Exel Contact Logistics

John Gilbert

Nice place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Pros

good place to work.
    management seems to be aligned appropriately
    willingness to work with work/life balance situations
    vacation requests, not a problem

Cons

bonus program not reflective of employees efforts and attitude
    non-salaried employees have an insulting bonus program
    management does not rewards to extra efforts and willingness of non-salaried employees

Rework bonus program for Administrative Assistants, especially those proven to go above and beyond the call of duty. $75.00 per year is an insult. Should be a minimum of $1000 per year. Have a little more respect for the hard working Administrative Assistants and repremand those that just sit at their desk from 8-5 and go home without the extra effort to help others.

NOT a good place to work

Former Employee - Module Operator  in  Johnstown, NY
    Former Employee - Module Operator in Johnstown, NY

Pros

They take safety seriously. Pay is a little better than other jobs in the area.

Cons

For the extra 50 cents or so an hour that they pay you, the management seems to feel entitled to treat you like trash. Its not the work that they ask you to do, its the way they talk down to you constantly. There is more BS coming out of management's mouth than any other place I've ever worked for. As a result, morale is SUPER LOW.

Lose the attitude. Learn some humility. Stop mistreating people.

Glad it ended!

Former Employee - Mod Operator  in  Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - Mod Operator in Spartanburg, SC

Pros

Great pay to make some kind of living off of. Thats about it.

Cons

Certain members of the "management" team treat you like children, they spy on you while working to actually see if youre working or not. Who does that? If you have a serious family emergency they don't try and help you out with the point system, don't try to come in and think you are gonna move on up bc youre not. Management picks who ever they want to for other job opportunities within the plant. If you injure yourself expect to be treated with disregard. If all youre trying to do is pay your bills (not a student, or single INVOLVED parent) then thus job is for you. I even had a supervisor to blatantly show favoritism towards another employee after we spoke up about it, they fired him and kept her (the supervisor) that was a eye opener as to what kind of company I was working for.

Treat your employees how you would want to be treated. Show some initiative when them are hard on the floor and help out every blue moon or eclipse.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

work that requires no brain power.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Springfield, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OH

Pros

The benefits are excellent, we work ten hour days so we get long weekends

Cons

Managers seem more worried about how they look than how the employees are treated. the pay is less than I made ten years ago in the same field. The work is kind of brainless and that is how I feel I am treated at times. Work is according to demand so we don't know from one week to the next how many hours we will work, in the past three weeks we have worked about five days.

treat people like you want to be treated and you will get more out of them rather than trying to act like tyrants. One extra minute of break won't put Exel out of business.

great place to work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Baytown, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Baytown, TX

Pros

nice people, great benifits, the logistics business will always thrive even when the economy is down.

Cons

fast past business. 60% of time on the phone with customers.

if you say there will be changes.... Make sure they happen

Very troubled and unfair.

Current Employee - Module Operator  in  Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Module Operator in Spartanburg, SC

Pros

Great benefits and pay and great associates

Cons

Lack of management to impose consequences to rules not being followed and jobs offered to people without being posted because supervisors just choose who they like not who deserves the job

Impose consequences to rules being broken. And let everyone have chance to apply for jobs not just who supervisors want to do it

stressful

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate  in  Johnstown, NY
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Johnstown, NY

Pros

insurance is good, pay is good.

Cons

they have no consideration for their workers and some of the management are on on ego trips.

If you don't mind being treated like a drone, Exel is the place for you.

Current Employee - Material Management- Logistical Support  in  Belleville, MI
    Current Employee - Material Management- Logistical Support in Belleville, MI

Pros

I have to say, the only pro to working for Exel is that they'll hire just about anybody to handle international logistics for major companies, which is great for the people they hire, because for many people this is the best job they could ever have. But horrible when in your job you have to rely on people to their jobs correctly, if you're dilluting the intelligence of your workforce you make things much less smoothly. No experience required, no education required.

Cons

I think I should just make a list here, but I'll try to give a broad overview of the downsides of working at this company. In the past two months Exel has permanently laid off their two highest seniority employees- cutting costs, while the Site Supervisor continues to make more on his Christmas Bonus then many of his employees make all year, there is absolutely no room for promotion, their contract with their biggest supplier (at the Belleville location this is GM) runs out in a year and the entire workforce will probably be wiped out at this point. The Attendance policy is incredibly unforgiving, it runs on a "point" system, missing a day would get you a point. 8 points in a year, no questions asked you are fired. The problem with this system is there is no such thing as a sick day, and general purpose days need to be put in for at least a week in advance. So car breaks down? Sorry, you've earned a point. Caught the flu, can't work for 3 days? Sorry you just got 3 points. I realize somewhere along the way this might have turned into a rant, I guess the point I'm trying to make here is if you want to be treated like dirt for decent pay and be constantly scrutinized for things you have no control over, Exel is the company for you.

For management? Please for the love of god improve on your hiring process, just because this girl is over 18 and her dad's driven a hi-lo in the warehouse for a few years doesn't mean she's a quality employee or capable of doing the job.

New hire at Exel

Pros

I am a new hire at Exel. After a period as a temporary worker I was hired in as a full time associate. After working a total of 16 months as a temp at other logistics sites in this area I can say that I am very satisfied with my new position at Exel. This company seems to care about its staff as much as its customers. That is a refreshing change after other sites I have worked. I hope to be an asset to this company for a long while to come.

Cons

Mandated overtime on the occasional day off, but not to often.

Continue the town hall meetings on a monthly basis to improve communication between management and staff.

Awesome and exciting place to work.

Pros

Constant change, growth and interaction with many different types of people.

Cons

Lack of communication between associates and management.

Provide better communication instead of last minute deadlines when possible.

Worked for Exel Contact Logistics? Contribute to the Community!