Exelon

Updated November 25, 2014
Updated November 25, 2014
4.0

Christopher M. Crane

Pros
  • Excellent pay and benefits in an exciting Industry (Energy) (in 10 reviews)

• Work /life balance is heavily promoted in most organizations within company (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Increase working off-site acceptance and increase work-life balance considerations (in 26 reviews)

• No flexibility, no work life balance (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Engineering Intern

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Lombard, IL

I worked at Exelon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very laid back, request time off if needed, can get by doing not much, extremely high pay for an intern

Cons

Very misleading job description, did little to no engineering work.

This truly seemed like a place where you just do the daily grind and get paid way too much.

Some interns were doing groundbreaking projects and contributed a great amount of work. While others simply counted telephone poles each day. Really just a hit or miss in regards to intern experience.

I actually almost quit the internship how unhappy I was.

Have more control over the interns projects, very unfair across the board.

Blessed

Current Employee - Nuclear Security Officer in Braceville, IL
    Current Employee - Nuclear Security Officer in Braceville, IL

I have been working at Exelon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This company is innovative and has strong values and core beliefs.

Cons

Very hard to get promoted, education doesn't count, tough to get intervies and leave the department.

Look at education as a strength. Get to know your employees all the way to the "lil" people.

Oct 16, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. If you are willing, please email CorporateTalentAquisition@exeloncorp.com to provide additional detail. Thanks for your feedback!

it was great working with Exelon corp.

Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Chicago, IL

I worked at Exelon full-time

Pros

office culture was great, and work life balancing was great too.

Cons

training was pretty good.

Oct 6, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for your review! Exelon values the opinions of our employees and we appreciate your feedback. Thanks again!

Office Politics run amok

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Exelon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are very good and pay is above average

Cons

Office politics are very big here and your career advancement is dependent on you getting into the right circle. Your opportunities for promotion as well as your annual bonus is very dependent on you kissing up and knowing the right people. Backstabbing and gossiping were rampant during the time there and it felt like a high school hallway at times. Favoritism runs its ugly head in terms of promotions and merit increases.

Oct 16, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We appreciate all of the feedback our employees provide. If you are willing to provide additional information, please email ... More

Lifelong friends at a Company that doesn't care about their employees

Former Employee - Principal Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Principal Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Exelon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are hands down amazing, will miss working with each of them

Cons

The Company leaders are so far removed from employees, you get the sense that they really could care less about employee satisfaction, work life balance, etc. There is so much amazing talent, that the leaders are unaffected when people leave, and in fact the company culture is such that, many people feel like they are getting pushed out, regardless of their excellent performance reviews.

Listen to your employees, empower them to speak up, back them and invest in them. You may see a change in turnover if you do these things. However, it is likely that you like to see employees leave and so if that is the case, dont need to change a thing.

Oct 28, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking your time to post this review. Exelon values and appreciates your opinion. If you are willing to provide additional detail, please email CorporateTalentAquisition@exeloncorp.com ... More

Good exposure to large corporate legal department

Former Employee - Law Clerk in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Law Clerk in Chicago, IL

I worked at Exelon as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Large Corporation provides opportunities to gain insight into the many facets of the legal function. Real estate, regulations, litigation, transactions, etc. Pay was good for someone in law school, especially when most people did not find paying summer internships.

Cons

In the regulatory group, work is slow if there is no rate case with the ICC. There was no involvement with the other practice areas. Not looking to hire from the intern program (at least at the time I was there)

Provide more continuous communication with attorneys and interns and collaboration among attorneys and interns across different departments to provide more exposure to the different areas of work.

Oct 16, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for posting this review. Exelon values the opinions of our employees and we appreciate your feedback. Thanks again!

Great place for career growth and opportunity

I have been working at Exelon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The energy industry is currently in a state where innovation and creative thinking are a must. It has been very refreshing to work in a place where innovative thinking is a priority. There is a lot of opportunity for movement and the leadership training courses are very impactful.

Cons

It can be very overwhelming and you can sometimes have too much on your plate at once. For most of my time here i was in a group where i was the youngest employee by 5-10 years. As a young professional you can often feel a part of the minority. But, the demographics are changing and there are many more young professinoals than there were even a few years ago. There are also employee resource groups where young professionals can meet and can network.

Sep 24, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you very much for posting this review! Exelon values the opinions of our employees and we appreciate your feedback. Thanks again!

Great Place to Grow and Work!!

Current Employee - Recruiting Programs Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiting Programs Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Exelon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Exelon has been one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The projects and teams that I support are amazing. My leadership team is very engaged in our team structure, alignment, and strategies that support both our own teams and the company as a whole. The company provides very competitive pay, superior benefits, and career development opportunities to help further my professional growth and education. I work with some of the best people and thankful for the role I have.

Cons

While some say there is a problem with Work Life Balance, you have to remember we are a 24/7 operation. For me, this has never been an issue and have received great support from my Supervisors and Managers. Other than that, there is nothing negatively I can say about Exelon.

Sep 24, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you so much for taking your time to post this review! We greatly appreciate all of the hard work you do for Exelon and we value your feedback. Thanks again!

Best Place to Work - Even with only 2 years at Exelon, this is the best company I've worked at in 40 years.

Current Employee - Human Resources Analyst in Chicago, WI
    Current Employee - Human Resources Analyst in Chicago, WI

I have been working at Exelon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exelon provides me opportunities to work on projects that align with the Corp strategy. The work I do really matters! My leadership team (manager, director, VP, and SVP) ensures that my dept has the right people, in the right roles, and at the right time to deliver results. I work in a dept where team work is 'off the charts.' I truely enjoy the challenge of serving as a strategic business partner to other Exelon's depts. Never a dull moment; the word 'bored' is not in my vocabulary. Ffeedback on work performeed is constant and very rewarding. Even with just 2 years of experience as an employee, Exelon supports my career goals and development. My manager encourages me and allows me to use my knowledge, skills, and abilities to enhance the work assigned to me. What a great place to work!!!!

Cons

Computer setup and system access takes too long when an employee first joins the company. The first 3 days are NOT highly productive, but after that — no problem. It seems to take approx 3 days to get your computers and system access all setup and ready. Too many calls to IT, but all issues get resolved. It would be great if all the computers and system access was ready on Day 1 of a new hire.

Sep 24, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you so much for taking your time to post this review! Exelon values the opinions of our employees and we greatly appreciate your feedback. Thanks again!

Great growth opportunities

I worked at Exelon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, demanding work, promotions, compensation, incentives

Cons

leader's not held consistently accountable

Sep 24, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for your post! Exelon greatly appreciates the opinions and feedback from our employees. Thanks again!