Experian Americas

Updated January 4, 2015
Updated January 4, 2015
2.9

Craig Boundy

Pros
  • work life balance, some of my colleagues were nice, our division was an interesting business (in 8 reviews)

• Great colleagues, excellent pay and benefits (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • They say they support a work/life balance, but it's sometimes met with animosity, even if you're a great employee whose had great reviews (in 4 reviews)

• Senior management profiles and targets groups of people for termination (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Decent company to work for. Undergoing a lot of changes

I have been working at Experian Americas full-time

Pros

Work life balance, decent 401k plan and benefits, great people

Cons

Salaries are way below industry standards, lack of communication between managers and staff, little to zero annual increases and bonuses.

Be honest with your staff and provide advancement opportunities to those who deserve it based on performance.

Amazing place to work

I worked at Experian Americas

Pros

Innovative team, leading the industry in social media and digital brand initiatives. Very smart people on the social team.

Cons

Need more lunch options in the area.

Avoid

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Allen, TX

I worked at Experian Americas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None
    There are amenities you have no time to take advantage of. Do not expect person in authority position to have a background in the field or expertise for that matter.

Cons

Unprofessional work environment. They do not help the consumer. Remember the more information on the credit report means they receive more money from creditors accurate or not. Stop order scores each creditor has their own scoring model they assess to your report therefore, we've all been duped.

Fire all and regroup

What once was great, isn't any longer

Current Employee - Account Executive in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Experian Americas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Decent pay, but definitely not industry leading
    - No micro management within my BU
    - Decent solutions that have a place and are fairly easy to sell
    - Company as a whole has its hands on about every type of data available

Cons

- Pay becomes flat and doesn't scale with increased sales revenue goals
    - Poor leadership within middle management to upper management, more interested in back slapping and the top/bottom profits to see it is costing them business and employees
    - Lack of vision within BU I work in
    - No longer industry leading when it comes to solutions sold to prospects
    - The company and BU's possess tons of data, but there is a lack of industry leading solutions that make the data actionable
    - Entirely to focused on top & bottom profits 365/24/7 to the point it has and will continue to cost the company sales and employees
    - Benefit package lags behind many 'mid'-sized companies I and my wife have worked for
    - Very unorganized and heavy internal politics from one BU to the next, makes it difficult to practically impossible to conduct business. "seamless" to the customer is a fantasy at this point
    - Lack of career path, even though they conduct annual employee review meetings to "help you grow and advance"

Wake up!! A company that prides itself on employee happiness and tenure has turned south. For a company that had/has 80-90% tenure, to now see over 50% employee turnover in my BU and team should sound an alert. Yet nothing is done.

Top/bottom revenue goals are terrific, but when it causes your business to stagnate without new leading solutions it will cost you business. This has been happening for years. It is costing you employees - we are tired of hearing about "lack of bandwidth".

Listen to the folks in sales that are front line. They are the voice of the customer. Listen to what the customers are asking for and develop the product they are ask for. They want it, they are asking for it. Yet there is always a delay or reason on why the development of a solution is pushed back or worse.

Middle and upper management need to take a crash course on leadership. There is a difference between a boss and a leader, unfortunately the trend within the company is are managers that are more "boss" than "leader".

If you can stay off the radar, you can probably eek out a pretty good career for a few years at Experian Consumer Direct

Former Employee - Director in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Experian Americas full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule if you are part of any supervisory role. Challenging work environment. Great place to get your "feet wet" in a Fortune 500 company and learn the ins and outs of corporate politics.

Cons

Lay offs were like clockwork at the end of every fiscal year (April). Vision and strategy of the company would COMPLETELY change direction based on mid year financial projections. This often meant the customer got the short end of the stick. Good ol boys club at Executive mgmt level with a huge amount of alpha females in all depts. who would not hesitate to backstab/sell out team members on their way up the ladder. Lot's of silos even though we were always told that they had been broken down. Taking time off was encouraged publicly but privately it was strongly "suggested" that you work from home/vacation or else your job might be deemed expendable. Very much a "what have you done for me lately" environment at times.

Pick a strategy for the year and execute it faithfully. Stop focusing on the order funnel and really start improving the way you relate with customers to better retain them. Truly develop meaningful and innovative consumer solutions instead of re-hashing the same ol bait n switch methods on the credit membership programs.

It's an OK place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Director
    Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at Experian Americas full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They offer excellent compensation and benefits. A very generous time off policy with high levels of accrual for FTO. Great for Statisticians and Programmers in that this is the crux of what Experian does. Not so great for the rest of us.

Cons

Getting more bureaucratic all the time. Just trying to get all the supplies and equipment for a new employee requires and Act of Congress it seems.

The notion of career development is essentially a recruiting tool....I can count on 1 hand the number of promotions I've seen occur in the 6 years I've been with this group. Management: Create that pathway, or you will continue to lose people to better opportunities.

Too much change

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Experian Americas full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great colleagues, excellent pay and benefits. Most of the time, the work is quite interesting.

Cons

Too much change over the last year. During the recession there were lots of lay-offs and virtually no positions have been refilled. This has led to burnout amongst too many good people. While the work is rewarding and the people are great, the consistent demand to do more with less is going to drive people to leave now that the job market is better.

Bottom line focus has led to missed investment opportunities in people and platforms. The company and BOD need to take a longer term view than they currently do so that the company can compete better than it is currently doing.

Experian ruined Medical Present Value ( MPV)

I worked at Experian Americas full-time

Pros

MPV was a terrifc place to work. The company culture was upbeat and supportive. The focused was on excellence, teamwork and on serving our clients.

Cons

After MPV was acquired by Experian to form Experian Healthcare everything changed for the worse. The "leaders" Experian sent in were anything but. The focus was on bottomline growth by bean counters and the rest be damned.

Hopefully the Passport leadership is in charge now.

Been good

Current Employee - Director in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian Americas full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you are good, work is stable.
    401k matching
    Good vacation structure
    Flexi hours
    Tuition reimbursement
    Depending on position, cellphones paid for
    Good medical, dental vision
    Short & long term disability

Cons

Sometimes too much politics.
    lengthy procedures to get things done
    Top heavy with out of touch people (50/50 split)

Constant layoffs do little to motivate.
    some people live in fear when their manager says "be thankful you even have a job"

Horrible Company... Avoid

I worked at Experian Americas as a contractor

Pros

Not much in the way of pros... maybe pay would be about it

Cons

Management disconnected, Resourcing shortages, Attrition, Back Stabbing... the list goes on and on

Experian Americas Photos