Exeter Finance

Add Photos

Mark Floyd

Fast growing organization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsSmall company culture in a mid-size organization. Great opportunity for change-agents and business developers.

ConsUncertain future. IPO? Sell to another finance company? Stay as privately owned?

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication about the state and future of the business.

tough company to work for small company growing rapidly and having growth pains.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsIndividual managers do still have some room for exceptions in making their work areas a more pleasant place to work.

ConsGrowing rapidly with small company mentality. Systems and manual procedures to do not support the workload.

Wonderful company to work for!

Dealer Services Representative (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsProfessional work environment, excellent salary, company cares about their employees, lots of vacation days

ConsThe only semi-negative would be the long hours at month end

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

NA

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany is constantly changing structure.

ConsTons of changes with management that aren't necessarily good.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess Management staff and more workers or at least working managers.

Up and Down Mostly Up

Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) Hurst, TX

ProsThe people were great to work with, particularly the management.

ConsData was all over the place and no one person knew where everything was so at times report writing was a chore.

Advice to Senior Managementproduce a meta data dictionary

Too Fast

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits. Starting to go in the right direction the past month.

ConsTried to grow too fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have stuck with the original platform.

It was a growing company that will be great in the next couple years.

Collections (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsThey were willing to pay good money for the job the employees that were hitting there goals ever month without fails.

ConsIt was a company that was just starting up at the time of me coming in, so the systems were still needing work.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever let go of your top performers, do what you can to stay on top of them and keep them motivated.

Fun place to work with good opportunity and

Intern (Former Employee) Irving, TX

Pros-The culture really is very cordial and upbeat.
    -Fairly relaxed environment.
    -This company is growing very fast.
    -Willingness to promote from within for the right people.
    -The ability to simply get your job done without unnecessary interference.
    -Management was always respectful to me.

(I worked in the corporate office; there is also a service center which I did not get to know very well.)

Cons-Can be hectic because the company is growing quickly.
    -Some competitiveness between departments can get in the way of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe hands-on with bringing new people into the various work groups.

Immature

N/A (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsGrowth unlimited. The company has proven the ability to grow and this affords a great deal of opportunity.

ConsImmature in process as well as organizational structure. Lack of process isn't necessarily bad in itself, but unwilling to commit to a process is. Primary systems and applications are externally managed preventing IT resources from taking complete ownership of the applications.This prevents the resources from feeling completely comfortable.
    IT has an extremely high turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview IT process and commit to retaining resources.
    Review organizational hierarchy and potentially add more leads or supervisors as opposed to so many VP's and AVP's. There is no in between to participate in the "weeds".

A diamond in the ruff

Intern (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsThe company was purchased by Blackstone a few years back and has experienced tremendous growth since then. After working here for a summer it is obviouse as to how they have managed this rapid expansion. They employees here are some of the brightest I have yet to encounter. Most of them have come over from other banking or finance firms, all of which with names you'd recognize. The most impressive aspect of the company is that despite the rapid growth they have maintained a small company atmosphere. Everyone here treats each other with respect, even as an intern I was assigned projects that actually made a difference and I felt valued more and more each day.

ConsIt doesn't have a large portion of market share, however I would expect to see this change over the next 5-10 years, maybe even sooner.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sure to keep recruiting the top talent that you have been grabbing consistently. Also, as the company grows do as much as you can to keep the amazing atmosphere and open door policy.

Worked for Exeter Finance? Contribute to the Community!