Expedia

Expedia Reviews in Springfield, MO

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Expedia President and CEO Dara Khosrowshahi

Dara Khosrowshahi

Pros
  • The company is really a fun place to work and embraces a great work life balance(in 117 reviews)

• Benefits include travel benefits and co-workers love to talk about travelling(in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • work/ life balance *might* make up for this when compared to some companies(in 35 reviews)

• Without close personal relationships to senior management you will hit a ceiling in your development(in 31 reviews)

13 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Excellent work environment and opportunity for GLOBAL advancement!

Sales Agent (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsTraining was comprehensive; excellent pay and benefits; many different opportunity areas for advancement. If you are interested, there are several paths for advancement to GLOBAL positions.

ConsNot very forgiving if you have speed bumps crop up in your life. If you aren't able to be there when scheduled, you will be written up. Though it didn't happen to me, some of my co-workers were let go due to family emergencies that caused them to not be able to work their assigned shifts. If you are hired, be sure you can work without interruptions.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would encourage upper management to audit their recruiters to be sure the recruiters are contacting the qualified applicants. I know some people who have applied but never received feedback advising them if they were considered or not.

Poor call center management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsThe company provided adequate training support for new hire employees and training for existing employees after significant changes.
    Good benefits (insurance, travel discounts, vacation time)

ConsManagement and Human Resources were ignorant of (or simply defied) employment law. Discrimination against protected classes was encouraged and sexual harassment was common. Whistleblowers received no protection and were punished for standing up to the illegal/inappropriate "status quo."

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement and Human Resources personnel need additional training in employment law compliance.

Expedia HR responded to this review

Jul 22, 2014

As a company, we take all feedback seriously - especially claims of harassment in any form. We have a dedicated, third-party hotline and Website that is equipped to take any information ... More

good company

Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsThe comany has great benefits and has a nice work environent. The people are friendly and real. A great global company with room for job growth.

ConsThe pays seems a bit low for the job performed, but this is a function of the cheap labor market in Springfield.

Advice to Senior Managementgood management team

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good pay for our area and challenging work - company says they like to cultivate talent but rarely promote from within.

(Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsThe company has low cost health benefits and above average pay. They are constantly challenging you to go above and beyond what you think you can do and are open to fresh ideas. Looks good on your resume.

ConsLittle reward for great effort, empty promises. They are continually downsizing your vacation and benefits in non salary positions. No support from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees to make good decisions. Stop the micromanaging and allow us to do our job. Promote more from within. It is nearly impossible to be promoted in the Springfield office. Recruiting and management in the Springfield office tends to overlook long term hard working employees in favor of external candidates. It promotes an atmosphere of distrust between long term employees and management.

RUN Save yourself the time and stress level

Sales Agent (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsGood benifits and vacation hours..good pay when you can get paid..

Conshorrible middle management!! if you would like to lie, cheat and kiss ass to make a living this job is for you! supposed to be a job that promotes within. after 3 years of working here, i have watched several people come and go, its just a big revolving door... they hire people for upper management that have never been on the phones,taken a sales call for the company or even worked in a telesales enviorment, instead of promoting thier tenur agents.SUPER SHADY MANAGEMENT.. you will get NO where in this company unless you are sleeping with the scum bag bosses or cheating..

Advice to Senior ManagementDrive your car off a cliff

The best place I have ever worked!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsIt has not always been easy, but I have learned so much.
    Upper Mgt really cares about how thier decisons impact the Brand and the Employees.

Expedia offers a great benefit package.

ConsExpedia is a big company with employees world wide. Being spread out can cause timing and communication issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. Thank you for keeping our great health care benefits.

Wonderful Company and great job!

Customer Service (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsFlexible hours, lots of room for growth and many opportunities, rewarding job. Since the need for shift coverage is available you can change your shift often, based on your metrics. Team atmosphere and really great supervisors.

Consstrict attendance policy, huge company makes training a bit over-whelming, can be difficult to find resources you need, and policies tend to change frequently.

Good at first, terrible in the end

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsGood pay
    Benefits are decent

ConsAwful management who backstabs you to get ahead
    Wrongfully accusing employees of things even though it has been reported
    Drama and gossip
    Lazy management who loves to chat with others than do their job. Also rude and thinks they're god.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the egotistical managers and get new ones.
    Actually look into matters before wrongfully accusing your employees.
    Hire better customer service that actually speaks English and isn't lazy.

Great Place to Work

Vendor Services Coordinator (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsAmazing benefits and perks to employees, Laid back work environment

ConsNo Cons that I can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to do more cross-training within the FINOPS department

Great culture

Lead Analyst (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsExpedia has a great culture, good compensation for the area, great benefits. There is generally a great teamwork dynamic here. For the most part,I find that everyone is just interested in helping everyone else. There's less of the back stabbing that I have seen in previous companies.

ConsThere could be a better work-life balance, at least in our department.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more proactive in handling performance issues.

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!