Experian
www.experiangroup.com Dublin, Ireland 5000+ Employees

Experian Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated May 16, 2014
Experian – Nottingham – “Experian Landmark House”

Experian CEO and Director Don Robert

Don Robert

22 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Overall good, but in the end, laid off

Senior Client Services Specialist (Current Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

ProsGreat support & teamwork from fellow co-workers. Great products available for clients.

ConsMismanaged. Head of division was never around for very long so different management styles. Constantly changing culture of a lot of management, then trim the management, then back to adding a management. Yearly layoffs.

Good place to work

Sales (Former Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

ProsGood company. Great location. Professional staff. Excellent benefits. There is room for moving up in the company, just have to kiss the right tush.

ConsRevolving door. Job security can be an issue, even for great employees. Culture is a bit loopy at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the hire/lay off cycle. It creates paranoia among employees and leads to decreased productivity. Have some faith in your employees and invest in them.

Corporate enterprise environment with fairly good organization and clarity around one's job

Network Engineer (Current Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

ProsGood technical staff (co-workers) and well defined set of tasks or responsibilities. Pay is average, and work flexibility is up to your manager. Good set of procedures and policies in place. Not a lot of turn-over at the non-management level. My manager was very good at insulating us from inappropriate tasks or requests from outside our department.

ConsConstant re-organization. First we were going to off-shore tech jobs and we did. A few years later the reversed the decision and closed the off-shore facility as well as some branch offices. Management doesn't really look to employee feedback in a meaningful way, though few places do.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Executive (BIS) - Great Job To Horrendous Job In Less Than 1 Year

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

ProsThe company benefits are actually very good as far as PTO, 401K match, insurance and stock programs are concerned. The Schaumburg campus is nice, clean and relatively easy to get to.

ConsSales goals for BIS are completely unrealistic given that there is absolutely no investment in the products or marketing whatsoever. How a business unit that fails to hit its goals last year sets higher, even more unattainable targets this year without any additional investment in the business is mindboggling. The curent idea of brining in cheaper, less experienced sales reps is not the answer either as there is absolutely zero training aside from one day of webinars. Managment at all levels is absolutely atrocious as none of them have any experience in the credit or sales and run the organization like a bank not an information services company/credit bureau. This is literally the only company I have ever seen that promotes/hires sales managers with ZERO sales experience!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the practice of cronyism and hire managers that are competent and capable of doing their job and turning the business around. When a manager clearly fails to succeed, he/she should not be promoted or re-assigned, they should be terminated. Stop hiring and promoting people to be sales managers if they have absolutely no sales experience and then being surprised when they fail.

Fifteen years of hard work and experience.

Project Consultant Specialist (Former Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

ProsI worked with some of the smartest and savviest people in the industry.

ConsRegular (almost annually) reduction in force. Work outsourced to Costa Rica.

Experian Marketing Services

Director Sales (Current Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

ProsGood people, decent pay, great benefits

ConsLack of clear leadership and vision. Have too many traditional executives whom don't understand digital marketing running the show. Every year your quota doubles and your territory get cut in half. Lack of clear direction of the future. Bad morale and lack of communication from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind outside executives who understand the digital landscape and can create a vision for the future.

political working environment - schaumburg, IL

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

Prosbenefits OK. plenty of food options near by

ConsLow employee morale. if you are good you get overloaded. nid-management lie to employees

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate all employees honestly. Never lie to employees

IT Group

IT Group (Former Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

ProsIf your ingrained in the group you can get away with doing very very little, and with no career skill advancement on your part. If your lucky, you can get a very good paycheck for doing nothing, and not even showing up to work. Heck get an IT management position and not even know what SDLC stands for. Or be a project manager and never have seen MS Project in your life.

ConsToo many overpaid - underskilled staff sitting on their behinds. First level management protects their friends to protect their jobs. Front line management does not posses the knowledge or skill sets to understand the requests or requirements being presented, they are to rock the boat. Far too many uneducated and underskilled staff that have been protected for years and now that the real world has come knocking on their door, they are scared and complaining, Where else can you have a job for 10 plus years in IT without a degree, no certifications, no skill set improvement? Where else can you complain that you cant work from home most of the week? Where else can you come to work past nine, take a two hour lunch, (two hours because besides lunch I have to exercise or play volleyball) and leave before five pm. Most of the older employees act as if it is a high school clich.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean up the dead wood sitting there in Schaumburg, you can remove half the IT group and would not see a difference - especially with the senior members. Stop calling people what they are not, a customer service representative is not a project manager, a solutions arch is not some coder who has managed to sit in the same chair for 15 years. A business analyst is not someone who just happens to have worked with the same workflow for 20 years but has not other knowledge or experience. You have a bunch of overpaid cry babies who need a dose of reality

Average pay, political environment, no room for growth

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

ProsThe front-line managers care and protected the team as much as they could.

ConsJanuary rings in a new year and a new sense of doom for employees fearing for their jobs. Front-level management cares a little too much and protects the team in an unhealthy manner.

Fat could be trimmed to make a team run well, but usually isn't. When folks are cut, they are measured from a political perspective (tenure, friends/ties, etc.) and not what they can provide or do for the company.

No career development. Teams are built in a very flat manner, which gives team members little room for advancement. Even if you execute your job wonderfully, there is little opportunity for you to advance since there's a strong feeling that choices for promotions/advancement are done from a political more than pragmatic perspective.

Senior management feels dishonest and when they speak to you, it feels like they're trying to sell you a used car (and not a good one). Often times, when there are layoffs, executive speeches are contrived, insincere, and leave you feeling like they were just trying to keep rats from fleeing a sinking ship. I cannot blame them for managing the company with a cost-cutting strategy, but I always appreciate honesty so I can evaluate my career options.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate career paths for employees to keep them engaged and cultivate a sense of personal growth. Have reviews more often to give feedback that is helpful and properly reflective of any raises given. If an employee is told that they are doing a great job and they receive significantly less than the cost of living as an adjustment, they should not be surprised.

Marketing Services going downhill

Schaumburg, IL

ProsUsed to be a good work/life balance, but now if you're good, you're overworked.

ConsEmployees are resistant to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementLocal sr management is only concerned with money, not with employees.

Worked for Experian? Contribute to the Community!

Experian Videos

Experian – Why Work for Us?

What you bring to the world of Experian makes a world of difference. Imagine having the power to bring data to life. To take information and turn it into solutions that advance industries, power companies, and improve… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Experian reviews and ratings in Chicago, IL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Experian CEO Don Robert. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Experian employees.