Exelon Reviews

174 reviews filtered by

1. Dead end job in security

Current Employee - Nuclear Security Officer in Byron, IL
    Current Employee - Nuclear Security Officer in Byron, IL

I have been working at Exelon full-time

Pros

Job stability. Benefits; medical, dental, etc. Pay is above average.

Cons

Can be mandated to work overtime anytime; can't really plan activities on your days off. Will work nights for quite a number of years until you gain seniority. The management doesn't care about your personal life or your opinion. Seems like the rules are always changing. Procedures are in place but unfortunately left to personal interpretation. Equipment is old or broken; the environment is reactive instead of proactive. If in security dept., very difficult to transfer to another department, even if you have experience or qualifications. It's a "who you know" environment. Lots of cliques and seems like a lot of buddy-buddy environment. If you are what's considered an "outsider" your career will not flourish.

Treat employees like human beings. After all, they are your greatest asset.

Feb 5, 2015Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking your time to post this review. If you are willing, please email CorporateTalentAcquisition@exeloncorp.com to provide additional insight. Exelon appreciates and values your input ... More

2. Plenty of opportunities!

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Exelon

Pros

Because of the company’s size there is usually plenty of entrance opportunities, with good compensation.

Cons

On the other side of coin, try to enter into the area you are interested in, moving from one job to another becomes difficult especially if you are good at your job.

Work harder at promoting from within.

Feb 5, 2015Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking your time to post this review. We value your feedback! Thanks again!

3. A great company with its fair share of faults and challenges.

Current Employee - Industrial Cleaner in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Industrial Cleaner in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Exelon

Pros

The pay is excellent. One of the few employers that still offer some college tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Many departments are understaffed and/or presented with so many challenges that it is hard to stay above the water.

Keep a positive attitude regardless of the seemingly endless uphill battle. Support those who are striving to succeed on a task and hold accountable those who do not. No more, "good ol boy" club.

Jan 21, 2015Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking the time to post this helpful review! Exelon appreciates and values the opinions of our employees. Thanks again!

Great resources, bad culture

I have been working at Exelon

Pros

Access to top notch modeling and risk systems. One of the largest energy trading platforms in the country.

Cons

No transparency on pay or performance. Poor morale in the trenches.

Lead the company as a meritocracy.

Feb 19, 2015Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking your time to post this review. We appreciate your feedback and value your opinion. Thanks again!

Just OK

I have been working at Exelon

Pros

Pay, Work Life Balance, Benefits / Pension

Cons

Clique-ish, Career Opportunities, Integrity within leadership

Listen to people on the front lines

Jan 13, 2015Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Exelon values your opinion and we truly appreciate your feedback. Thanks again!

7. Great benefits but low morale

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Exelon

Pros

Compensation is great as are the benefits. Job security is solid and company is well established.

Cons

Job sites tend to lean towards the rural side. Company morale is lacking due to poor management communication and increasing difficulties with staffing. An aging employee base with mass retirements and the judicious use of contractors at huge expense to the company.

Jan 13, 2015Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you very much for this helpful review. Exelon appreciates all feedback and we value your opinion. Thanks again!

8. Intern

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Exelon as an intern

Pros

Great culture and good pay with opportunities for personal growth

Cons

Possibly not enough work for to have a full day

Nov 17, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking the time to post this review! If you have further suggestions please feel free to email CorporateTalentAcquisition@exeloncorp.com. Thanks again!

A culture rich with diversity & inclusion initiatives, career opportunities, caring for employees and communities.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at Exelon full-time (less than a year)

Pros

One of the best corporate orientations I have ever attended. People here are passionate about their work. There are alot of employees that come in and stay for their entire career. World class recruiting, diversity and inclusion initiatives, employee resource groups, training and development opportunities. They pay their employees very well and offer great benefits.

Cons

I am still new and learning about work-life balance in ComEd. You have to be in the office every day and in my department are required to stay until atleast 5:00 pm which is peak traffic time. . It is difficult to be home early enough to get dinner on the table help kids study for tests, attend kids activities. Would be nice to have a little more flexibility to come in earlier and leave earlier.

There has been alot of training. There are alot of perks. I will have to see with more time how work life balance is.

Nov 4, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking the time to post this review! Exelon appreciates all of your hard work and we greatly value your input. Thanks again!

10. Good Experience

I have been working at Exelon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exelon's employees are very committed and hard working. The team I work on is very collaborative, and I appreciate the opportunity for open dialogue and idea sharing. Exelon provides lots of opportunities to become involved in the community and is very generous with its policies on matching gifts and supporting employees who volunteer regularly. The company also offers generous compensation, benefits, and pension plans.

Cons

Exelon is a very large corporation with many subsidiary companies that often seem to operate in silos, so there is a missed opportunity to share practices, resources, and employees between the companies. Training opportunities are abundant at the leadership level, but less so for middle management.

Nov 17, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. We appreciate your input and value your opinion. Thanks again!

11. Good compensation but it's a whirlwind

Current Employee - Lead Analyst IT
    Current Employee - Lead Analyst IT

I have been working at Exelon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Good pay and benefits
    - Opportunities for advancement
    - Opportunities for employee development

Cons

- Constant change is chaotic and destabilizing
    - Overly ambitious, too much work
    - Corporate culture values PC veneer to authentic expression

Slow down, stop expanding and changing all the time. Focus instead on simplifying and refining core businesses and functions.

Nov 17, 2014Sr Analyst, National and Strategic Programs

Thank you for taking the time to post this review! Exelon values and appreciates the opinions of our employees. Thanks again!