Exl Service

Exl Service Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Exl Service Vice Chairman & CEO Rohit Kapoor

Rohit Kapoor

Pros
  • good work environment they help you buld a career (in 25 reviews)

• gud salary,work life balance,lovable environment (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The work-life balance is missing in some HR functions, with a lot of work pressure (in 10 reviews)

• Senior management is excellent (majority) but most collegues are not the brightest (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great

Lead Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsEmpolyee Centric & homely feeling

ConsLesser Salary compared to market

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

good enugh

SBA (Current Employee) Greater Noida (India)

Prosgood to learn at entry level

Consbiased salary and designation structure

Advice to Senior Managementimprove salary and designation structures based on experience and not only qualifications

Only organization in the world where you will get fast track promotion even if you don't work and are below avg.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsTraining's and few Senior people who are willing to impart knowledge but now most have left the organization and hardly any knowledgeable people are left. Easiest place to get promoted worldwide. Just put down your papers whenever you are in need of something and you will get it happily. One and Only reason why you will see below average people becoming managers and other deserving people not being promoted.

ConsIt works more like Corrupt UPA govt. If you have contacts and can do all sorts of gossip, get your seniors food from the cafeteria pay on their behalf, do anything and everything to make them happy you will get fast track promotion every cycle. Work on the other hand is going from bad to worse. With majority of the projects being low quality reporting projects. And the place is filled with politics. Its the worst place for somebody who actually wants to work. Hard work goes in vain if you don't have good rapport or you are not acting like your managers servant or if you dont have gossip you wont be appreciated. People here are very biased if they are not this place makes them. And the coming generation of people are learning from the older generation and acting in the same way. I dont see a good change in this organisation for a long time.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't think about filling your pockets, think about employees as well treat all equally and respect all.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work for.

Lead Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Noida (India)

ProsFlexible, good environment, ample of learning opportunities makes EXL a very good company to work for. I would strongly recommend people to choose EXL as no 1 choice as an employer.

ConsRemuneration at exl is not considered very good or handsome. but one calculates the benefits out of training opportunities it is ok.

Advice to Senior Managementshould encourage in house grown up talents to continue with required support.

It was good.

Senior Associate Business Developer (Current Employee) Noida (India)

ProsGood people, nice work environment

ConsNot a good payer, senior management definitely has some issues to resolve

Advice to Senior Managementsenior management definitely has some issues to resolve

Review of EXL JAIPUR

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

ProsGreat,like playing number game,exciting,hard work ,ups and downs.

ConsThe salary is directly proportional to the profit

Advice to Senior ManagementNil

Not a company that I would recommend to a friend. But for someone to start with it's OK

Manager (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsFlexible shifts, stable processes. Comfortable environment

ConsNo Vision or no implementation plan to achieve the Vision. Lack of presentation skills to the highest level. Don't expect great talent (there might be exceptions). Employees are at least priority.
    There underlined, most important vision is - "Save Money at any cost", even if it means employee dissatisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to focus on your employees as well if you want keep your customers and shareholders happy

It gave me chance to explore myself at best.

Premium Audit Review Analyst (Current Employee) Noida (India)

ProsThe environment! You will not come to know who is the boss without an intro....Flexibility....grouping....and internal trainings for development in current role and for growth......You feel like coming to work because of the environment. Expectations of organization are very clear and signed yearly in form of your Goal forms. Tenured employees get a chance to be part of employee grooming programs. Which help in preparing for the next role or level.

ConsNothing as such...Sometimes a feeling of being under paid as compare to industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are your assets, preserve them. Cost effectiveness does not mean to cutting of on your assets. You have lost the organization which was created by Mr. Vikram Talwar.

It's OK

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Hire only from IIT and IIM hence you get a chance to work with good people
    - Decent Salary

Cons- No Work-life balance
    - Senior leadership has no vision
    - No focus on employee satisfaction
    - Work quality has deteriorated over the years

Advice to Senior Management- Employee engagement is necessary
    - Analytics is a fast-paced field, you will be left out if there is no focus on capability development

company full of internal politics and mismangement

CCE (Former Employee) Pune (India)

Prosnone worthy of speaking about

Conslot of groupism among employees, internal politics taking a big toll on the employees morale. gross human resource mismangement, not paying attention to employees needs. very high attrition rate.

Advice to Senior Managementneed to discourage groupism and internal politics. need to periodically shift managers and team leaders and assistant managers to other teams when given promotion so as to discourage favoritism amongst employees and promoted managers, need to monitor people behavior among teams to weed out harrassment by senior staff to junior staff like college ragging.

Worked for Exl Service? Contribute to the Community!