Experian Americas

www.experian.com

Experian Americas Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
Experian Americas – “North America Education Ambassador Program”

Craig Boundy

Pros
  • work life balance, some of my colleagues were nice, our division was an interesting business(in 8 reviews)

• Good pay and benefits but no loyalty, doesn't matter how hard you work or how smart you are(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • They say they support a work/life balance, but it's sometimes met with animosity, even if you're a great employee whose had great reviews(in 4 reviews)

• Asked to use cumbersome CRM tool from Siebel as well as update several manual spreadsheets weekly for senior management(in 6 reviews)

Trying...

ProsMany employees have been there for 20+ years; I love my manager, but I know my manager is frustrated with upper management. However, a lot of jobs are being moved to Chile and Costa Rica.

ConsA lot of jobs are being moved to Chile and Costa Rica, although I think some of those will be regretted - will be loss of customer satisfaction, which is already an issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want consumer trust, you should provide a robust product to truly assist people repair their credit - not just tell them what increases/decreases rating...most know this but were hit hard during the recent recession and need to know how to clear up older issues.

Did not pay out bonus to top performer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswork life balance, some of my colleagues were nice, our division was an interesting business

ConsLast year bonus was cut in half due to company performance, this year they gave nothing, I was a top rated employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince I left, I realized that this was an even more awful place to work than I realized when I was there. They are cheap and the bulk of their leadership is terrible. Very high turnover.

The worst place I ever worked, which is saying a lot

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI had good work-life balance. That was honestly the reason I stayed as long as I did but in the end, it wasn't nearly enough.

ConsSwimming in mediocrity, terrible talent brand, don't care about employees

Advice to Senior ManagementExperian was profitable in 2013, but didn't hit their overly aggressive targets, so they screwed people out of bonuses, but top performers were still supposed to get something. They have a written policy that if you are still employed at end of fiscal year (April 1), you will get your bonus. They did not honor that this year, even though it was a written policy. If you left after April 1, they just screwed you out of it. No letter, nothing. It's a class action suit waiting to happen. And this is one of many examples of how little they care about their employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do not work here... you won't be happy!

ProsThe only pro is compensation

Conspoor management, focus on negative, considerable attrition even in highly skilled areas, suffering moral

Good company but poor leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTry to promote corporate culture and diversity,

ConsChanging leadership affect employee morality.

Middle management unethical, no accountability

Client Services (Former Employee) Schaumburg, IL

Prosgood work life balance, good benefits

Consno growth opportunity, very clicky

Very positive. Unfortunately management changes will turn everything around.

Expert IT Architect (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsVery low turnaround from our group and manager. Employee are loyal and work to their best with super high team spirit

ConsOffshore and outsource promote lower employee morality.

Great people, business is successfully transforming to digital media

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsThe Targeting group has the most talented individuals, generally, of any in EMS. Very high employee engagement scores, best in class client satisfaction results. Team culture of hard work and fun.

ConsBroad, complex product portfolio; sometimes hard to stay focused given multiple priorities. Intense drive for results in recent years means that you have to perform at a very high level in sales roles, and there has therefore been higher turnover in sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementExperian's board should double down on further investment in this business, the growth potential is very strong.

BEST Company Ever

Marketing Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsAwesome Management, GREAT pay, benefits, environment

ConsI really have no negatives, I had such a great experience

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

Great company to work for. We work hard and play hard

Client Supports/Sales (Current Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsThey allow you to grow within your position and also try new things. I have had the opportunity to implement new procedures that are currently in place.

ConsThere is nothing about this company, management or my current position that is unsatisfactory except the fact that my hours went to part-time again

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Worked for Experian Americas? Contribute to the Community!