Exel Logistics Reviews

Updated September 29, 2014
2.5

Exel Logistics Chief Executive Officer, North America Scott Sureddin
Scott Sureddin

Pros
  • Work Fri-Sun 12 hour shifts, you get paid for 40 hours (in 4 reviews)

• Decent pay, Good training, benefits, co-workers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management concentrates in the wrong areas (in 9 reviews)

• Promotions take forever, no work life balance at all (three days off in between Memorial and Labor Day (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company till I met the incompetent managers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Exel Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is competitive among service provider companies; overall competent and capable senior management team; some highly intelligent and professional managers that are able to retain high quality talents

Cons

Managers that were promoted internally from warehouse/operations were not property trained and do not have basic people management skills; they pretty much ruin the culture with their own "management rules". Power play in senior management.

Provid sufficient training to your managers if they are promoted form the floor mainly because they have worked there long enough; prepare them to face and manage staff that could be more intelligent or higher educated than themselves; conduct reviews on managers incuding evaluating the turnover in his team and interview his team members for feedback; An incompetent manager could cost the Company's human asset easily.

Work hard then work harder

Former Employee - File Clerk  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - File Clerk in Columbus, OH

I worked at Exel Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay, Good training, benefits, co-workers

Cons

Chaotic work environment, unorganized management, No real advancement opportunities

The company really does not care about their employees at all. I rarely met someone who stayed and worked here longer than a year. You were asked to do a lot, sometimes doing the workload of two employees rather than just yourself and no matter how much work you were given to do, you were expected to get it done by the end of the day. If management cared more, it would be a much better place to work.

If management took the time to care more about their employees and got more organized people would stay there for more than a year.

Great place to work.

Former Employee - Order Picker/Forklift  in  York, PA
    Former Employee - Order Picker/Forklift in York, PA

I worked at Exel Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Weekend Shift. Work Fri-Sun 12 hour shifts, you get paid for 40 hours. Great pay for the area. Chances for advancement. Overall I really enjoyed working there.

Cons

Physically demanding job, but good exercise. Not exactly the best leadership, but what do you expect for a warehouse type position.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management lies and disrespects employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Vonore, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vonore, TN

I have been working at Exel Logistics full-time

Pros

Pay is ok, but you top out way to soon. Insurance is good. There are only two really good, hard working supervisors.

Cons

There is one Manager who will say on an open radio that she feels people are lazy and "milking" the clock. She disrespects the Team Leads over the radio too. We have way to many Supervisors. They want you to show initiative with hopes up "moving up.". Instead they just pile more responsibility on you. They allow some people to pick and choose where they want to work. Men seem to be favored over women.

This is for Upper Management. OPEN YOUR EYES !! Make your Management Team Accountable. Don't take whatever they tell you as gospel. DO YOUR OWN INDEPENDENT RESEARCH. Stop treating the employees like they are stupid and don't pay attention. Stop penalizing the hourly employees for your mismanagement. How about all of management give up some of their pay. Getting paid for 40hrs when we are not scheduled for 40hrs and do not work 40hrs. Give up their bonuses if money is so tight. Very frustrating. I use to actually love coming to work, now I dread it.

Horrible experience. Management very rude. No training. Just thrown to the wolves

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Detroit, MI

I worked at Exel Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

The salary was not bad, and the four day work week was nice.

Cons

The company does not care about your personal life. No internal promotion. Lies to get you to accept the position. Also, bonuses that never actually materialize.

Be more hands on. Work with your supervisors. Make sure they are comfortable before releasing them on their own. DO NOT JUST HIRE YOUR FRIENDS, look for qualified candidates.

It has been a learning opportunity that has helped me to develop both personally and professionally.

Current Employee - Ops Supervisor
    Current Employee - Ops Supervisor

I have been working at Exel Logistics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, advancement opportunities, and several locations in which to chose to work.

Cons

Opportunities across the board for site and remote upper management restructuring and communications improvements.

Remember at all times that in a service oriented industry, your workforce is the means to the finish product and it's the finish product that determines where contracts have the greatest chances of renewal are with a satisfied and happy workforce.

Managerial issues

Current Employee - Forklift Operator  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Exel Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Its a good company, but bad management in S C J in Atlanta Ga. Politics been played by the managements and supervisors imposing their friends on everyone,uplifting and imposition of beloved ones by the managements.

Cons

Managements in S C J in Atlanta are fond of changing the policy by imposing new associates upon old ones cos they are somehow related, discriminating and hatred is practiced openly here, if you are not a MUSLIM or an AMERICAN, you are not recognized here, all these would soon be addressed at appropriate law court

I guess the head office should come and do proper investigations and and HR too in Atlanta is no where to be found, no presence of HR in the building at all.

Could have used more help from management to move up.

Former Employee - Inventory Control Clerk  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Inventory Control Clerk in Columbus, OH

I worked at Exel Logistics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The team I worked with was a positive and helpful group that would work with you to understand what needed to be done.

Cons

We never knew when the next sale was so you could not plan any vacation time to spend with your family. No encouragement from management to help move you up. Top out pay was lower than expected.

It is not a good idea to tell your team in a town hall that they should just be glad they have a job. It makes your workers feel as if they are not contributing to the advancement of the company and are not appreciated.

Shady Work Experience. Don't Work in Baytown.

Former Employee - Production Worker  in  Baytown, TX
    Former Employee - Production Worker in Baytown, TX

I worked at Exel Logistics full-time

Pros

I was able to make money for a little bit. Some of the people as anywhere make working there okay.

Cons

Good Ole boy network. The leadership makes offhand jokes in company meetings with out discipline. Some of the offended employees are scared to report what is going on. 3PL for these guys mean bill the companies their lack of initiatives in opera for while neglecting operations. Husband and wife teams work in different locations making the network of information what ever they want it to be. If you are not from the area or know any of the leadership I would not work there.

I would advise Leadership outside of the facility to examine what is going on at the location. Perception can be noticed very quickly. I would also speak with some of the customers to see their opinions of the operations.

total disrespect for employees

Current Employee - Associate  in  Newville, PA
    Current Employee - Associate in Newville, PA

I have been working at Exel Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

None, even pay is often messed up

Cons

attitude, payroll problems, supervisors only look for ways to fire people, when a company fires an average of 270 per year, out of 320 assigned, management does not see that as a problem. Get hired, but keep looking for a real job, not a place to make a career

Look at yourself and your policies first

Worked for Exel Logistics? Contribute to the Community!