Expedia Reviews

Expedia President and CEO Dara Khosrowshahi
Dara Khosrowshahi

Great Benefits & relaxed atmosphere

Current Employee - Cruise Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Expedia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Great benefits like vacation reimbursement, health & fitness reimbursement, lots of paid time off, won a couple free cruises, and they love to feed you!!

Cons

I wish there were more opportunities to move up into management.

Its all what you make of it, and who likes you enough to promote you.

Current Employee - Tier III Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Tier III Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Expedia full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Its easy work once you can navigate through the programs. If you make the most of the extra benefits, you cant really complain to too much.

Cons

Easy to get lost in the shuffle if you don't associate with the right people for promotions.

A lot of people are left stagnant in their career because they made the wrong person angry at some point.

A lot of cliques and favoritism. Hard work only gets you a temporary promotion...sometimes not even that.

Advice to Management

Its a slap to your experienced, tenured employees, when you hire from outside of the comlany for supervisors to have that person not even make it 90 days.

3. Good Growth, Even Better Benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Expedia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Culture is as good as it gets. Very good transparency among the levels of the company. Clear goals are established with a focus on making sure employees are always feeling good. There is a clear growth line for moving up within the organization. Every day is a pleasure to be here.

Cons

It is difficult to identify any drawbacks to the current operations. The constant change and turnover can be exhausting as people move up in the ranks. Recent growth in hiring has shifted the culture a bit and can be difficult for some to assimilate.

It has been an Awesome experience thus far~

Current Employee - International Rate Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - International Rate Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Expedia full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Currently working from home! Excellent benefit package includes medical, dental, travel/wellness/tuition reimbursement, matching 401K, employee stock options, employee discounts and best of all- New parents program!

Cons

Lack of personal growth because of working from home...

Advice to Management

Please offer more training classes of ALL kind.

Expedia

Current Employee - Cruise Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Expedia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I like the relaxed dress standards. I enjoy that we have TV's dispersed around the office, there are very few limitations on computer use save from using social media during business hours. I like that we can tailor our sales pitches to accommodate our unique personalities. The benefits are fantastic. We are given adequate work space and our computers are not outdated. Tools are fairly easy to navigate once you get that hang of them. I do like how management adjusts EO to be available during slow times and tries to adjust sales/conversions to match needs so that the employees may have the best chance at succeeding and making money because that is why we are all here.

Cons

I wish the software was updated to be more user friendly. I feel that commission could be higher. I do not care for the hours or the shift bidding formula in place. I had really terrific hours and ended up with hours that don't allow me to participate in the activities or even see my family for that matter, which is quite disappointing and has really taken a toll on my family life. The office temperature is extremely cold. The training could be more efficient. I do not care for the fact that there are not enough desks for each employee to have their own space. I feel the problem should have been addressed and taken care of prior to shift bidding and enough spaces provided.

Advice to Management

I feel that management could be a bit more supportive when an agent needs help. Not all answers can be found in Eureka easily especially when dealing with a guest. When I had a question about a situation I had not encountered before a supervisor who was not my own told me that the floorwalkers were not available to me and I should figure out the situation on my own. I was looking for advice and a floorwalker was available. I did not appreciate the attitude displayed by that particular supervisor, in the future I don't think I would feel comfortable going to that supervisor for any advice or help I may need.

Great they just bought Travelocity maybe things will change

Former Employee - Travel Agent in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Travel Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Expedia

Pros

Could be a really fun place now that I hear they are implementing a lot of zappos culture this should be a fun place to work but unfortunately the supervisors make it A very hostile work environment

Cons

Most supervisors that there by who knew not because of their intellect in each department every department that they are over that they supervise they actually made a crappy agent

Advice to Management

You should do a clean sweep up upper management in Las Vegas.

Customer Service - Cruise

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Cruise in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Cruise in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Expedia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Poor and very inadequate training!

Advice to Management

Change your training staff and procedures!

Great broad education in the travel industry

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Expedia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most supervisors believe in their employees "moving up the ladder" and provides great support to do so. Promoting from within HAPPENS as long as employees are able to get through the natural challenges of working in a call center i.e. headache-inducing customers.

Cons

Turnover rate is higher than it should be due to previous inconsistencies in training which has been improving. Due to promoting from within the amount of "seasoned agents" is low.

Advice to Management

Better, consistent training with refresher courses will enable workers to feel more confident in their jobs and least likely to quit.

Its a job!

Current Employee - Tier III Escalations in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Tier III Escalations in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Expedia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

5 days a week 8 hr. Health care, Expedia Extras, basically to off set the low hourly. Gym reimbursement, silly celebrations of calendar days, like national hot dog day. The cruise department get perks from the industry , not air team. Looking to just get back on your feet for 6 months or a year this is the place. Paid training. The company makes so much money, you'll always have a job if you can survive unraveling destroyed travel itineraries using GDS. Sups are helpful and fair.

Cons

Prepare yourself for training class. 6 weeks paid, thank goodness. 15 programs to learn. Training class spends more time on non-sense about customer service (which many hired already have years of experience) rather than the actual difficulty of the Sabre and Amadeus complex PNR issues and how to fix it. I left an airline and air GDS can take years to master. No call center experience.... tough it out bro. Expectations change each week, it'll make your head spin and slow you down. After a year or more you'll be good. Take advice only from the leads. They are good but overwhelmed. Above all....It's a job, people! Its a call center with air conditioning, you aint digging ditches.

Advice to Management

Starting pay should be higher. Tell the marketing managers to answer their emails!

it ssucked

Former Employee - Cruise Travel Agent in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Cruise Travel Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Expedia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

no pros everybody just whines about calls

Cons

management micro managin
    no room to advance

Advice to Management

dont micro manage