Expedia Reviews

1145 reviews filtered by

1. Enjoyable time working with a balanced company

Current Employee - Software Engineer In Test - II in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer In Test - II in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Working with a leader in travel, a huge industry, it's enjoyable to see your work change the travel space, and the impact quickly.
    The compensation is good (salary+benefits) and for the US, you start with more vacation than most companies and go up from there (15+ days)
    There is also a healthy work-life balance. Most days you can leave work at the door, and the door has sunlight still on it.

Cons

Expedia is not a small company and sometimes you can feel it. There is also an existing product, so it's hard to do something really different, but if you are creative you can make it work. Expedia is evolving, but I'm sure someone from a startup would find it naturally slow.

2. Great place to work!

I worked at Expedia full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

HIgh energy place - lots of fun people to work with - many are very passionate about collaborating together. Great leadership (CEO/CFO) that do a great job of communicating vision, etc. through town halls, etc. Expedia also puts together fun events for employees. In order to be successful here, you need to be able to thrive with constant change.
    Great travel & vacation benefits.

Cons

It was difficult to move ahead within my org - but that is not truly representative of the company as a whole.

3. Company Review

I have been working at Expedia

Pros

Good atmosphere to work ., Good work culture

Cons

Did not notice any such issues

5. Associate Market Manager

I have been working at Expedia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work culture starting from leadership. Really great onboarding for market management employees that allows to grow network. Always changing to stay ahead of competitors. Very innovative company. Perks for travel is great.

Cons

Some may find the change to be difficult to adapt to however they do make changes for the better or it's a work in progress. Travel perks for family and friends could be better. Work life balance could be better as managers are away from home quite often.

Love working at this fast-paced, upbeat, fun company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The biggest pro for me is that employees are trusted for what they do. In circumstance after circumstance, I find that I am respected for my role because I was hired and have the job that I have. I appreciate the 5 year goals that the company is managed to at every level.

Cons

Fast-paced can be a double edged sword creating situations where you really can't get it all done.

Advice to Management

Read your email -- all of it. Sometimes there is just so many meetings and so much email that requests are missed.

7. Market Associate

Current Employee - Market Associate
    Current Employee - Market Associate

I have been working at Expedia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Expedia is a great company to work for! The company is always expanding and changing, so the work isn't dull or repetitive; there's always something new to learn. The culture is very team-oriented and supportive, and my office has a very positive and encouraging feel to it. Expedia recently expanded and hired a lot of new people, so as a "newbie," I felt very welcomed into the organization and am excited to see what the next big announcement will be! There are awesome benefits and travel perks that put the icing on top of the cake.

Cons

At first, there was some disorganization but now things have settled and everything is in order.

Advice to Management

Vegas 2015!

8. New employee to a new team and loving every minute

Current Employee - Content in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Content in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

One thing that's standing out is the incredible positivity with everyone I've worked with. Our team has our fair share of technical issues/tool gripes and alignment woes across different teams and geographies, but it's good attitudes all around. I haven't seen egos take over conversations; everyone seems to be genuinely optimistic that we can solve problems together, and we're making progress! Work/Life balance is also much more achievable than I've seen at other companies. I don't work through every weekend anymore, and I feel happy to jump in when needed as a result.

Cons

Things move fast, and a lot of decisions happen off the record. It takes a bit of finesse to get up to speed and stay there, but folks seem really open to sharing info--you just need to know when to ask.

Advice to Management

Look into a better system for tracking ideas/process improvement projects that don't need immediate attention.

9. Challenging and rewarding

Current Employee - User Experience
    Current Employee - User Experience

I have been working at Expedia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Generous vacation policy. The longer you stay, the more time you get.
    - Leisure travel and fitness program reimbursement
    - Opportunity to work with and learn from smart, engaged people from all over the world
    - Due to technology advancements, changing environment of the travel industry and adapting to user needs, the site is always evolving so boredom is not an issue.
    - Flexibility to work from home
    - When faced with problems, this is a figure-it-out culture as opposed to a finger pointing one.
    - As long as you get your work done well and on time, there is flexibility in what time you start/end your day. (How much flexibility varies by team/function, of course)

Cons

- It's a large company, so new ideas/processes take time to filter through.

10. Month 1 Employee

I have been working at Expedia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great on-boarding process that provides foundational knowledge, laying the groundwork to succeed. Dedicated, motivated employees that are willing to help answer questions and jump in to assist when needed. Great vacation time benefits.

Cons

Kitchens need ice machines. :-)

Advice to Management

To get the full company morale and corporate direction, looking forward to the next All-Hands.

11. Software Engineer In Test

I have been working at Expedia

Pros

Good work family balance
    Very friendly people
    Good benefits(travel, family leave,,,etc)

Cons

Relatively less salary compared to companies of same size