Experian Americas

www.experian.com

Experian Americas Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
Experian Americas – “North America Education Ambassador Program”

Craig Boundy

Pros
  • For me, work-life balance is okay, no complaints(in 7 reviews)

• Good pay and benefits but no loyalty, doesn't matter how hard you work or how smart you are(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • They say they support a work/life balance, but it's sometimes met with animosity, even if you're a great employee whose had great reviews(in 4 reviews)

• Asked to use cumbersome CRM tool from Siebel as well as update several manual spreadsheets weekly for senior management(in 6 reviews)

Creative Team Review

ProsExcellent work life balance.
    Leadership that is not over bearing and open to ideas.
    Friendly people

ConsSmall crappy monitors
    Some of the work cubicles are not in distracting high traffic areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe work areas could be improved

Good job, good salary, limited advancement

Sales (Former Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsLot's of lateral exposure and opportunities

Consbureaucracy get's in the way

Advice to Senior Managementflatten the organization

Typical Corporate America, really

ProsFor me, work-life balance is okay, no complaints. There are a lot of opportunities and the location is good.

ConsWatch out for politics, really. Contractors are allowed to work from home and a very flexible schedule, while permanent employees are not, which is unfair. While there are a lot of opportunities, it's still difficult to move from one department to another and you get pigeon-holed quickly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Too Much

Customer Support (Former Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsGood Pay, Great People, site location

ConsMore with Less did not work and when it did you were outsourced

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople drive business, if it wasn't for the people, no business

Amazingly poor leadership--but great colleagues

Director (Current Employee)

ProsFair pay--solid benefits. Some terrific people--and amazing data assets for marketing, solid analytic staff

ConsHard to imagine less effective senior leadership. Poor technologies meaning exceptionally long working hours to fill holes. Yearly reorganizations to no purpose. Finance runs the show--so off-shoring and lower quality client deliverables, lots of meaningless reports to fill out--and poor technology support-- a help desk that tries but to no avail. Frustrating place to work if you want to do a good job

Advice to Senior ManagementSpin off the marketing services business--and stick to credit services.

Great people but senior leadership is bad and layoffs are constant.

Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

ProsYou are exposed to a variety of firms through client interactions and developing solutions to help them. Lots of great people at the company and I learned a lot from them. The project work was interesting and rewarding.

ConsThe culture is horrible- constantly facing layoffs and offshoring of jobs to other countries lacking the necessary skills. We had furlough days where HR forbid employees to work but everyone still worked those days without pay because they were afraid of losing their job. Hard to get promotions and raises unless you could "walk on water". Resources and funding for internal infrastructure were hard to get so technical systems were outdated.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop laying off great people and replacing them with sub-par workers without the skills. Spend money on technology to bring platforms up to date.
    Stock price is not the be all end all--- you need to do a lot more to retain top talent.

Strong organization with talented people

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsVery talented group of employees that work very hard and are dedicated to the
    growth and overall reputation of the company. People truly care about eachother. Strong brand and company culture

ConsExperian is a very complex organization and very matrixed which makes it difficult to work with certain business lines.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on the individual contributors and all level of employees that are Exempt and Non-Exempt.

Good Company, Strong Leadership, High Demands.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsThe people you work with
    Benefits
    Job complexity
    Variety in the work you are asked to perform
    Interesting compnay/product

ConsStreamlined resources
    More focus on the stock holders/agressive results than employees
    Lack of work/life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementWe can be successful without running the employee population into the ground. There needs to be a plan to re-engage the excitement about working for Experian.

The pay could have been better

Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsThe best part of working at Experian is the people. It's located not too far from where I live, which is also nice.

ConsThe pay isn't as much as I should have received, and I worked a lot of overtime, just to catch up with the increased workload.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of employee reviews, in the form of questionnaires, one-on-one meetings with supervisors or managers probably would be more effective.

Great people, not-so-great company: Experian Consumer Services

Senior Web Developer (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsThere are a lot of great people working there. A lot of people are very driven to do their jobs well, and they really care about the company. It's great to work with people like that.

Cons- Pay is all over the place. Some people are paid way too much, others way too little.
    - Senior leadership has no clear vision/strategy. Projects will be greenlit with little to no research and end up getting scrapped after conversions tank.
    - Unable to retain talent. Attrition is extremely high, and all the best people leave behind mediocre talent that can barely to their jobs.
    - Bad work/life balance. Employees are pushed to work insane amounts of overtime to hit unrealistic deadlines set by oblivious upper management.
    - Senior leadership only cares about the present, not the future. Antiquated technology makes day to day maintenance a huge headache, but senior leadership is not willing to invest time and money to fix the problem because it will not result in immediate $$$.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better. Stop hiring cheap, mediocre talent. Pay the great employees enough so that they don't leave. Think about updating the tech used so that it will actually work in the far future.

Worked for Experian Americas? Contribute to the Community!