Executive Staffing Solutions

4.0

Aaron Wandtke

AWESOME place to work!

I have been working at Executive Staffing Solutions full-time

Pros

Company paid trips, great on-boarding and training, casual dress (jeans), great office location, comfortable environment, regular celebrations to acknowledge individual and team success, team lunches, membership in NAPS and paid trips to annual conferences, continuous training, fun team, family environment, good benefits. Senior recruiters are very helpful. Managers want us to be successful. They invest too much in the hiring and training process to see us fail.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say. Everything has been positive so far.

I'm very happy but would like opportunities to work remotely on occasion. Also, would be good to see PTO broken down into pools for vacation, sick, bereavement - not a huge deal, but a suggestion.

Micromanagement to the max sets you up to fail

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worthington, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worthington, OH

I worked at Executive Staffing Solutions full-time

Pros

Nice location and office set up. Established book of business and reputation in the industry. Fun perks, like contests for trips, days off, etc.

Cons

The company is built upon the premise that you "own your own desk". They say you can make as much money as you'd like but then make promotions next to impossible. There are rules specifically designed to prevent you from being promoted to the next commission level. Either you are a star recruiter or you're nothing. If you can't cut it, they will let you go and move on to the next pool of recruiters. It's very churn and burn with a lot of underlying tension in the office.

Don't micromanage your recruiters or use scare tactics. Provide a better environment to feel supported and guided rather than belittled and degraded.

The most supportive, inspiring and fun place I've ever worked.

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Worthington, OH

I have been working at Executive Staffing Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The entire team is very close knit and there is little to no negativity - we all want to help each other succeed and truly care about each other. Management does everything in their power to help us grow and develop professionally, and they are constantly giving incentives and rewards, like all-expenses paid trips to exotic locations, tons of time off, industry conferences in Las Vegas, and more. Very sharp group of people that have helped me get so much better at what I do just by following their example and taking their suggestions. The company culture is informal and the team is a very lively and entertaining group - never a dull moment (in a good way) - but when it comes down to it this is the smartest and most accomplished group of colleagues I've ever had and they help me get better at my job every day by modeling professionalism, ambition and persistence. Finally, I've worked at other recruiting firms where there is pressure to put in 60+ hours a week, etc. and it is just not like that here - not at all. We all work hard but are entrusted to simply get done what we need to get done, and if we can do that and leave at 5:01, so be it, and management is fine with it. Working here really gives you the sense that you are in control of your own destiny and not just pandering to someone else's idea of what you are "supposed to do."

Cons

Recruiting in general is an industry that is full of ups and downs, that is a normal part of the job and everyone is going to have bad days, fall offs, disappointments, etc. The good thing is that everyone here supports each other through those times.

Best company I have ever worked at by far!

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Worthington, OH

I have been working at Executive Staffing Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work life balance, autonomy, fun contests, excellent leadership, opportunity to advance, fun team environment, onsite gym, no cap on compensation potential, company trip each year (all paid for), voted #1 place to work in the city!

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about ESS. It's simply the best company I have ever worked for.

GREAT place to work!!

I have been working at Executive Staffing Solutions full-time

Pros

Positive work environment, awesome team atmosphere, great training and ongoing support, unlimited earning potential, employer paid benefits, fun and motivational contests, lots of time off, constant training, very consistent, great follow through from management, very welcoming from day one, awesome office! highlights include: free day off on birthday, huge gong in office that you get to hit when you make a placement, contests for free tropical vacations, contests to leave early on Fridays, wear jeans to work to benefit a charity and sometimes management cooks pancakes for breakfast!!

Cons

nothing bad to say, management runs a very smart business!

would be nice to have the ability to work remotely after a certain number of years or after a certain amout of production.

You need to watch your back, be productive at all times and agree with management or you will become invisible.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Executive Staffing Solutions

Pros

Good industry training and great benefits. Great income potential.

Cons

Management practices nepatism on a regular basis. You are micromanaged every day. If you are sick, you have to come to work and stay in a sick room. You are made to feel guilty when you take scheduled time off from work. They have no employee grievance policy and procedure, so unless they personally like you, you live in daily fear of losing your job.

Take a look back at why you lost qualified employees. You need to foster a more respectful work environment and develop more trusting relationships with your employees. Don't speak to your employees as if they are children!

Maximum Micromanagement, little room for advancement, sets you up for failure, churn and burn mentality

I worked at Executive Staffing Solutions full-time

Pros

Fun receptionist, above average cubicles, good on the job training, provides health benefits and 401K to all employees

Cons

Strict time watchers (whos first in? whos first out? mentality), extreme favoritism towards brown nosers, pretty girls or top producers (otherwise you are invisible), horrible IT technical issues all the time, commission structure intentionally sets you up for failure and to make little to no money, no room for advancement, goes through new employees like water

If you want going to preach "this desk is your own business and treat it like your own business" you should give your employees the freedom to make their own decisions and not micromanage them. We are adults and would like to be treated like adults.