Expeditors Reviews

Reset

1. Expeditors

Current Employee - IS Supervisor in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - IS Supervisor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Expeditors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits Stable company - 35 years of operations and never a lay-off People ARE the number one asset in practice as well as theory

Cons

Telecommuting is not yet an option.

Advice to Management

Consider telecommuting

2. Don't go in as a contract worker...

Former Employee - Customs Broker Representative in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Customs Broker Representative in Memphis, TN

Pros

Location, hourly pay, job is relatively easy (Monotonous),

Cons

No communication, contract workers are endlessly strung along without hope of full time employment, management is unapproachable, colleagues are clannish and ignore new people for months.

Advice to Management

Value the contract talent (they work just as hard), stop direct hiring ppl off the street when you have qualified temps hoping to convert, supply cups in your kitchen (and salt and pepper), professionally develop your employees and management interpersonal skills (they're the worst!)

3. Brokerage Agent

Former Employee - Customs Broker Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customs Broker Agent in Atlanta, GA

Pros

None. Stay away from this place.

Cons

Little pay. Complacent people. Awful upper management. advancement depends on what you look like

5. Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Expeditors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many opportunities for those willing to work for it. No layoffs. Vibrant atmosphere. Lots of training.

Cons

Honestly, can't think of anything. I guess it comes down partly to having a good boss.

Advice to Management

Stay committed to the founder's principles.

I think it's a good place to work

Current Employee - EDI Systems Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - EDI Systems Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Expeditors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, lots of anatomy and respect. Challenging work where you are adequately supported. Benefits are good for a family, and the company is large enough that your SO can work here as well (without it getting weird). Lot's of training and room for advancement. Career is very much self driven.

Cons

Company is big, and you can get lost within all the other folks. Very slow to change an established process. Red tape, and a fair bit of it. Sometimes it's hard to get constructive feedback on your career progress. There is a lot of ambiguity in regards to roles and how to achieve the next position, e.x. Analyst II to Analyst III.

7. Great Company

Pros

Great company to work for. Always something new to learn and no fear or getting laid of.

Cons

Too many groups and policies to follow to get your work done. Mostly a waiting game.

Advice to Management

Management is great depending which group you're a part of.

Not the same place it used to be

Current Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Expeditors full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company for 35 years. Great foundation.

Cons

Hard work is not recognized anymore. You need to be on the right list (favorites) to get promoted even if undeserving. Hard Work, results mean nothing, if you don't have the right support behind you. Operations are lacking due to low wages, overwork and no recognition making it difficult to have account management execute on their duties and responsibilities as they are dedicated to operational issue solving consistently. No career path for Account Managers, that is the end of the road. The company has changed too much. Too Political now. The top is making the money, while the people at the ground, struggling for a paycheck.

Advice to Management

You are focused on the wrong initiatives, have lost focused on what made EI successful, our people, our culture, our focus on selling and building trust with our customers . Focus on Data, measures, making money for the top members and no longer focused on your people who support the operation, your culture is lost.

9. Customer Service Agent - Air Export

I worked at Expeditors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All operating systems are proprietary to Expeditors which makes looking up shipments from overseas offices extremely easy. Agent level co-workers are friendly and welcoming Good health benefits

Cons

Very low starting salary and not competitive with the local area Zero work life balance. Hours are long with no additional support because everyone else is equally busy. Everything is about numbers. Employees are treated as a statistic and not valued as part the company's "greatest assets"

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees especially those that do the work

10. Supervisor

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Expeditors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Majority of the people that I work with is good. The work can be challenging and it push me to be creative and improve my personal skill.

Cons

Always have too much work. No life-work balance. Upper management doesn't really care about workload per headcount. They just shove as much work as possible. Generally underpaid.

Excellent Benefits and Culture

Current Employee - Customs Broker in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customs Broker in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Expeditors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is great opportunity for advancement if you are willing to seek it out and voice your opinions to your manager. I also love that I feel secure at my job and their no layoff policy. All in all I have had great experiences working with Expeditors and see myself for the long-term.

Cons

The compensation can be a lot lower than at other places, but you also get 100% paid healthcare, which I think makes up for that a little.

RSS Feed </> Embed