Exelis

Exelis Reviews in Greenbelt, MD

2.9

Exelis President & CEO David F. Melcher
David F. Melcher

Pros
  • Great benefits, flexible work hours, pro-family / work-life balance (in 11 reviews)

• Good Pay, Benefits lacking, Time off (If they allow you to take it) decent (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesnt care to much about workers and create work (in 20 reviews)

• No job security, stressful environment due to multiple layoffs & more looming layoffs (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

poor value to the customer

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Greenbelt, MD
    Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Greenbelt, MD

I worked at Exelis full-time (less than a year)

Pros

high salaries for people who've been there a while

Cons

Haughty attitude but lack of relevant experience resulted in repeated and numerous mistakes on display for international users. Do not learn from mistakes, but repeated them. Not interested in new ideas, process improvement, etc.
    Displayed no effort to remedy numerous issues experienced with new contract.
    Very high value placed on long time employees, not so much on newcomers.
    I did not see an excellence in hiring, as I knew a number of poor performers that were hired on by them.

Your lack of interest in exceeding expectations for the customer is going to catch up with you eventually.

Engineers Beware

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

I worked at Exelis

Pros

Pay was good but it was absolutely necessary to negotiate during the interview process. Many opportunities to learn new things.

Cons

The management structure is horrible. They promote engineers to management that have absolutely no people skills at all. I have never been treated worse by a manager than I was at ITT. HR was an absolute joke.

I also noticed a lot of pay inequity for people performing relatively similar tasks.

Managers should be examined when he/she has an extremely high turnover rate. Perhaps promoting people with good management skills and not just generally high performance would help.