Exova

Be The First To
Add Photos

Exova CEO Ian El-Mokadem

Ian El-Mokadem

Very happy with this employment

NDT Inspection (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsWorking with minimal supervision, great support, good pay, nice atmosphere, challenges keep boredom away.

ConsHealth insurance benefits sub par.

good company, interesting work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat people work there, very skillful and analytical coworkers, problem solvers, the office environment is good too

Consnot much room for advancement, pay is ok, not a very flexible environment, they are stuck with their old ways

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Interesting!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Warren, MI

ProsThe paycheck clears every time!! You get to see and work with military vehicles that a normal civilian would never be able to see. Climate controlled so its nice in cool all year long.

ConsOnly if you know someone will you be promoted. If you ask for a pay increase they will turn the discussion into a conversation on why you are not able to get a increase. Lots of false promises. They will not cross train because everyone is afraid of losing their job. The turn around is usually 1 a month and then they hire a friend of someone instead of promoting from within.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone as a equal, Little things like pizza or subs can help the moral of a group.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Accounts Payable

Payable (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsBenefits and a few nice people

ConsUnprofessional, lack of knowledge from the managers. No people skills. Cannot be trusted.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to save money, hire a competitive and knowledgeable Managers who can really handle pressure and motivate the team so that people will not just come and go. You are not only wasting your money, you are also wasting time training new employees all the time. Rather than hiring a new admin, hire a new Manager.

the best team I have ever had the pleasure of working with

Prosmy colleagues are dedicated, hard working genuine people, I thoroughly enjoy working alongside them, the workload can be heavy sometimes, but that is the current state of our industry at the moment, we pull together!

Conswe are constantly in search of good staff to join our team and sometimes progress can be hindered by a very slow HR department especially when we are trying to source new staff. we can also be a wee be slow to take advantage of developmental opportunities with respect to our capabilities in relation to market demands.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten

Exova is a very poor run company

ProsYou get paid on time

ConsThe main Exova philosophy is to get the job done with the least amount of money spent.
    Wage increases are always below annual inflation.
    Little scope for career progression and no feedback from management when problem raised.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your workforce, however the best ones have left the company or looking to move on.

When Exova took over, it went downhill from there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Proscoworkers before they left or told to leave

Consno training, then no advancement

Advice to Senior Managementthe bottom line is not what counts

Good Money , expected better from a big company

ProsSometimes the things you look at can be quite interesting especially when touring the labs

ConsNo opportunities

Projects are not given enough focus and get missed due to being dragged off elsewhere.

No Training provided

Advice to Senior ManagementShow you exist to employees , let us have our say.

Good experience for entry-level resources, good introduction to various industries.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Offer good opportunities for workers wanting to grow quickly.
    - Relatively-good benefits for private sector.
    - Mostly hard-working and experienced workforce, interesting collaborations.

Cons- Compensation below average
    - Lack of genuine initiatives from management
    - Repeating the same mistakes, looking for quick answers, culprits.

Advice to Senior Management- Demonstrate more commitment to investing in your resources.

Was an excellent job until Exova took over

Administrator (Current Employee)

ProsSome good co-workers which have all now left the company. Good personnel benefits scheme although why not give employees free gym membership to help relieve stress

ConsNo prospects for career development until your technical staff. Expected to take on extra work because people leave and company doesn't replace them. Don't get pay increase (not even standard rate of inflation). Be expected to work whilst on holiday as no one will cover your work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry looking at what everyone does or can do before laying people off.

Worked for Exova? Contribute to the Community!