Exelon

Updated November 25, 2014
Updated November 25, 2014
4.0

Christopher M. Crane

Pros
  • Excellent pay and benefits in an exciting Industry (Energy) (in 10 reviews)

• Work /life balance is heavily promoted in most organizations within company (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Increase working off-site acceptance and increase work-life balance considerations (in 26 reviews)

• No flexibility, no work life balance (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Exelon as an employer

I have been working at Exelon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exelon as a company is great to work for in many ways. Excellent pay and benefits and I work with amazing people. There are so many intelligent people who work here and everyone is always so willing to answer questions and help. The friendly culture here is really a great thing as I came from a company where employess would not even say hello in the elevator or restroom, so the fact that we do here without it being such a chore is a fabulous breath of fresh air! I work here with pride and can smile when people ask me where I work and what I do. It's a neat industry to work for.

Cons

Desperately need job advancement opportunities for mid-level employees. We are top and bottom heavy, and not enough opportunities in the middle. Need more lead opportunities for some to get more leadership experience. Work/life balance is a huge issue. We desperately need to get on the "telecommuting" train like the rest of corporate america. I understand at the sites that's difficult if you are in a plant role, but support roles should be able to more easily telecommute. It should not be something that is frowned upon. It should also be acceptable to have jean Friday's every Friday no matter what floor or work location you are on. Such a basic perk could make so many employees so happy!

We spend a lot of time criticizing here and not complimenting. I can say from experience, a basic compliment goes a LONG way. A high five or a thank you for your efforts motivates employees so much more than always saying work harder, work faster, work more, it's never enough. We need to acknowlege more often what amazing things our employees do and you'll see even more amazing things to follow!

Nov 4, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you very much for your input! Exelon greatly appreciates these helpful suggestions and we value your opinion. Thanks again!

Great Company

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Exelon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Exelon for 5 and half years and overall it is an excellent company to work for. Total compensation package is top notch. Work /life balance is heavily promoted in most organizations within company.

Cons

Leaders tend to advance and promote who they like. Very political at times. Salary tends to be just average.

Consider all employees for advancement opportunities.

Oct 28, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Exelon values the opinions of our employees and we appreciate your feedback. Thanks again!

Engineering Intern

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Lombard, IL

I worked at Exelon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very laid back, request time off if needed, can get by doing not much, extremely high pay for an intern

Cons

Very misleading job description, did little to no engineering work.

This truly seemed like a place where you just do the daily grind and get paid way too much.

Some interns were doing groundbreaking projects and contributed a great amount of work. While others simply counted telephone poles each day. Really just a hit or miss in regards to intern experience.

I actually almost quit the internship how unhappy I was.

Have more control over the interns projects, very unfair across the board.

Operations analyst

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Exelon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, good if you live in suburbs of baltimore

Cons

Too many levels before becoming a manager

Nov 25, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for your post. Exelon values the opinions of our employees and we appreciate your feedback. Thanks again!

Strong company with good benefits

Current Employee - Human Resources Support
    Current Employee - Human Resources Support

I have been working at Exelon full-time

Pros

Great benefits, pension with company match, competitive salaries and ability to develop in different areas.

Cons

Understaffed in areas, chaotic at times, while some departments support work life balance the company as a whole has a long way to go.

Lifelong friends at a Company that doesn't care about their employees

Former Employee - Principal Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Principal Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Exelon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are hands down amazing, will miss working with each of them

Cons

The Company leaders are so far removed from employees, you get the sense that they really could care less about employee satisfaction, work life balance, etc. There is so much amazing talent, that the leaders are unaffected when people leave, and in fact the company culture is such that, many people feel like they are getting pushed out, regardless of their excellent performance reviews.

Listen to your employees, empower them to speak up, back them and invest in them. You may see a change in turnover if you do these things. However, it is likely that you like to see employees leave and so if that is the case, dont need to change a thing.

Oct 28, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking your time to post this review. Exelon values and appreciates your opinion. If you are willing to provide additional detail, please email CorporateTalentAquisition@exeloncorp.com ... More

Good company, friendly employees, good benefits and pay

I worked at Exelon

Pros

Pay, friendly people, solid benefits, good environment

Cons

Some of the work is tedious and not challenging

Oct 16, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking the time to post this review! Exelon values and appreciates the opinions of our employees. Thanks again!

Working for PECO (an Exelon Company) has opened many doors!!!

I have been working at Exelon

Pros

Great compensation.
    Great vacation benefits.
    Awesome Health Care benefits and resources.
    Onsite fitness facilities at most locations.
    Wonderful training program for most positions.
    Back-up/ Emergency childcare is available.

Cons

Work-life balance
    Emergency response roles can keep you away from family and planned commitments for days and/or weeks.

Oct 28, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you very much for posting this review! We greatly appreciate your feedback. Thanks again!

Exelon is a great company to work for, and has a position for any background!

Current Employee - Program Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Program Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Exelon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The opportunity at Exelon is limitless, it truly is an organization that wants to develop each of its individual employees. The work is fulfilling and management is approachable and encouraging of new ideas and strategies. Good work life balance, schedule can be flexible and opportunity to work from home. Compensation and vacation days are generous. Exelon allows you to be a contributor from day 1, and has high expectations of each of its employees, however employees are rewarded in both compensation and recognition. Collaborative team culture, and sense of community among departments.

Cons

There are not any negative comments to make about Exelon.

Oct 16, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you so much for your input! Exelon appreciates the hard work of our employees. Thanks again!

Great place to work

Former Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Exelon as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, compensation and company culture. The best part about working at Exelon is the people. All of the people I interacted with had a through understanding of what they were doing and how they were helping the company strive for excellence. Everyone was the one same page.

Cons

A lot of contractors that leech the company, not enough in-house talent. Hire from outside too often when there is a perfectly qualified candidate in-house. I have seen many people be passed over for openings simply because they didn't want to show favoritism in the hiring process. Flawed system of hiring.

Try investing in employees more and try caring about work/life balance. Work consumed a lot of my time and energy along with many others at the company.

Oct 16, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for posting your review. If you would like to provide additional insight please feel free to email CorporateTalentAquisition@exeloncorp.com. Thanks again!