Experian

www.experiangroup.com

Experian Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014
Experian – Nottingham – “Experian Landmark House”

Not yet rated.

Brian Cassin

Pros
  • work life balance is typically OK but reflected in poor pay and benefits(in 17 reviews)

• Good benefits, decent time off, plenty of telework opportunities(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management does not take interest in mentoring subordinates(in 19 reviews)

• Not enough work-life balance or work from home opportunities (they frown on it, it seems)(in 5 reviews)

Once a good company, now going nowhere.

Senior (Current Employee) Nottingham, England (UK)

ProsPosh sounding name. Sounds good when u say you work for Experian.

ConsBullying is quite bad. Low morale. High turnover. Staff don't communicate well with other departments. Antiquated systems in place. Stuck together using gaffer tape.

Advice to Senior ManagementSort out the bullying issues. Invest some money in decent systems instead of stuck together rubbish. Sort of the management so that they actually know what they are doing.Stop the bullying of staff.

Unbelievable but true..

Senior (Former Employee) Nottingham, England (UK)

Prosto gain domw functional knowlwdge about financial services. To meet some good people of experience and try to learn from them what you can, on your own. To testify to the fact-to your next employer- that you can handle demanding assignments.

ConsComplete inadequacy of management and leadership, amateur bahaviors, lack of organisation, 'corridors' and behind the scenes actions and discussions, lack of professionalism coupled with ever more ambitious expansion plans- which leaves clients completely uncovered and frustrated..

Advice to Senior ManagementGo home, the business is not functioning at all..There is no professional HR practise, very inadequate and fragmented-unprofessional training. low cost cannot be the prevalent factor if you want to compete internationally. Also, show some pity to your -even big-customers!

Formerly great company has gone downhill fast

IT Staff (Former Employee)

ProsLocation is close to home. Salaries are pretty good. Many long-time employees are wonderful co-workers with great knowledge and provide great service. Occasional telecommuting allowed by some managers, but not all.

ConsTerrible management at all levels! Company goals are all very short-term. They only care about cost-cutting with no concern for quality or retaining knowledgeable, valuable employees. Example: in IT, approximately 80-90 percent of very experienced and knowledgeable staff were laid off and replaced with less experienced workers with lower salaries. Many jobs were shifted to other countries or states.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart thinking long-term. Listen to employees who know the business and their jobs when making decisions. Stop lying to employees. Improve the technology at what should be a high-tech company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Manager Analyst Expert

Project Manager Manager (Current Employee) Allen, TX

ProsNice facility, decent benefits,

ConsDirection of company is ever changing. Bonus structure not balanced. British culture - often feel that American staff are inferior. Little growth opportunities. No training opportunities in certain areas. Company allows staff to grow stagnant.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing I say will help.

Used to be a great company, but has fallen flat

ProsAbout the only pro is compensation

ConsExperian has become a very negative environment where issues greatly overshadow accomplishments. The management of the company seems to turn a blind eye to the reality of poor decisions and negative reinforcement towards its workforce. Because of this the attrition rate has gone up considerably, moral is at an all time low, and productivity is clearly suffering.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to pick up the pace and not make the employees pay for executive mistakes. You need to seriously consider taking a step back and figuring out how to keep those that are exceptional and get rid of those that are dead weight.

Changing..

ProsVery promising industry, very good people to work with, still promising perspectives

ConsRecent changes in Europe seem to prolifirate incompetence among employees and management alike. Not many career opportunities, loosing the turf to competitors at the moment, treat people as "resources"..

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek professionalizm in whatever the company does, finally formulate a true strategy and stick to execution. Listen to and anticipate your clients needs, rather than feeding them what you have..

Way better customer service based jobs out there

Customer Service Associate II (Former Employee) Allen, TX

Prospay, benefits, time off, sick time

Conspay, sales. work balance, environment, favoritism, not enough opportunity for growth, the way you are treated by customers

Advice to Senior Managementstand up for you employees, move the people who deserved to be moved up, treat people the way you would like to be treated

Overworked, under appreciated and whole department was planned to be moved to Chile when I was hired.

Client Services (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsThe people were hard workers and willing to share their experiencial information for the benefit of the department. I gained some experience that was beneficial to me as a person.

ConsWorkload was usually excessive and overly demanding. The work was stressful, monotonus and error prone.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest in the hiring process that the position you are interviewing for will be gone in less than two years!

full-timer at Experian

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGlobal work environment and nice people

Conslow salary, and poor management

Not a company I liked much

Sales/Marketing Area (Former Employee) Nottingham, England (UK)

ProsBig, global company with plenty of diversification, so there are opportunities to move and progress. The pay was quite good. I was based mainly in the UK but was able to travel when I needed to. They were flexible and not over-bureaucratic when I requested travel.

ConsI found something oppressive about the way they handled people. I had a (not senior) management role but often felt that I was kept in the dark. It is a very political company and you are either one of the in-crowd or you are not.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf I thought they would react in any way other than to throw back their collective head and guffaw, I might offer some advice.

Worked for Experian? Contribute to the Community!