Experian Americas

www.experian.com

Experian Americas Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Experian Americas – “North America Education Ambassador Program”

Craig Boundy

Pros
  • work life balance, some of my colleagues were nice, our division was an interesting business (in 8 reviews)

• Good pay and benefits but no loyalty, doesn't matter how hard you work or how smart you are (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • They say they support a work/life balance, but it's sometimes met with animosity, even if you're a great employee whose had great reviews (in 4 reviews)

• Asked to use cumbersome CRM tool from Siebel as well as update several manual spreadsheets weekly for senior management (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing Experience and What a Great Brand!! Global Leader!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

Pros- Great benefits
    - Lots of growth opportunities. In 40+ countries and growing, many open doors
    - Can be proud to work at Experian, global leader
    - Cutting edge technologies and interesting programs
    - Great work/life balance, family oriented

ConsChallenging but rewarding work environment

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Started excellent and faded

File Coordinator (Former Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsTime off is good, they give reviews. Convienent location

ConsJob security, lack of leadership both senior and immediate. Lack of stability.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lie to employees. Don't promise what you cant provide.

Great place to work - interesting work, smart people, great benefits

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsExperian is a dynamic, interesting, global organization. Talented executive management team. Amazing benefits. Great development opportunities.

ConsLack of consistency in culture and employment experience across Experian companies and business units.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek more leadership consistency across EI, CSDA and EMS - at high levels culture and employment experience should be consistent

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun and a lot of hard work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsHard working and fun People
    Benefits are the best I have ever seen
    Communication from Executives
    Community involvement
    Many fun events throughout the year

ConsMore involuntary turnover than most places I have worked
    The four division are very different and thre is not interactions between businesses

Great Office

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lincoln, NE

Prosgreat sense of family here in Lincoln, my team is fantastic to work with and it shows based on the tenure of our group. We tend to hire only the best and brightest folks to work here and it makes getting things done much easier. Local management is great here and do the best job I think they can at getting the point across with respect to communications about the company at large.

Consnot much here in Lincoln...perhaps better coffee :) At times it would be nice to have more contact with other leaders in other locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership and work environment is what you make it. Don't wait for corporate policies and changes to happen in order to change environment...we all can share in that and make Experian a great place to be.

I made a mistake 8 years ago when I decided to work for Experian

Channel Executive - Consumer Review Services (Current Employee) Allen, TX

ProsAverage benefits including healthcare, 401k, company car. Lots of travel which provides airmile benefits. Channel Executives are superior to the management.

ConsInferior management. My VP can hardly work a computer! Constantly reorganizing and getting rid of valuable people (expecially those with tenure). I am so disappointed. I was hired by the President of Credit Services and didn't realize that he brought all of his banking cronies on board. Totally destroyed what was once a great company. The stress is so bad that it affects my day to day activities. Senior management profiles and targets groups of people for termination.

Advice to Senior ManagementExperian is not a bank so stop trying to run it like one. People like me should be promoted to help turn this abyss around.

Very Risky place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsVery Risky place to work

ConsReorganizations evey 6 months

Executive management at Corporate justify their poor performance by constantly changing local Managemet

Good people to work with but tends to be a sweat shop due to lack of planning by local management.

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsSenior Management motivated workers well. Nice location and work environment. Salaries seemed competitive. Management works magic to meet number to get bonuses out to workers.

ConsMandatory furlows and vacation usage when numbers are weak. Local management seems to have been placed based on favoritism lowering its quality. Silo'd work groups limited company wide standards for any type of job process consistency.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement processes to promote quality managers to ensure work is smooth and efficient.

A good place to get started, but hard to be promoted.

Statistical Analyst II (Former Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsGood parent company. Get to know a lot of data a modeling.

ConsNo strategic vision for that markets group.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire and retain good people.

Great Resume Builder but then move on

Account Executive (Former Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsGreat Health Care and Benefits

ConsManagement are antiquated and have poor leadership skills

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with more respect, listen to feedback, and do something about employee morale.

Worked for Experian Americas? Contribute to the Community!