from them.

Over the last year I've seen a big culture shift for the positive at Exclusive Concepts. They have completely revamped their hiring process and overall company strategy, and it seems to be really paying off. It's definitely becoming a more fun place to work as well (happy hours, etc.). The people are super nice - there are little to no office politics. It's a place where you can feel comfortable coming to work every day knowing that you can just focus on doing your job.

Bottom line: come here if you want to work hard, learn a lot, and seriously advance your career.

Cons

Sometimes the communication from senior management is too sparse. We are given a lot of independence as employees on a day to day basis, but more frequent check-ins on company numbers and goals will benefit everyone and keep us focused. I also think the number of personal/sick days could be increased.

Communicate more with lower level employees. Continue on the track you're on - the improvements in culture and strategy over the past year have been great. Also, maybe throw us a few more personal days ;)

VP of Product Development

Former Employee - Vice President of Product Development in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Vice President of Product Development in Burlington, MA

I worked at Exclusive Concepts full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They gave me the opportunity to grow and develop as a professional. If I had a new idea, I was given the chance to test and prove it.

Cons

The tendency for management to be risk adverse and not go for larger opportunities.

Take more risks!

Happy to be part of an exciting, rewarding company surrounded by great people.

Current Employee - Senior Internet Marketing Strategist in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Internet Marketing Strategist in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Exclusive Concepts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at Exclusive Concepts for about 6 years now. I'm sincerely proud of the work we do here and I'm happy to be part of an exciting, rewarding company surrounded by such great people.

One of my favorite characteristics of Exclusive Concepts is that every employee is given a voice, regardless of position. We are all encouraged to think big, to think of ways to improve and innovate. Whether that be improving our services to better serve our clients, or coming up with ideas on how together we can make Exclusive Concepts the best place to work in Boston.

This democratization of ideas opens many opportunities for career advancement through the rewarding of hard work, innovation and initiative. I myself was originally hired as an entry level analyst. Today I am a Senior Internet Marketing Strategist, managing teams internally and working directly with ecommerce business owners to develop business growth strategies. Every member of our team is given the opportunity to advance professionally, and the company is committed to helping them do so as it is recognized that a stronger team results in a stronger company.

Exclusive Concepts is full of great people, not by accident. We have a core set of values that determine our business decisions, how we treat our clients, and who we hire. Because of these values our team is friendly, reliable, innovative and generally a pleasure to work with.

We have a nice office in a nice building, with a multiple cafe's and a gym within the complex.

Overall, I'd recommend anyone with an interest in ecommerce marketing consider Exclusive Concepts. Simply put, it's a great place to work.

Cons

There are no cons I'd like to convey other than the occasional, to be expected issues you'll run into when dealing with a diverse set of clients in a services position.

Middle management is great; senior management is less so

I worked at Exclusive Concepts full-time

Pros

Free coffee and sometimes some snacks. The middle managers are super smart.

Cons

Very difficult to get benefits. Promises made during salary negotiations were not upheld: bonus plan never given, reviews never given, 401K never given, had to chase HR person to get health insurance.

There was a time clock. Like we worked in a factory. Literally had to clock in and clock out.

It was hard to start new - there is very little interaction between each of the specialty services.

If you promise a great benefits package, have one. If you promise bonuses, give them. You have some awesome people already there so make sure you know all of them feel appreciated.

Recently hired, feeling challenged and appreciated.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Exclusive Concepts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Three P's sum up this company…. Positive attitude, Passion for what they do and Performance driven. A positive attitude is a key to success and is what is exemplified on a daily basis. Have been amazed by the talent and passion each individual brings to provide the best possible service to our clients. The willingness of my peers and management to share knowledge to help you perform at your best is truly inspiring. As with any small company, you need to be quick on your feet, juggle multiple tasks and be able to work independently which can be viewed as frustrating to some. The approach that management is taking to ensure that not only an employee is the right fit for this model, but that new clients are the right fit as well is rare and has become a fundamental building block in their continued success. The supportive environment keeps me motivated on a daily basis. Very excited to see where the future leads and what opportunities lie ahead both for the company as well as my self-growth. All positives….flexible work schedule, ability to work independently, value of employee’s opinion, positive work environment.

Cons

Not necessarily a con but a learning curve. As any small company continues to grow, there will be growing pains, but have been impressed by the willingness of management to address these concerns and share future direction with their employees.

Continue to explore new growth opportunities and bring your employees along for the ride....

Disorganized and Little Respect for Employees

Former Employee - SEO Specialist
    Former Employee - SEO Specialist

I worked at Exclusive Concepts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They offer great flexibility with scheduling and some of the people depending on department are great to work with and knowledgeable about their craft. Nice office in a good location.

Cons

The company is very disorganized and only focuses on clients, not so much employees. Don't expect a raise or promotion unless you give notice or have been there an extreme long amount of time. Even if you get promoted, there may not be a raise. All you get is a pat on the back for all your hard work.The short time I was there, an average of one person a month had left (some for personal reasons more so than company). I had a lot of issues getting my health and direct deposit set up. They did not offer me any benefits until after 3 months of work (3 months of cobra is extremely expensive). Two weeks of no carry over vacation (employee handbook says new employees only get one week. Don't sign without correcting it). With small companies come small budgets, making it nearly impossible for you to do any type of significant work, resulting in a lot of client complaints because they were told elaborate plans before signing a contract. They sign clients for money, not necessarily for the best option regarding their concerns. Very little options for career advancement...most people reach senior level positions and have no where else to go. I had expressed my concerns about what I had wanted to be doing (what I had initially been hired to do in the first place), only to have them give me more of the same work (basically, the BS work no one else wanted to do).

They make big promises, like giving out bonuses or days off for good work but never follow through with any of it. The company is constantly undergoing chances, but they never seem to have the previous changes under control before doing anything.

Pay attention to your employees and treat them with the respect they deserve.