Exelon Reviews

1. Working here is great and rewarding

Current Employee - Comed AMI in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Comed AMI in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Exelon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love working for a company with great pay, benefits and takes care of its employees safety 24/7. It also helps out in donations and volunteering that makes it stand out in the community's it works for making it a better place for all.

Cons

I cant find anything but good stuff to say about Comed at Exelon. I want to stay here for a long time. The pros overshadow any minimum cons at Exelon.

Continue to reward the hard workers that will make the core of the company even stronger.

Mar 12, 2015Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you so much for posting this review! We appreciate the time you took to post this review. Thanks again!

2. Very Happy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Exelon full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Salary, bonus, time off/vacation, location, flexible.

Cons

Tough on work/life balance sometimes (but when you work for a giant corp...it happens)

Feb 5, 2015Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for your post. Exelon appreciates the opinions of our employees and we value your feedback. Thank you again!

Job security and great benefits, but lacks growth potential

Former Employee - Lead Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Lead Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Exelon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

IT Dept seems to be moving more toward newer software and innovation, but it is slow.
    Benefits are great (PTO, Flexible work schedules and remote work, Medical Ins).
    Great, modern office space in the Chicago loop location.

Cons

Training and growth opportunities are lacking above a Sr Analyst (Sr Developer) level in the IT department.
    Although they talk a lot about work life balance, it doesn't come to fruition due to the constant downsizing and resistance to hiring new FTEs.

Practice what you preach with emphasis on training and work-life balance.
    Provide more opportunities for inter department transfers to allow employees to grow at least laterally and learn other businesses to help with job satisfaction.

Feb 5, 2015Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We highly value and appreciate your input. Thanks again!

5. A great company with its fair share of faults and challenges.

Current Employee - Industrial Cleaner in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Industrial Cleaner in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Exelon

Pros

The pay is excellent. One of the few employers that still offer some college tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Many departments are understaffed and/or presented with so many challenges that it is hard to stay above the water.

Keep a positive attitude regardless of the seemingly endless uphill battle. Support those who are striving to succeed on a task and hold accountable those who do not. No more, "good ol boy" club.

Jan 21, 2015Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking the time to post this helpful review! Exelon appreciates and values the opinions of our employees. Thanks again!

6. Analyst

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Exelon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large company with many career opportunities. There is a lot of potential for growth. Great compensation and benefits.

Cons

Need to offer more development opportunities and workshops for lower level employees.

Nov 25, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for your helpful review! Exelon values and appreciates the opinions of our employees and we thank you for your feedback.

7. Building a Strong Family of Companies

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Exelon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exelon continues to build a strong family of companies across the Unites States. Corporate values are blended with cultures of the various operating companies to drive strong performance that allows for excellent career opportunities. Compensation and benefits are enhanced by dedicated training and developmental opportunities allowing employees to build and enjoy an excellent career with the company.

Cons

Work-life balance can be a challenge in this industry. This can vary by operating company as emergency response can be a large part of the energy industry.

Nov 4, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking your time to post this review! Exelon greatly appreciates the feedback of our employees and we value your opinion. Thanks again!

8. "Excellent Company"

I have been working at Exelon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits in an exciting Industry (Energy). I love that Nuclear is clean energy and we are expanding into other areas in Energy/Utilities. I get to work with intelligent people who promote safety and excellence every day. We are a top notch organization and Industry leader and we demand the best in all we do. I take pride in working here.

Cons

Need more career advancement/Managing/Team Lead opportunities for mid-level non-managers or rotation programs. Increase working off-site acceptance and increase work-life balance considerations.

People respond better to compliments and recognition rather than continuing to demand more work with less resources to save money. Happy employees are productive employees. Stressed, overworked, and disgruntled employees do not do their best work.

Nov 4, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for your helpful comments! Exelon values the opinions of our employees and we appreciate your feedback. Thanks again!

9. Exelon is a great place to grow your career.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Exelon full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Exelon is at the heart of the changing energy industry; the organization is facing significant challenges (as are all energy companies) in the next few years, and for those who like to make an impact, this is the place to be in this sector. If you are a high flyer and contribute at the top of your game you will be recognized and you can make things happen that wouldn't be possible in other companies.

Cons

Because of the challenging space the company is in right now, it can at times be a bit of a tough environment and the demanding, self-criticism culture isn't for everyone.

We need to find ways to make it safer for people to take risks and experience set backs as learning opportunities.

Nov 4, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. Exelon appreciates the hard work of our employees and we value your opinion. Thanks again!

10. Great company that genuinely cares about its employees and has excellent benefits.

Current Employee - Human Resources in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Exelon full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are plenty of resources for training and development. Exelon is good about promoting from within and offers plenty of opportunities for both professional and personal growth. Also, the employee benefits are great and Exelon partners with multiple business to offer company discounts.

Cons

The work load can be challenging at times. The culture is definitely that of a team environment, however, employees are expected to sometimes drop current projects that they may be working on in order to put out any fires that may arrise.

Nov 4, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking your time to post this review! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

11. Exelon is a great company to work for, and has a position for any background!

Current Employee - Program Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Program Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Exelon full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The opportunity at Exelon is limitless, it truly is an organization that wants to develop each of its individual employees. The work is fulfilling and management is approachable and encouraging of new ideas and strategies. Good work life balance, schedule can be flexible and opportunity to work from home. Compensation and vacation days are generous. Exelon allows you to be a contributor from day 1, and has high expectations of each of its employees, however employees are rewarded in both compensation and recognition. Collaborative team culture, and sense of community among departments.

Cons

There are not any negative comments to make about Exelon.

Oct 16, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you so much for your input! Exelon appreciates the hard work of our employees. Thanks again!